English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 04 March 2012, 18:22   #1
laffer
Zone Friend

Trying to stream some Amiga gaming, could use a little help testing

EDIT - done streaming for now.

I've been watching some live streams of retro gaming and such lately, and I figured I'd give it a go myself, but I suspect my line isn't up to it... I tried a bunch of different sites and streaming programs but the framerate was always really bad.
However, it seems it runs a bit smoother on Ustream for whatever reason, but I can't be sure how well it will work for people watching elsewhere... would be really cool to know, so if any of you could pop in and have a little look, that would be awesome!
I'll be playing Shadow of the Beast 2 for a little while (with a very old and loose joystick, it's pretty hard this way!), and maybe some other stuff too... I guess I'll play for an hour or so, getting a bit tired of messing with this stuff.
I'll play more later though, maybe I'll post here again then in case someone wants to help me test it then.

I don't talk or anything though, don't have a mic... I wish I did, going to get one tomorrow and see if I can get that to work as well.
If any of you have a look, it would be helpful if you posted here when you enter the room as I think you need to register there to have a username or anything, so it's a bit hard to know otherwise... this way I just have to reload this thread and check.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sotb2

Thanks!

Last edited by laffer; 04 March 2012 at 20:42.
Old 04 March 2012, 19:28   #2
Washac

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffer View Post
EDIT - I'll be out for 15-20 minutes, I'll edit this out when I'm back and resume playing... such great timing :doh:

I've been watching some live streams of retro gaming and such lately, and I figured I'd give it a go myself, but I suspect my line isn't up to it... I tried a bunch of different sites and streaming programs but the framerate was always really bad.
However, it seems it runs a bit smoother on Ustream for whatever reason, but I can't be sure how well it will work for people watching elsewhere... would be really cool to know, so if any of you could pop in and have a little look, that would be awesome!
I'll be playing Shadow of the Beast 2 for a little while (with a very old and loose joystick, it's pretty hard this way!), and maybe some other stuff too... I guess I'll play for an hour or so, getting a bit tired of messing with this stuff.
I'll play more later though, maybe I'll post here again then in case someone wants to help me test it then.

I don't talk or anything though, don't have a mic... I wish I did, going to get one tomorrow and see if I can get that to work as well.
If any of you have a look, it would be helpful if you posted here when you enter the room as I think you need to register there to have a username or anything, so it's a bit hard to know otherwise... this way I just have to reload this thread and check.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sotb2

Thanks!
Sorry but everytime I follow your link I get bombarded with advertising, and I really cannot sit through adverts if anything follows them. I did a couple of times just get a still shot of the game.
Old 04 March 2012, 19:39   #3
laffer
Zone Friend

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that, the site has some very annoying 30 second ads quite often... though as soon as the stream starts, it takes a good while for them to reappear.

EDIT - I saw two people join for a little while, one left immediately after I managed to forget whether I should throw the upper or lower switch
I often have trouble remembering that for whatever reason, I let my thoughts wander too much while playing as I've played that opening section so many times, I guess.

Anyway, if those people were anyone from here, I would appreciate hearing what the stream was like!

Last edited by laffer; 04 March 2012 at 19:51.
Old 07 March 2012, 01:25   #4
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

I took a look earlier......didnt really get any pop ups to speak about...Well i won an Iphone....Wheres my iphone then Laffer

Just kidding...What i saw looked great !! The ad is a slight pain but once your past that it looked great fun