English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 26 April 2021, 06:24   #61
Bruce Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
What I am finding is a major downside to this adaptor is that I can't seem to get PAL screens to fit vertically, they expand past the edge of the screens on the top and bottom. It fits horizonally but doesn't seem to be stretched wide enough. Both the TV or the monitor don't allow a vertical stretch over HDMI. Unless there's something I'm missing here, I've tried booting in early startup as PAL and also tried Degrader.
I had the same problem with my unit. It chops the top and bottom off PAL screens, and the aspect ratio is a bit off. I changed the Workbench resolution to 720x480 and it produced an excellent picture, but this is a non-standard resolution which is unacceptable to me. It is a good converter for NTSC RGB, but sadly not for PAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234
I know it's the other way round but I final got a super cheap HDMI to composite converter...
Yep, completely irrelevant. Low latency is much easier to achieve when converting down to a lower frame rate.
Old 04 November 2021, 10:02   #62
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
The Vimeo video of Kid Chaos looks fantastic to me.
You mean the picture quality ? 'cause if you meant the smoothness of the scrolling, I can obtain such speed with my 1 MB A500 when the latter is switched over to NTSC mode. Some games won't work properly when the machine is reset that way (I use Degrader), but this one does. Also, my machine is fitted with a S-Video converter. It's not something I am inclined to do these days, but I do have a VGA box and a cheap but effective VGA -> HDMI converter ready if I wanted my 26'' Panasonic LCD TV to display the picture coming from my consoles or my miggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmann14 View Post
That is my Amiga 500 plus (2 meg chip) with a classic 520 accelerator.
I would love to see what could be done with such machine in hands in terms of those few games that are known to run slow on most A500's (flight sims etc.) yet don't require AGA. ECS chipset pushed to the max, sounds nice!