English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 04 December 2021, 14:14   #1
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Workbench is not mounting other HDF Drives

Workbench is not mounting other HDF drives on WinUAE, this is Classic Workbench but it is a copy of my other one that was on a CF card but is now a HDF file, all I did was copy its files from DH0(Workbench Partition)with Dopus 1 to a new HDF file and made it bootable, but now if I add a HDF files as a HD drive so as DH1,(I have tried the RDB Mode button too and its still not showing) it does not appear on the Workbench screen...?

If I add the HDF file to my other one, the original HDF(CF) Classic Workbench, it sees it and mounts it and shows it on the Workbench screen..?

Very Weird, I might of copied Workbench wrong or Dopus did... ??#

Could it be looking for a partition thats on the original HDF file, it has 3 partitions, HD0, DH1 and DH3.

Last edited by spannernick; 04 December 2021 at 14:27.
Old 04 December 2021, 14:32   #2
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Sorry it was me, I added a Dismount DH1 to the Workbench startup Sequence... I added it it the origanl one cause DH1 has Classic Workbench Advanced on it, DH0 has Classic Workbench GAAE on it.

Well this might help someone still if they have a problem with mounting HD drives or HDF files.
Old 04 December 2021, 15:14   #3
AMIGASYSTEM

You don't need to unmount the volume, just rename the volume and uncheck the boot checkbox.

Two systems with the same name will conflict, and if you use a Hardfile in RDB Mode, you will have to uncheck the boot checkbox on the second partition, because the two Hardfiles may have the same Partition Name.