English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 28 May 2020, 14:03   #1
quantum8

FTPMount help

I'm trying to set up FTPMount on my 3.1.4 install in winUAE in preparation for using it on my a4000 but I'm struggling to get it to work.

I'm using the quick-install method and I've added the relevant tooltypes to the Hosts drawer (HOST= , USER=, PASSWORD=, etc) but it seems like nothing happens when i run the quick-install script.

When the install script is run, I can see the ftpmountdir: assign, but nothing for the ftp: device (object not found).

I can access my server using RNOXfer so I know the connection can be made.

I'm a bit lost on how to troubleshoot this and how to access the ftp server as a mounted directory.
Old 06 June 2021, 19:15   #2
Alpha One

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum8 View Post
I'm trying to set up FTPMount on my 3.1.4 install in winUAE in preparation for using it on my a4000 but I'm struggling to get it to work.

I'm using the quick-install method and I've added the relevant tooltypes to the Hosts drawer (HOST= , USER=, PASSWORD=, etc) but it seems like nothing happens when i run the quick-install script.

When the install script is run, I can see the ftpmountdir: assign, but nothing for the ftp: device (object not found).

I'm a bit lost on how to troubleshoot this and how to access the ftp server as a mounted directory.
It works for me so far with 3.1.4, created a new Icon in /Hosts dir called 'Home', edited the tooltypes and then after reboot I can use FTP:HOME in the shell to get access to the FTP. Also works like a charme from DOPUS after creating a new Drive FTP:HOME. Only problem I have so far: I can only access 2 subdirectories and then no files are shown anymore, e.g. W/WAXWORKS and then the data directory can't be accessed anymore.
Old 06 December 2023, 08:44   #3
Tarzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum8 View Post

Exactly the same problem with my WB 3.2.2.1 and FTPMount 1.4fixed.
I try to use quick-install method but have the same information-> ftp: device (object not found) where device is the icon settled in hosts.
(my FTP serveur can be reached with RNOxfer)

Did you find any solution ?
Old 09 December 2023, 20:19   #4
Tarzin

Finally find a solution with SMB2FS and Diskimage.
I'm able to mount ISO on my Amiga directly from my PC without any ISO transfer.