English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 27 February 2018, 08:38   #1
AC/DC HACKER!

OS 4.x Write-Protected

Hello all,

I'll retype the description for more clarity. I have OS 3.5 and OS 4.x installed on seperate partitions for Classic A4KT. I'm using Picasso 4, CSPPC, and have the SCSI/VIDEO Adapter attached to the A4KT...but not being used. I also have an Indivision AGA, so I'm using both video out so I can see everything.

OS 3.5 is using SFS02, and read/writes fine, even when playing Payback PPC and whatever else. The SYS: is writable.

However, for some reason on the SD Card, the partition with OS 4.x installed reads fine but won't allow any writing -- it is protected. I have reinstalled OS 4.x to this SD Card a few times now, and with FFS it's not write-protected. But I want to use SFS02. If I boot OS 4.x without a Startup-Sequence and attempt a makedir the partition is write-protected. So it's somewhere in the setup of the software for PPC. Is this a PPC hardware problem that I'm just discovering?

With my Amiga 4000 (not T) I'm able to install OS 4.x fine on CompactFlash 32GB. So now I'm wondering if somehow I zapped something in my SD2SCSI..? I haven't checked the settings yet, and will do that soon. Any ideas? Any questions? Appreciate it.

If I connect the SD Card to WinUAE I'm able to install OS 4.x fine, and it's writable. Hmm..now that I consider this more, I am wondering if it's the SD2SCSI...

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 28 February 2018 at 00:00. Reason: To be clearer.