English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12 November 2017, 09:27   #101
Muadib
Registered User

Muadib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Stockholm/Sweden
Posts: 280
Hey everyone!

You can now find the Viper mk2 objects/scenes on today's Aminet uploads.

I also completed the video, found here:
[ Show youtube player ]

or here:


Hope you like it!
Muadib is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 12:05   #102
Muadib
Registered User

Muadib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Stockholm/Sweden
Posts: 280
@Emufan I saw just now your upload! Great work man, and I have to say, great timing! :-)
Muadib is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 14:22   #103
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

SnkBitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Lexington, SC / US
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
Hey everyone!

You can now find the Viper mk2 objects/scenes on today's Aminet uploads.

I also completed the video, found here:
[ Show youtube player ]

or here:


Hope you like it!
Great job!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
SnkBitten is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 15:40   #104
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
Hope you like it!
awesome, just great. also impressive soundtrack, well done, Mr. Gibbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
@Emufan I saw just now your upload! Great work man, and I have to say, great timing! :-)
yeah, I finaly put together what is working. some more are in the works,
I think there will be an update, at least 0.2, someday
emufan is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 15:48   #105
Muadib
Registered User

Muadib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Stockholm/Sweden
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
awesome, just great. also impressive soundtrack, well done, Mr. Gibbs

yeah, I finaly put together what is working. some more are in the works,
I think there will be an update, at least 0.2, someday
Thanks guys!

I actually contacted him for permission, he was curious about it! Epic!
Muadib is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 16:12   #106
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
Thanks guys!

I actually contacted him for permission, he was curious about it! Epic!
it really fits perfect, great result

thanks for releasing your scene files

#1) of course I had to load the scene and so I did a test render - the stage2 scene.
it does load, I can see the objects in layout.
but rendering (f9) I only see the bullet lights, but not the viper in the finial image.

reminds me on a problem with danceforms: loading a motion scene, insert my puppet,
but it did not render the puppet.

I think there was an option for objects, something like "do not render", but I cannot find it.

any idea?

#2) it is about the Light settings: "Ambient Intensity" and/or "Light Intensity" - both are at 0%
increase one of them or both, the objects will be visible.

#3) i did read the readme, now I understand it. using Sparks is another cool thing.

Last edited by emufan; 12 November 2017 at 22:08.
emufan is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 08:09   #107
Marchie
Registered User

Marchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sydney / London
Posts: 557
Finally my character animation proof-of-concept. If I can get LW to do facial, the rest is easy...

[ Show youtube player ]

Hope you like!
Marchie is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 08:35   #108
Muadib
Registered User

Muadib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Stockholm/Sweden
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
it really fits perfect, great result

thanks for releasing your scene files

#1) of course I had to load the scene and so I did a test render - the stage2 scene.
it does load, I can see the objects in layout.
but rendering (f9) I only see the bullet lights, but not the viper in the finial image.

reminds me on a problem with danceforms: loading a motion scene, insert my puppet,
but it did not render the puppet.

I think there was an option for objects, something like "do not render", but I cannot find it.

any idea?

#2) it is about the Light settings: "Ambient Intensity" and/or "Light Intensity" - both are at 0%
increase one of them or both, the objects will be visible.

#3) i did read the readme, now I understand it. using Sparks is another cool thing.
You 're welcome, always nice to share.

@emufan
#1 and #2) Scene 2 does two things:
a. Renders only the bullets
b. Renders BLACK where the bullets should NOT be visible, e.g. where the bullets fired are hidden by other objects in the scene

It all comes clear in scene 3 where the composition takes place. Try rendering a frame from each scene to see how this all works.

Regarding non-visible objects, are you referring to Object Dissolve property?

#3) Yeah! And I 've explored only the 'Nozzle' mode! It was a bit manual work to adjust them every keyframes in the scene, though...

@marchie This is so great! Do you do this on the Amiga? I 've never done character animation until now...
Muadib is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 10:09   #109
Marchie
Registered User

Marchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sydney / London
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
@marchie This is so great! Do you do this on the Amiga? I 've never done character animation until now...
Thanks dude! I do character animation for a living, but this is my first attempt on an Amiga. To my CG-obsessed way of thinking, it's been a blast!

Looking forward to completing the whole character (and the story!) now I know the hardest part can be done.

Really enjoying the technical advice and seeing everyone's work BTW, cheers.
Marchie is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 10:49   #110
Muadib
Registered User

Muadib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Stockholm/Sweden
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchie View Post
Thanks dude! I do character animation for a living, but this is my first attempt on an Amiga. To my CG-obsessed way of thinking, it's been a blast!

Looking forward to completing the whole character (and the story!) now I know the hardest part can be done.

Really enjoying the technical advice and seeing everyone's work BTW, cheers.
I 'd love to learn your way of doing it on the Amiga, would you like to share sone directions/instructions/scenes in the future?
Muadib is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 10:56   #111
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchie View Post
Hope you like!
cool
is it done with morphing or a bones setup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
It all comes clear in scene 3 where the composition takes place.
I think I understood the steps, but will take a closer look again
Quote:
Regarding non-visible objects, are you referring to Object Dissolve property?
no. I cannot explain. I did convert some MoCAP files with danceform,
added frame null in the pose of my puppet object and did export the scene.

it does load as expected in lw5. now I replace the null object with my puppet,
but the puppet isnt visible, even while listed in scene tab and object properties.

the same thing does work, if i only use the example mocap files, which came with danceform.

I also have to redo this, this is a bit odd
Quote:
#3) Yeah! And I 've explored only the 'Nozzle' mode! It was a bit manual work to adjust them every keyframes in the scene, though...
I did some basic tutorials from the manual aswell, it is so non-intuitive.
and the results is not allways as expected.
but your example gives me hope

#1) attached my best example , some star-trail, donr with sparks.
but I cannot find the scene/setup anymore

#2) btw. did you test the DOF-Toy plugin? is it just a "toy" or is it usefull somehow?
Attached Images
 

Last edited by emufan; 13 November 2017 at 11:10.
emufan is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 11:07   #112
Muadib
Registered User

Muadib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Stockholm/Sweden
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
cool

I think I understood the steps, but will take a closer look again

no. I cannot explain. I did convert some MoCAP files with danceform,
added frame null in the pose of my puppet object and did export the scene.

it does load as expected in lw5. now I replace the null object with my puppet,
but the puppet isnt visible, even while listed in scene tab and object properties.

the same thing does work, if i only use the example mocap files, which came with danceform.

I also have to redo this, this is a bit odd

I did some basic tutorials from the manual aswell, it is so non-intuitive.
and the results is not allways as expected.
but your example gives me hope

#1) btw. did you test the DOF-Toy plugin? is it just a "toy" or is it usefull somehow?
Strange... Perhaps something happens when the Replacement takes place, some deformation maybe... Try Double-siding a surface and see if it becomes visible in Layout.

As for Sparks, it's a pity it doesn't accoubt for the Global Coords but only for Local ones.

#1) Sorry, not yet. Will do that tonight, if I have time.
Muadib is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 11:16   #113
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
Strange... Perhaps something happens when the Replacement takes place, some deformation maybe... Try Double-siding a surface and see if it becomes visible in Layout.
maybe, It must be something trivial. will look at that issue.
emufan is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 11:48   #114
Marchie
Registered User

Marchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sydney / London
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
cool
is it done with morphing or a bones setup?
Bones in LW 3.5. I had to use morphs to setup the mapping coords.
Marchie is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 12:04   #115
Muadib
Registered User

Muadib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Stockholm/Sweden
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchie View Post
Bones in LW 3.5. I had to use morphs to setup the mapping coords.
Coooool! Is it a stock A2000 you did it with?
Muadib is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 13:14   #116
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchie View Post
Bones in LW 3.5. I had to use morphs to setup the mapping coords.
crazy. it's not about tools only, its the user's skills

#1) here I have a working danceform -> lw5 amiga scene.
not that perfect, but cool for sure:
View My Video
emufan is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 13:16   #117
Muadib
Registered User

Muadib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Stockholm/Sweden
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
crazy. it's not about tools only, its the user's skills

#1) here I have a working danceform -> lw5 amiga scene.
not that perfect, but cool for sure:
View My Video
Bum, it isnt mobile-friendly, I'll watch it when I get home..
Muadib is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 13:20   #118
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
Bum, it isnt mobile-friendly, I'll watch it when I get home..
I cannot find a working free/anonymous video hoster.
YT, vimeo you need an account - are there alternatives left?

#1) https://streamable.com/vzwq9
does this work?
emufan is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 13:51   #119
Muadib
Registered User

Muadib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Stockholm/Sweden
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
I cannot find a working free/anonymous video hoster.
YT, vimeo you need an account - are there alternatives left?

#1) https://streamable.com/vzwq9
does this work?
Yeah it works! Cool!

Why not make an account without putting true names etc?
Muadib is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 14:03   #120
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
Yeah it works! Cool!
ok
it's one of the danceform examples.
just export this as a lightwave scene (keyframes only)
in lw you see the bones setup, only one object which you replace with your object.

it's adviced to have the same pose on the first frame of the MoCap file,
and the object you want use. but i still struggle here a bit, with puppet's arms in T-pose :/

in DanceForms you have to duplicate the first frame, so it will export to the lw scene.
they seem to count the frame numbers differently, DF starts with 1 , while LW with 0, IIRC.
Quote:
Why not make an account without putting true names etc?
as long as there is still a free alternative on the net, i dont

Last edited by emufan; 13 November 2017 at 14:10.
emufan is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scala Tutorials? zerohour1974 support.Apps 3 24 March 2015 05:28
Cracking Tutorials? ufo Coders. General 21 31 January 2014 12:39
Vector Tutorials h0ffman Coders. General 7 24 January 2011 18:16
Tutorials for raytracers christianlucio request.Other 0 04 September 2010 18:38
AMOS tutorials Galaxy Coders. Tutorials 0 26 June 2007 13:25

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.13915 seconds with 16 queries