English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 15 November 2023, 23:01   #101
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by derSammler View Post
That's odd, music does not even use AHI or something, so that should just work.

You have all four mod files in the data folder and with the correct file names? (they changed in 1.4)

I can't work out what's going on. :-/

I even tried including the older .mods in the data drawer with the new ones.

I fiddled around with the config file and at one point, when starting the game it was asking for the opr-10188.71f rom, which is mentioned in the docs as being an optional rom for fixed audio. :-/

Another thing, when I try and select a .mod ingame although I can move to other ones, it immediately toggled back to Passing Breeze - might be my config file fiddling.

I found 2 or maybe 3 different "roms" for the game. One of them worked and doesn't cause any warnings during the startup, so I assume the sound problem I have isn't related to which roms I'm using?
Old 16 November 2023, 01:11   #102
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
Another thing, when I try and select a .mod ingame although I can move to other ones, it immediately toggled back to Passing Breeze - might be my config file fiddling.
Nope, that's 100% authentic. In the arcade, you steered left to right to choose the track and then hit start. So holding left gives you Magical Sound Shower, Middle (no keys held) gives you Passing Breeze and right gives you Splash Wave.

You have to hold the direction for the track you want.
Old 16 November 2023, 08:18   #103
derSammler

@Angus:

Press F5 and see if the music test there is working.

You don't need the fixed "opr-10188.71f" rom. It fixes something not even used in the game. It's also not original but an after-market patch to fix a small sound glitch present in both rev. a and b.
Old 16 November 2023, 11:28   #104
Angus
Amiga Games Database

@Dunny - ah, okay understood.

@derSammler - Yes I tried it but nothing. I also copied the .mods into ram: renamed them 1-4 (for easy access) and checked they played in Protracker, which they did.
Old 16 November 2023, 14:29   #105
Don_Adan

About SFX for Outrun Amiga port. If for playing MOD files Light Speed Player by Leonard will be used:

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=106186

Then 2 channels will be available for playing SFX. So 2 SFX can be played or up to 8 SFX, if Roondar's mixing routine will be used.
For me this is the best option for playing music and SFX on classic Amiga without wasting CPU power, especially for game ports. Of course good musician must convert first original game music (mostly MIDI) to 4 channels Protacker MOD. Rest is easy enough, I think.