English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 13 May 2021, 20:37   #2761
oundfire99

Mod Downloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magix View Post
Hello friends,

The TURRAN FTP (The Ultimate Retro Repository for Amiga Nuts) is available here:

Code:
host: grandis.nu
port: 21
user: ftp
pass: any
ftp://ftp:amiga@grandis.nu

You can use this search: http://grandis.nu/eabsearch

If you feel that you would like to donate then please use the "Donate with Paypal" link from here http://grandis.nu/turran
Please note that the "Donate" link at the top of this page goes to running this forum and not the FTP specifically.
If you want, send a PM to Turran if you donate =)

The TURRAN FTP (The Ultimate Retro Repository for Amiga Nuts) is in no way owned or handled by the registered EAB (English Amiga Board) owner. Our interests just fit together. If you have complaints as a copyright owner from any of its contents, contact turran on this forum.

Notice for Filezilla users. Uncheck "Treat files without extension as ASCII files" or you'll end up with corrupt files. See more here. Thanks Crashdisk: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1435011
Also, make sure to set maximum simultaneous transfers to 1 for the anonymous "ftp" account or 2 if you have your own registered account. Either do this in the Site Manager for the TURRAN FTP or globally:
To reduce the number of simultaneous transfers, open the application -> Edit -> Settings -> Transfers. There you will see a field called Maximum simultaneous transfers - change the value to 1 and click on OK to save the changes.

If the FTP server goes down, you can e-mail, PM Turran, or post in this thread.
Best to e-mail though for the quickest response: "eab AT grandis DOT nu".

Kindly hosted by Turran.

If you want to upload some files to the server, please consider the following upload rules:
Upload Rules
  1. DO NOT upload "Workbench Disks", "Kickstart ROMs/Disks" & software or music files still supported/for sale.
  2. DO NOT upload NEVER EVER APC & TCP Software.
  3. Upload your files to folder called your FTP User Name in ~Uploads (create one if it does not exist).
  4. Post a reply here what you have uploaded or create a thread about it when you have several files to upload.
* * * W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G * * *

Those found in violation of points 1 & 2 of the above rules will automatically earn themselves the following ban:-
  1. First Offence a 1 week ban
  2. Second Offence a 1 month ban
  3. Third offence a permanent ban
and have their EAB File Server accounts suspended until further notice or disabled permanently.

* * * W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G * * *

If you do not have an uploader account yet, Please read this post first.

Cheers,
Magix

**************************************** IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ ****************************************

As of the 1st of November 2017, the main "EAB File Server" has undergone some changes...

This is really to maximise speeds / access for "real" EAB members and has come about after numerous discussions in this thread along with a
poll (in which all EAB members could vote / give their opinions, comments on)

Besides actually hosting the site, Turran has worked tirelessly to provide a solution that should definitely suit all, see the following:

<<< and don't forget to donate "beer money" for this fabulous service if you use regularly, appreciate the running costs and effort involved >>>

...but what does this all mean???

EAB members:

If you are an EAB member then it's strongly advised that you create an FTP account to gain maximum speed / access, plus upload abilities. Turran and modrobert have made this very simple... Just click
here and fill in the relevant details.

Please note though, that certain criteria is applied:

a) You must have at least 50 posts on your EAB account.
b) Your last post must not be older than 5 days ago.
c) Once your account is created, you need to login / use it within 7 days. This is to verify your account and you only have to login once, not every 7 days.
d) Registered accounts are limited to downloading 50GB per week, resetting on Monday mornings.

To login to the "EAB File Server" you have 2 options really:

1) Use your favourite FTP client.
2) Use a web browser.

If using a web browser, here's the required syntax to paste into the address bar:

Code:
ftp://username:password@grandis.nu/

Obviously, from the above, replace:

username = <your username>
password = <whatever you set when creating the FTP account>

Non-EAB members:

If you are not a registered EAB member then there are a few options available to you; and of course, access is still given:

a) You can continue to use the main "EAB File Server" with the "ftp" username, but will be subject to 50kb/sec maximum download speeds + only 20 logins are allowed at any one time.
b) You can use the newly set up
GoogleDrive instead.

*********************************************** ENJOY!!! ***********************************************
This is amazing, thanks, do you know the password when you get in and try to transfer some MODS (Octamed):

Misc > Music > Mod

Thanking yous
Old 13 May 2021, 22:06   #2762
Turran

Not quite sure what password you mean?

As for the FTP itself, the username is "ftp" without the quotes and you can use any password. If you can not get in using that, check any error message you get..

There should be no other passwords needed.

Otherwise, more information needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oundfire99 View Post
This is amazing, thanks, do you know the password when you get in and try to transfer some MODS (Octamed):

Misc > Music > Mod

Thanking yous
Old 14 May 2021, 13:28   #2763
oundfire99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Not quite sure what password you mean?

As for the FTP itself, the username is "ftp" without the quotes and you can use any password. If you can not get in using that, check any error message you get..

There should be no other passwords needed.

Otherwise, more information needed.
Thanks for your reply, I can get in via FTP, but when I go to the 'Mod' directory and try and transfer locally, it asks for a password and won't work until one is put in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ftp.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	71915  
Old 14 May 2021, 15:40   #2764
Exodous

In FileZilla Site Manager, select the server session you have created for EAB

Click the "Transfer Settings" tab

Tick "Limit number of simultaneous connections"

Set "Maximum number of connections" to 1

Now click "Connect" and things should be good.
Old 19 May 2021, 12:59   #2765
SiDeSaLaD

Hi All

Can I ask if the TOSEC file areas are under any restrictions, Applications adf directory seems to be unavailable along with the Games adf directory, FTPRush seems to login okay and other file areas are okay?

Thanks In Advance

SiDeSaLaD
Old 19 May 2021, 13:05   #2766
Turran

There are no restrictions. If you can see a folder, you can enter it. If you can see a file, you can download it.

Check the info panel when you get a problem and see if it says anything.

If I were to guess, ftprush can't handle folders with [] in their name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiDeSaLaD View Post
Hi All

Can I ask if the TOSEC file areas are under any restrictions, Applications adf directory seems to be unavailable along with the Games adf directory, FTPRush seems to login okay and other file areas are okay?

Thanks In Advance

SiDeSaLaD
Old 19 May 2021, 13:22   #2767
SiDeSaLaD

Hi Turran

Thanks For The Quick Reply, It Looks Like Ugly Old FileZilla Is Coming Back To My Desktop

SaLaD

Quote:
There are no restrictions. If you can see a folder, you can enter it. If you can see a file, you can download it.

Check the info panel when you get a problem and see if it says anything.

If I were to guess, ftprush can't handle folders with [] in their name...
Old 27 May 2021, 18:32   #2768
ItsTheSmell

Why doesnt the TURRAN 0.5 downloader work anymore? How can I download the latest WHDLoad games in one hit? I cant find the downloader app either so has it been discontinued?
Old 27 May 2021, 23:23   #2769
tar

Hi there,

I've found an old Amiga archive on my disk and I've compared the extracted content with the extracted contents of TOSEC and both TOSEC updates & fixes. There are 3.963 files left which are not included on the TOSEC files.

Now, I have also compared it with the Gamebase 2.1 & 2.3 games which showed me 218 files as duplicates. Nevertheless, I did not remove those as their description is more precise and by deletion I would probably destroy a game disk set.

You can find the files on the server here:
/~Uploads/tar/games (.adf missing in tosec & gamebase)

In order for you to check beforehand, there are 4 checksum files: CRC32 and SHA1 for all packed and extracted files.

Have fun!
Old 28 May 2021, 10:30   #2770
oundfire99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodous View Post
In FileZilla Site Manager, select the server session you have created for EAB

Click the "Transfer Settings" tab

Tick "Limit number of simultaneous connections"

Set "Maximum number of connections" to 1

Now click "Connect" and things should be good.
Thank you, that worked
Old 30 May 2021, 15:32   #2771
dreadnought

Hi, I tried to log in to my ftp account but get the "Error. User dreadnought is deleted." message.

I've registered last month and only downloaded one thing (Gamebase 2.3) so not sure what's wrong.
Old 30 May 2021, 15:41   #2772
Turran

You registered your account but never logged in using it. I guess you still logged in with the anonymous "ftp" account instead of your own?

There is a rule that says that once an account has been created, you must log in to it once within 7 days or it'll be disabled.

I've enabled your account again and you have 9 hours to log in to it, or it will be disabled again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Hi, I tried to log in to my ftp account but get the "Error. User dreadnought is deleted." message.

I've registered last month and only downloaded one thing (Gamebase 2.3) so not sure what's wrong.
Old 30 May 2021, 15:46   #2773
Turran

Paths changed during a cleanup. Download 0.5.3 instead from the WHDLoad_Packs folder in the root of the FTP.

Forum thread for that software is here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=68704

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheSmell View Post
Why doesnt the TURRAN 0.5 downloader work anymore? How can I download the latest WHDLoad games in one hit? I cant find the downloader app either so has it been discontinued?
Old 30 May 2021, 15:53   #2774
dreadnought

Quote:
You registered your account but never logged in using it. I guess you still logged in with the anonymous "ftp" account instead of your own?
Could be, though it's odd because I specifically made the account for that one thing (Gamebase), seeing as it was borked on the google disk and I thought normal ftp would be too slow. And I did download it very quickly after that. Hmph.

Anyway, many thanks for the insta-reply and reenabling my account
Old 09 June 2021, 17:22   #2775
Turran

Temp down while my ISP decides if it should work or not..
Old 03 July 2021, 13:15   #2776
Turran

And temp down again. Put in another case with the ISP again. All fiber activity just dies and stays down a few hours. Comes to life by itself.

Edit: and back

Last edited by Turran; 03 July 2021 at 16:05.
Old 13 July 2021, 00:28   #2777
ScHlAuChi

Thanks for running this server
Old 14 July 2021, 15:52   #2778
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScHlAuChi View Post
Thanks for running this server

Most welcome =)

There will be a short break today in a little while. I'll do some maintenance to the power and need to shut down a few things.

Edit: That went a lot faster than expected. All back.

Last edited by Turran; 14 July 2021 at 16:30.
Old 26 July 2021, 07:47   #2779
HOL2001
Amigamaniac

Cannot get access to the FTP Server. Anyone else?
Old 26 July 2021, 07:55   #2780
chip

Works fine here