English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 May 2018, 01:08   #1
Schlachtwerk
68k RULEZ

SidBooster problem

I thin i have found a bug in WinUAE, when i start SidBooster all SID Files works but one will not work OK, the Screen will fill blue from bottom to top, my miggy is not here at this time to check it on real Hardware the bug is the same sorry.
I have make a video and in the rar file is SidBooster with 2 Sid Files and the Video.

Video and SID Booster and 2 Sid Files one with this Bug and the other works Ok
https://mega.nz/#!FQcgEDpa!WQ8_kdoL2...kAKrHtAWts9oMM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sid.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	58289  
Old 19 May 2018, 07:55   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlachtwerk View Post
I thin i have found a bug in WinUAE, when i start SidBooster all SID Files works but one will not work OK, the Screen will fill blue from bottom to top, my miggy is not here at this time to check it on real Hardware the bug is the same sorry.
I have make a video and in the rar file is SidBooster with 2 Sid Files and the Video.

Video and SID Booster and 2 Sid Files one with this Bug and the other works Ok
https://mega.nz/#!FQcgEDpa!WQ8_kdoL2...kAKrHtAWts9oMM
Wrong thread because apparently this has nothing to do with 4.0 betas? (see first post)

Most likely it is also nothing to do with emulation, broken/unsupported SID files can easily crash SID emulators unless they do lots of extra checks which would slow down the emulation.

EDIT: Test also without JIT. (I'll move these to separate thread later)

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 19 May 2018 at 19:52.
Old 21 May 2018, 16:08   #3
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlachtwerk View Post

If it can help you, with a screen RTG the blue screen problem does not happen, I believe, however, that the problem was proven by the corrupt SID file or incompatibility with SIDBooster.
The program SIDBooster requires an updated and complete MUI system of Libraries, it is not easy to start it if you are not a bit Amiga OS experts

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 17 August 2018 at 07:52.
Old 23 May 2018, 00:13   #4
Schlachtwerk
68k RULEZ

I dont test it with RTG, i have build the same system as my A1200, Blizzard 1230IV with FPU and 32mb ram, while i make a SD Card for the Original Hardware, but my A1200 is not here at the moment and i cant test it on real hardware if the blue Problem there too.