English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 02 June 2001, 16:51   #1
Bloodwych

Most played Amiga game fellow brothers...

Bloodwych and its extended levels, without doubt. Out on Amiga, ST, Speccy, C64, PC, Amstrad around 1989.

Game choice is so down to personal taste, but a few gems appear that everyone agrees are awesome titles. Bloodwych is one of those games, and the fact that I've finished the thing with several friends and my brother multiple times over the past 12 years is testimony to that, talk about long lasting appeal! I LOVE THIS GAME, and every friend I bump into from years ago always mention this title.

For those of you deprived of playing the best 2-player game of all time check out the following sight:

Bloodwych Shrine

It may not look up to much, but believe me it's one of the greatest and most addictive games around. If only they would make an up-to-date version with fantastic 3D graphics.....................

Lines like: "thou art an utter toad" or "thou seems strangely awesome"
,"Utter bumblefoot", "thou slug"; I know too much about this game. NOSTALGER OVERLOAD!!!!!!!

Characters such as: Bloodwyn, Asteroth, Sir Edward, Ulrick, Zothern, Megrim, Zaspath, Mr Flay.............Anyone remember the character pictured left?

Old 02 June 2001, 18:03   #2
MadMunky

I would have to agree

I would have to agree with everythink posted above, considering its my website!

Thanks

Chris

//[edit by Akira] oi mate, your site is linked below, don't use signatures

Last edited by Amiga1992; 04 June 2001 at 18:02.

Old 02 June 2001, 18:45   #3
Bloodwych

Great to see ya madmunky, glad you could make it......

Ulrick, good choice! :thumbs_up

Come and join my merry band....................

and then I can nick all your coins, commen keys and dismiss you!
Old 02 June 2001, 18:54   #4
ilm
Zone Friend

Send a message via AIM to ilm Send a message via Yahoo to ilm
Smile

SWOOOOOOOOOOS
oh man I love that game
played it soooooooooooo long and I still love it
Old 03 June 2001, 16:05   #5
Bloodwych

How about F1GP - I spent days of my life setting up that damn car and completed a whole season at full race distance. If I get my Amiga out, i'll have to post the times and see if anyone could beat me - I doubt it though

My eyes were never the same again after that season................
Old 04 June 2001, 09:51   #6
ilm
Zone Friend

Send a message via AIM to ilm Send a message via Yahoo to ilm
mmm, I'm not a fan of racegames but my friend is really a freak
if you want i will ask his times but i don't know if he still knows them
Old 23 June 2001, 08:53   #7
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

shatterhand

I already did that with GP2 on PC.. :-)

I have to say the games I most played on Amiga was SWOS , Elite (I had to start all over again, I was playing in the MSX for ages, then I got the amiga, and I just had to re-learn how to dock )... on the MSX I was already Elite class, on the amiga, I only got to Above Average.... shame I could never be that good on Frontier

and about SWOS.. Before it, I played Sensi a LOT..but when SWOS was released, I played EVERY SINGLE DAY until my Amiga broke...I played custom leagues, played it as a manager (although I found this option rather boring) , I played leagues with my friends (although it was just a competition for the 2nd place.. the 1st place was ALWAYS mine , I played crazy cups with a crap team from El Salvador against the top teams from Europe (this was a real challenge)... I guess SWOS was the game I most played in my life, and it's still my favourite soccer game ever (Maybe there's not the graphics or realism of Winning Eleven in the PSX, but boy, it's DAMN FUN to play! playable, good, and manic (yes, MANIC) as a soccer game can get!
Old 23 June 2001, 11:06   #8
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Civ

I've spent far too much time on Civilization. I moved to Civ 2 on the PC and every while I play it for hours. I think I sat there for 7 hours playing it once.

Ultima 6 on the Amiga was another game that I spent months playing, discovering the game and exploring the world.
Old 27 June 2001, 18:42   #9
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Wink

This answer is clear: DEFINITELY Lotus 1

After 11 (read: ELEVEN) years *after* I first got the game (i. e. in 1999), I was finally able to complete that nasty hard level.
Sounds *very* long ... but I could always get to the one *before* the last level, never the last level myself. Even though 'RUSSIA' wasn't the last stage yet, it was nevertheless tough as hell as well with all it's traffic signs -- if you crashed into them one or two times, you could safely say: 'Forget it, you can't even _touch_ the Top Ten to get on with the game'.
And one of the "CD" musix tracks was so great (Track #04) that I began to work on a remix (which never came out, due to lack of both good equipment & time, but maybe this year - stay tuned )

RPGs: For Cody, it's Ultima 6 - for me it was Ultima 4 in 1990. About 9 weeks I was playing on this one. GREAT times back then anyhow, you were permanently forced to figure things out yourself because there was nothing like a search engine where you could do a simple search '+"ultima 4" +walkthrough and walla, there was the solution. Looking back I think it did contribute more to gaming fun than nowadays because if you've got the *possibility* to look it up somewhere, you *will* look it up sooner or later. We're humans.

Last edited by andreas; 27 June 2001 at 18:47.
Old 29 June 2001, 14:46   #10
Burge
Get ready, Agent

Gee, that's a very, very difficult one. Hmm, I couldn't really tell you, to be true. Would be one of those few games that didn't get corrupted. Maybe, Midnight Resistance? No wait, Wizball! Yeah that's probably it. What an addictive game.
Old 03 July 2001, 04:29   #11
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

SWOS or Graham Gooches Cricket

Although I played games like Hunter, Rainbow Islands, Stunt Car Racer, F1GP, Speedball 2 a lot, I had a group of friends who were all into cricket, rugby and soccer. Hence we organised championships (8 player knockout tournaments etc) on ET's rugby league, Graham Gooches and of course SWOS - probably SWOS had the most total gametime. A decent sports game in multiplayer mode is pure bliss. We even organised a world cup on Graham Gooches with home/away matches (2 people's houses with Amiga's) and played every round of the 1992 cricket World Cup, found out the semi finalists etc, we even had a winners cup and prizes! But SWOS, I must have played several hundred games of AC Milan vs Barcelona so that's probably the most played game on my system...

(Dynablaster is another top notch game when you have some human opponents - brilliant!)
Old 03 July 2001, 12:42   #12
LaundroMat

F1GP and SWOS. It's as simple as that.

F1GP is in my eyes still the reference in F1 racing sims, with Brazil being my favorite track. After all those years, I can still play that track with my eyes closed in Formula One 2001 on my PS2. Btw, Bloodwych, didn't you ever try the Amiga F1GP Hall Of Fame? That was a great contest! Here's a link.. That, by the way, is Oliver Robert's site, the created of the ex-cel-lent F1GP Ed, the first (and only) piece of shareware I ever bought.

And SWOS. Aaah. The rage, the anger, the frustration, the fun! Indeed, the greatest arcade soccer game ever. I found it ion a bargain bin for PC not so long ago. It sucked. Boo PC's. Is it the machine's architecture that prevents it from running game that have actual gameplay in it?
Old 03 July 2001, 13:49   #13
Drake1009

One game I kept playing though not always for as long sittings but still kept returning to was IK+. Still play it now and the, (About every time I turn on the Amiga). Another one would be Rick dangerous 1, still haven't completed level 2 either.
Old 03 July 2001, 18:57   #14
Amiga1992

The game we played the most with my chums, has to be Micro Machines. We had great, great tournaments. Second spot should be a tie between Sensible Soccer (1.1 and SWOS), and Arcade Pool.
Old 04 July 2001, 09:26   #15
Tim Janssen

Cool Many games..

After my Amiga has gathered dust for 5 years on the attic I have installed the machine again a few months ago. The first game I booted up was Loriciel's Jim Power. The game is nothing out of the ordinary gameplay-wise, but I just had to hear the ingame-sounds again after all these years. I have a soft spot for games which sound aurally great -even if they are crap at play.

One-player games I have wasted most hours on are the Turrican trilogy of games, Apidya, Lemmings 2 and of course Wizkid which I still haven't managed to complete.
There are also many two-player games I always played with my little brother. Like in Akira's list, Micro Machines comes at number 1. I especially like the Pool-table in this game. With 90 degrees corners it is great to knock your opponent off the table.
Dynablaster is a very close contender. -Blowing up friends has never been so much fun. Hmm, it seems I love sadistic 2-player games.
Old 04 July 2001, 15:30   #16
MrDig

KICKOFF 2 BY FAR!!!

Oke no need to shout of course , but Kick Off 2 is my all time favourite game and most played game (I actually just played it again for more than 30 minutes )... The speed, the fabulous ball control (ball not glued to your feet), the excitement... Yes it's all in Kick Off!!

And before we get the old discussion about which game is better SWOS or Kick Off, Well, there has already been said enough about that topic... Anyway, I also like SWOS a lot...

Old 04 July 2001, 16:02   #17
Walker

I totally agree. Being a football (soccer for the yanks here....) player myself, I think Kick Off 2 is the only game that has the right feeling. SWOS is a great game, but it's not a great football game!
Old 05 July 2001, 07:04   #18
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I think Goal! is a much better game than Kick Off 2
I still think the ball is hard to control in KO2, and the players are too big, making hard to make good passes, the keepers are too dumb.....

in Goal! the keepers are better, there's the zoom out option (I always play with this option turned ON all the time), you can slowdown the game to get the gripes with it when you're still a novice, pass works better....

But I still think SWOS is better...
Old 05 July 2001, 09:16   #19
Walker

Well, that´s exactly my point!

I have never had the ball glued to my feet when playing. My passes don´t always find a team mate. It doesn´t help screaming "Slower!" when an opponent outruns you. If it was like this, football would be utterly boring.

SWOS may be a good game, but it has very little to do with the real thing.
Old 05 July 2001, 22:16   #20
Amiga1992

I preffer SWOS because it's more arcadey... if I want the real thing (hell no, I hate real footy I go out with mates and play it.

This is what is kind of missing from today games, trying to make them more 'real' (if being a gun-toting bastard and kill everyone at sight is real). They should emphasize in teh fantasy side of it all, to provide something you just cant have in real life.