English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 May 2018, 19:27   #1
user

Winuae doesn't recognize Doubleclick with Win7

Hello,

Winuae dont recognize Doubleclick with Win7.

Acer Aspire E5-571 Notebook with a Touchpad.
Doubleclick under Windows inself works under Winuae dont.
You have to wait some time between the 2 clicks or do 3 clicks.
With this Winuae is of course unuseable on Win7.
WinUAE Versions tested: 2.0.1, 2.8.1, 3.0.0, 3.6.1

Is there a hidden setting to work around that Bug?
WinUAE has different Bugs in different Versions i use right now 2.0.1 means a solution for that one would be nice.

Last edited by lilalurl; 21 May 2018 at 00:15.

Old 20 May 2018, 19:48   #2
DamienD
Banned

More information needed as it's not clear what / when the problem is...

I mean, I use Win7 and have at some stage, virtually all previous versions of WinUAE without issue.

Are you saying double-clicking in the GUI doesn't work or inside emulation?
Old 20 May 2018, 19:54   #3
AMIGASYSTEM

In the meantime, I recommend always using the most up-to-date version of WinUAE. If I understand correctly and it does not work executable WinUAE,the problem could be in your system. I would recommend doing first a Scan with MalwareBytes and ADWCleaner, and if it does not resolve to do a scandisk with option to repair filesyem.
Old 20 May 2018, 20:00   #4
user

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
More information needed as it's not clear what / when the problem is...

I mean, I use Win7 and have at some stage, virtually all previous versions of WinUAE without issue.

Are you saying double-clicking in the GUI doesn't work or inside emulation?
Double click inside the emulation(Workbenchh) dont work.

Old 20 May 2018, 20:06   #5
user

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
In the meantime, I recommend always using the most up-to-date version of WinUAE. If I understand correctly and it does not work executable WinUAE,the problem could be in your system. I would recommend doing first a Scan with MalwareBytes and ADWCleaner, and if it does not resolve to do a scandisk with option to repair filesyem.
I tested the most up-to-date stable version for this bug. And it has it too. I dont want to use a new Version cause different Versions has different Bugs. Some can only use 2GB Files, some can use 4GB but then files get corrupted from BD-Drive(have right CRC under Windows but wrong under UAE). I prefer use something where i know any bugs. The System is a fresh installed Win7/32Bit without any Maleware(AV is installed) and without Filesystem Problems. WinUAE Hardfiles are CRC checked against WinXP Version and they are identical.

Old 20 May 2018, 20:08   #6
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user View Post
Double click inside the emulation(Workbenchh) dont work.
Then your problem could be the Workbench or the configuration created on WinUAE

- What Workbench are you using (2.1, 3.0, 3.1 etc ..?)
- Which WinUAE configuration you have set up?

I recommend starting a standard configuration from the QuickStart
Old 20 May 2018, 20:19   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I don't support old versions. Only correct way is to actually describe the bug properly (but it more like sounds AmigaOS side issue)

Does double click work if you use usual Amiga keyboard left button shortcut? (left amiga/winkey + alt)

EDIT: Does "Windows mouse" vs raw mouse (any listed mouse device that has different name) make any difference? If it does, you may have some windows "helper" utility that does something stupid.
Old 20 May 2018, 20:27   #8
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user View Post
I tested the most up-to-date stable version for this bug. And it has it too. I dont want to use a new Version cause different Versions has different Bugs. Some can only use 2GB Files, some can use 4GB but then files get corrupted from BD-Drive(have right CRC under Windows but wrong under UAE)..
The size of the Disk or Partition is not managed by WinUAE but from the Operating System and Filesystem installed on AMiGA OS.
Old 20 May 2018, 22:21   #9
user

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Then your problem could be the Workbench or the configuration created on WinUAE

- What Workbench are you using (2.1, 3.0, 3.1 etc ..?)
- Which WinUAE configuration you have set up?

I recommend starting a standard configuration from the QuickStart
3.9, same Config like on XP

Old 20 May 2018, 22:32   #10
user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I don't support old versions. Only correct way is to actually describe the bug properly (but it more like sounds AmigaOS side issue)

Does double click work if you use usual Amiga keyboard left button shortcut? (left amiga/winkey + alt)

EDIT: Does "Windows mouse" vs raw mouse (any listed mouse device that has different name) make any difference? If it does, you may have some windows "helper" utility that does something stupid.
If i get away all Windows7 issues and have to use it instead of XP i can annoy you with all other bugs until all are away. Its clearly not on AOS side cause the same HD Images(CRC32 checked) run fine on XP. But this one is another Notebook. I think LAmiga&Alt work but im not sure that i can double click equal fast like on touchpad. There is Windows Mouse&ELAN Input Device i already tryed both, it makes no difference. I too played with CPU Idle and Priority, nothing help. If i connect an external Mouse Doubleclick works(only with Mouse).

Old 20 May 2018, 22:40   #11
user

Found it. If you disable "Drag&Drop" in ELAN Options doubleclick works in Winuae.
Maybe it should be in some Documentation, cause this Option was enabled by default and many Notebooks comes with ELAN Touchpad.
Thanks.