English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 04 November 2001, 02:07   #1
Unregistered

Roll eyes (sarcastic) Lords of the Realm AGA-problems free

Hi,
congratulations for this great site to all of you who created it. I am looking for the game Lords of the Realm AGA by impressions (1994 or 1995). It seems that the only adf files around have a bug (or they miss something) that crashes the game each time a battle is occured with another opponent. Do you know where I can find the game without that problem?
Thanks in advance

Old 04 November 2001, 10:00   #2
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
could you please register, so that you can upload the version which you say it's broken?
I'd like to take a look at it ... and if there are no errors, it's an emulator problem. If there ARE errors, it's a disk problem.
(NOTE: Unregistered users CANNOT upload. Weird, but true.)
Old 04 November 2001, 11:26   #3
akis

Thank you andreas for replying
Well the version of the Lords I have was downloaded from Back to the roots site. First problem that occured was that I couldn't passed the titles screen (always crashing) but then I used a more stable emulation version 0.8.8R8 which fixed that. the second was that in a battle with opponents the computer crashed when it tried to show animations after the battle (some friend wrote that someone hasn't made a correct adf image with the file that showed the animation that's why it crashes). I do'nt want to upload the game, because I don't want to take much of the presious space in zone,at least not untill I try the version I download now from pe2000.net, I hope that works
I would like to ask another thing though for another game
I have a swos save game disk (downloaded from BTTR) which every time I try to save a career says that I have a different version of the game, not compatible with the save game disk, I have the 1996swos game.Anyone has a save game disk for that? If I try to format the disk using the option from the game and then try to save, it seems ok but when I try to load it back the career doesn't exist in the disk
Does anyone know the version of senible soccer 95-96 which exists in pe2000 whith what UAE version is compatible, cause it doesn't seem to work with none!
thank you in advance I'll post the last part in the swos posting as well

Old 04 November 2001, 14:01   #4
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
(NOTE: Unregistered users CANNOT upload. Weird, but true.) [/B]
Not weird, but ATM the zone have no upload limit, so any guest would be able to flood the abime.net server.
Maybe If I fixed the global max upload size in the zone we could allow guest to upload in...
But I'm not sure it is a really good idea
Old 04 November 2001, 21:09   #5
andreas
Zone Friend

Oh, you DID register indeed
Well if you had said that this is a BTTR version you wouldn't have needed to register
But now you're a true, qualified member of EAB - welcome!

I'm gonna check out the BTTR version - it's not the first time that the DISKS downloadable there contain track errors.
Old 05 November 2001, 18:09   #6
akis

Thank you andreas
Yesterday I tried the version I found in pe2000 but no luck at all the same problem occurs as well. I think all the sites have the same version It is cracked by a german company MEintz or something I believe.
Anyway...
Danke

Old 05 November 2001, 19:02   #7
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Only one person can help us. Codetapper..HEEEEELLLLLP!!!!!
Old 05 November 2001, 21:08   #8
Amiga1992

"When there's something strange...
...In your ADF...

...who you gonna call...

CODETAPPER!"
Old 05 November 2001, 23:29   #9
andreas
Zone Friend

:laugh
Heheh, very good one ... and it fits perfectly!

@akis
Well I just checked it and I did NOT encounter any crashes (yet). Seems I need more (exact, that is) information to reproduce this. Feel free to tell me where to click in detail, just like you would explain it to e. g. your mother when you teach her surfing the web
Side-note 1: The BTTR version has obviously been taken from the Dream Zone, except the first disk, which has been replaced by another one, for no obvious reason.
Side-note 2: The BTTR version was cracked by a DANISH cracking group, not a German one. The message at bootup is in Danish language.
Side-note 3: MOUSE IS MOVING AT SNAIL'S PACE.
I checked it out with WinUAE 0.8.17 R2. The pointer *jumped* instead of *moving* around. Or my machine is indeed too slow

Last edited by andreas; 05 November 2001 at 23:36.
Old 06 November 2001, 01:20   #10
akis

Hi andreas
My German are a bity rusty these days, haven't used them for a looooong time . Wie gehts?
Besides I could hardly tell the diference between German and Danish, untill I move further on with my knowledgwe of the language !!!
How on earth did you checked that the disks are from different sites? any utility that helps you look into that, that I don't know of?
Let me explain how the problem occurs
The problem seems to be in the first disk since the program doesn't let you install it into a hard drive (another error) I remember in the original game that I once had it let you do that.
Anyway the cursor problem isn't one of speed of the emulator because that was the way it behaved in the original one too! something to do with the code by imressions.
If you choose one side and begin the game, it shows you as a leader of a county with your coloured flag waving on.If you click into the county it drives you to a screen with multiple windows, where the management of the county is, assigning people to jobs,farming etc.One of the little icons on the right 4th of 5th from top with s sword and a soldier on lets you raise an army.You should first gother some money by taxes from your people.In order to do that you should let some seasons pass to raise some money.so by left clicking it drives you back to the main screen out of the county which is the map with the counties borders etc.By clicking on the shield down right corner besides your name, changes the turn, other players move until your turn i s up again.Do that several times let 1 -2 years pass (don't worry about the management if you play at the easiest level), that will be suficient to raise some money from taxes.click on your county (the one with your coloured flag) and go again to the window which lets you raise an army (that can be done by recruting population from your own country, not recomended-brings unhappiness and you will need then to deal with the management, or pay some missionaries, which appear on that window from time to time) wait till some missionaries appear and recue them.return to the main (big ) map , the army you just created will show as a soldier next to your flag.click on it and a grey hand appears which let you move the army around.move it using the paths(lets you cover a bigger distance) and into the next county.keep clicking on the shield icon(down right) to change the turns untill yours will come up and move again your army.when you enter the neighbohr county keep moving towards its cross but don't attack it and move to the next.keep doing that untill you find an opponent (computer) you will see it by the coloured flag(different) waving in a county.keep moving towadrs the flag and the opponent will raise an army to defend.engage in a battle with his army (choose either to control it or not- better not which is complicated) and after the outcome, it's getting ready to play an animation showing the crushing of an army.THERE is the problem. It asks you to put the disk ! in a drive (which you already have in from the beggining of the game) and even if you do that again, the game halts leaving you there.That's why I think the problem is in the first disk and in the animation file.
Anyway I hope I had that explained as analytical as I could
Viele danke
Akis
P.S. my machine is an intel celeron at 733

Old 06 November 2001, 02:22   #11
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
How on earth did you checked that the disks are from different sites? any utility that helps you look into that, that I don't know of?
WinZIP does it all for me
Check the 'CRC' box in the 'Settings' menu.
You can, however, identify disks by date and time, too.
If I see timestamps from 1995, 1996 or 1997, it's pretty obvious that the game was taken from either of these sites:

o Lazarus (former Amiga games site with a HUGE range of stuff, R.I.P. now)
o Amiga Harkonnen Planet (RIP)
o Capricorn (RIP)
o Trantor's Ami Crypt (RIP)
o Classics for UAE
or
o Dream Zone. (Side-note: DZ also has "adopted" a LOT of
games from the Lazarus collection because Lazarus is no more...)

OK thanks for your *very* detailed descriptions - I'm gonna look into that as soon as I get to it.
See ya...