English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR contributions

Old 20 June 2013, 12:36   #61
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Thanks Lilalurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
That link doesn't work. Perhaps another EAB update bug? RCK/mods??

The Amiga CD! and Ocean Power mags would certainly would be of interest. Any chance you can scan them for AMR please? (see the FAQ for scanning guidelines)

Not sure how much CD32 coverage there was in Games Master Zone. How many reviews were there in the issue that was pictured?
I've scanned the Amiga CD one already (300dpi) do you want me to just post it on the HOL contribution file? or would you like me to crop and rotate it first?

This Amiga CD mag looks like a Preview for the mag which was planned for release the following year, did they ever release The Amiga CD Mag? I didn't spot it on your list?

I'll have a look at the other 2 Mags and let you know what's in them
Old 20 June 2013, 14:09   #62
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong
That link doesn't work. Perhaps another EAB update bug? RCK/mods??
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Thanks Lilalurl! Is it an EAB update bug, though, that's preventing the link in Rob's post from working?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 1
I've scanned the Amiga CD one already (300dpi) do you want me to just post it on the HOL contribution file? or would you like me to crop and rotate it first?
Cool! If you you have the time and the will to crop & straighten the scans, then please go ahead. It'll probably mean that the scans will hit the AMR site sooner rather than later.

Yep, just upload it to the HOL folder. Once that's done, PM Codetapper to let him know as he handles the scan contributions.

Quote:
This Amiga CD mag looks like a Preview for the mag which was planned for release the following year, did they ever release The Amiga CD Mag? I didn't spot it on your list?
I'm not sure if they just ended up releasing it as an infrequent CD only mag, or whether they strapped a CD to a mag that had a reduced page count. My memory banks are failing atm, but I might chase it up for my own piece of mind.

Quote:
I'll have a look at the other 2 Mags and let you know what's in them
Cool! Just FYI, the Ocean Power mags are listed on AMR......but we don't really have much content on any of the issues that were released. Would be great if you could scan that one please!
Old 20 June 2013, 14:20   #63
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

No worries

Happy to help.

just looked in the Gamesmasterzone one and there's a couple of bits about the CD 32 it's self but not any games...

Do you want it?

Last edited by Rob 1; 20 June 2013 at 14:31.
Old 20 June 2013, 21:11   #64
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 1 View Post
No worries

Happy to help.
Excellent! Great to see someone with enthusiasm to contribute to both HOL and AMR!! Very much a rarity these days.......

Quote:
just looked in the Gamesmasterzone one and there's a couple of bits about the CD 32 it's self but not any games...

Do you want it?
Might be that the mag didn't really cover much of the CD32, despite the best intentions. Have you got any other issues to check the amount of CD32 coverage? If not, then you're probably better off putting your energy towards scanning the issues of Amiga CD! and Ocean Power for now.
Old 20 June 2013, 21:25   #65
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Ok I've got raw copies if the scans for those 2 mags. I'll process them and copy them to the ftp some time this weekend and give you a nod once they're on there.

I see you've been busy on hol too

I'm relatively new to this place and have got some lost time to make up for.

I'm just glad I've got some stuff which can help even though I'm a late comer.

Keep up the good work
Old 20 June 2013, 22:07   #66
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Ok I've got raw copies if the scans for those 2 mags. I'll process them and copy them to the ftp some time this weekend and give you a nod once they're on there.
Excellent stuff!

Quote:
I see you've been busy on hol too
Yeh - I'm working 12 hour days atm with no lunch break, so I sometimes work on HOL at the office during coffee breaks as a means of stress relief!!

Quote:
I'm relatively new to this place and have got some lost time to make up for.

I'm just glad I've got some stuff which can help even though I'm a late comer.

Keep up the good work
It's never too late to contribute! Besides, we could be working on HOL and AMR for some years to come before either get anywhere near complete.......so you keep up the good work too!
Old 23 June 2013, 12:32   #67
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Quote:
Excellent stuff!
Yeh - I'm working 12 hour days atm with no lunch break, so I sometimes work on HOL at the office during coffee breaks as a means of stress relief!!
12 hours no break you need to talk to your union rep what line of work are you in mate?

I'm 11 hours out the house but an hour of that is travel time.

I tend to dip in and out of HOL and EAB when I need to turn away from work for 10mins. My "happy place" too (sometimes it's longer than 10 mins )

I had a flyer for this mag, unusual one. Do you know much about it?

http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.co...ad-part-1.html

Amiga CD! and Ocean power are all cropped and ready on the FTP mate

ftp.abime.net / hol / incoming

Last edited by Rob 1; 23 June 2013 at 13:16. Reason: update
Old 24 June 2013, 13:29   #68
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
12 hours no break you need to talk to your union rep what line of work are you in mate?
Quality of life research in cancer right now. I'm in the final stages of closing out a PhD on the topic, but work privately on a part-time basis as a contract research/statistical consultant. Juggling the two from week-to-week over the last 2-3 years has meant that I often have to work 11-12+ hour days during the week if I am to get one or two days away from work on weekends.

Quote:
I tend to dip in and out of HOL and EAB when I need to turn away from work for 10mins. My "happy place" too (sometimes it's longer than 10 mins )
Yeh, my coffee breaks in front of HOL sometimes go longer than 10 minutes! Speaking of which, I really must get back to it after I finish this post!!

Quote:
I had a flyer for this mag, unusual one. Do you know much about it?

http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.co...ad-part-1.html
I've seen that mag before on the web, but it's probably not one that ever made it to Aussie shores. Can't say I've come across any issues when I've bought from overseas either.

Reminds me of mags like Amiga and C= Force that came out later in the piece and were aimed at younger games players.

Quote:
Amiga CD! and Ocean power are all cropped and ready on the FTP mate

ftp.abime.net / hol / incoming
Cracking stuff!! I've just pinged Codetapper an email to let him know, so hopefully they'll appear on AMR soon.

Last edited by DrBong; 24 June 2013 at 14:38.
Old 24 June 2013, 13:45   #69
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Quote:

Cracking stuff!! I've just pinged Codetapper an email to let him know, so hopefully they'll appear on AMR soon.

You're welcome, glad to be of service
Old 06 July 2013, 00:00   #70
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Quote:
Hello Dr Bong,

Have they been some use?
Old 17 September 2016, 09:54   #71
DoctorQ
What?? Who?? DoctorQ!!

Send a message via MSN to DoctorQ
Hi, I have recently started going through my pile of coverdisks, and already found some that isn't found on the site. Any requirements to name, format, viruscheck etc.? Where do I send or upload the files??
Old 18 September 2016, 12:02   #72
Thalion
Amiga Collector

You don't need to name them specifically. The easiest way would be uploading the files onto the EAB FTP and leaving a comment either in the EAB FTP section or maybe better in the Project TOSEC section as the files will then being examined and treated accordingly by them, so they can be integrated into the collection.
Old 19 March 2017, 21:18   #73
DoctorQ
What?? Who?? DoctorQ!!

Send a message via MSN to DoctorQ
I'm now through checking about 150+ coverdisks. Until now I have about 30 disks that isn't found on AMR, so that's a positve thing. I'm stuck with about 10 disks that I can't manage to make a backup of, either beacause they are NDOS disks or dual format (The One, dual format with Atari and Amiga).

Any tips, or can I send the disks to someone in the team with the skills to make a backup of the disks?
Old 09 May 2021, 00:28   #74
Rod_cl
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to Rod_cl
Hi,
i have CU Amiga Magazine cover disks 150 and 151 as ADF files ready to be uploaded. I checked on the ftp server and they not there. I cant upload, i get service denied message. How do i proceed?
BEst

Rodrigo
Old 09 May 2021, 00:42   #75
redblade
Zone Friend

Upload them to the zone.
To find the zone click on the Rules & help at the top
Old 31 October 2021, 02:31   #76
Lord Bones

Want to contribute

Hi all

Love to share some stuff with AMR. I use to have a huge amount of Amiga magazines (Amiga Power, Amiga Format, CU Amiga, Amiga Shopper, Amiga Fun, etc) but no longer However I still have most of the coverdisks. They may not work anymore, but I can try to make scans of them.

Stay cool all
Old 06 June 2022, 01:35   #77
redblade
Zone Friend

Hi, How can I contribute Tutorial pages from archive.org to this site? I mainly use AMR for tutorials and not games?

Amiga Shopper has Photogenics Tutorials, there are also Assembler Tutorials..

Is there a naming template?
I know basic SQL :/
Old 06 June 2022, 01:41   #78
redblade
Zone Friend

Double Post

Last edited by redblade; 06 June 2022 at 01:43. Reason: Double Post
Old 19 June 2023, 06:41   #79
teh
aka Superfrog

Anything in dire need of scans or copies of disks to be uploaded?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20230618213715.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	79426  
Old 25 June 2023, 23:15   #80
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Do you have a list of all disks?