English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04 May 2021, 17:25   #4561
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
I should probably add a "Cheats" .txt file for "Shadow Warrior" containing these
DamienD is offline  
Old 04 May 2021, 17:52   #4562
superduckuk
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Derby
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
Always preferred Shadow Warrior, both are great, but i used to go round a guys house every Friday night with my PC and chunky CRT, mouse and keyboard loaded up, we'd hook up 4 of us on a BNC network cable with terminators on the ends, one would host and we'd play lan games together. Over the couple years or so of doing this, Shadow Warrior was by far the longest standing game we all played. We also played Quake 1 and 2, Unreal Tournament 1 and 2, Duke, Blood, Blood II, Klingon Honor Guard, a Star Trek game (only the host liked this though), C+C Red Alert, Z, Warcraft 1 and 2 and probably loads i forgot. Good times.
My god man, that is a superb line-up of games listed there! and a little later down the line we got the absolutely brilliant Thief games (well 1 & 2, things slowly went downhill after that)
superduckuk is offline  
Old 04 May 2021, 18:19   #4563
twiggy
\m/

twiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Devon, U.K.
Age: 32
Posts: 477
Downloaded.

Thanks!
twiggy is offline  
Old 04 May 2021, 18:20   #4564
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Downloaded.

Thanks!
Great, now removed
DamienD is offline  
Old 05 May 2021, 17:49   #4565
d8thstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fremont / United States
Posts: 20
hey damien,

i didn’t go thru all 200+ pages of this post but it sounds like to ask you to share? would you mind sharing with me? i’m adding amiga to my arcade cab and would love a curated set.

thank you!
d8thstar is offline  
Old 05 May 2021, 17:55   #4566
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by d8thstar View Post
hey damien,

i didn’t go thru all 200+ pages of this post but it sounds like to ask you to share? would you mind sharing with me? i’m adding amiga to my arcade cab and would love a curated set.

thank you!
PM sent
DamienD is offline  
Old 05 May 2021, 18:55   #4567
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Decided that "Shadow Warrior & Twin Dragon & Wanton Destruction Expansion Packs [RTG] [JFSW].uae" is a silly name and way too long...

Now renamed to "Shadow Warrior & Expansion Packs [RTG] [JFSW].uae" so archive updated
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I should probably add a "Cheats" .txt file for "Shadow Warrior" containing these
I've updated this archive again for the final time...

Only a small change i.e. the inclusion of the "ShadowWarrior_Cheats.txt" file
DamienD is offline  
Old 05 May 2021, 19:06   #4568
speshady
Registered User

speshady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: currently in Glasgow, from Derbyshire/England
Age: 48
Posts: 159
maybe easier for you to just upload/share the txt file?
really small file to upload/download would be much better, just a thought.

Last edited by speshady; 05 May 2021 at 19:17.
speshady is offline  
Old 06 May 2021, 13:20   #4569
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
Guys, here is an interim .HDF for BSzili's Exhumed / Powerslave Amiga port:
I had to play around with "uae-configuration" to adjust settings with each game in order to get "Exhumed" & "Return to Ruins" running at what I believe to be the correct speed.

Please test and provide feedback.

Edit: added crosshairs to both games... if you don't like and want to remove then press <I>.

Last edited by DamienD; 06 May 2021 at 15:45. Reason: Fixed spelling mistakes...
DamienD is offline  
Old 08 May 2021, 06:07   #4570
BSzili
Registered User

BSzili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 504
The crosshair was my addition to PCExhumed, I'm glad someone liked it The sprite was among the game's tiles, but the original version didn't use it. You could say that I... I exhumed it
BSzili is offline  
Old 08 May 2021, 15:35   #4571
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSzili View Post
The crosshair was my addition to PCExhumed, I'm glad someone liked it The sprite was among the game's tiles, but the original version didn't use it. You could say that I... I exhumed it
Nice work

Yeah, I've turned crosshairs on for both games in my set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Please test and provide feedback.
Nobody who has my collection has tested the .HDF I've set up for "Exhumed" as yet?
DamienD is offline  
Old 08 May 2021, 15:47   #4572
Rod_cl
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Santiago/Chile
Age: 47
Posts: 117
Send a message via MSN to Rod_cl
Hi DamienD,
how could i get access to the collection? I would really like to try it.. Sorry i havent seen the thread before.
Best regards from Chile

Rodrigo
Rod_cl is offline  
Old 08 May 2021, 16:30   #4573
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Guys, here is an interim .HDF for BSzili's Exhumed / Powerslave Amiga port:

<snip>

I had to play around with "uae-configuration" to adjust settings with each game in order to get "Exhumed" & "Return to Ruins" running at what I believe to be the correct speed.

Please test and provide feedback.

Edit: added crosshairs to both games... if you don't like and want to remove then press <I>.
I've updated the .HDF with a new 060 executable that BSzili gave me, this fixes the issue I was experiencing here.

Also added "Exhumed_Cheats.txt"

So please just download / extract this archive into "C:\WinUAE".
DamienD is offline  
Old 08 May 2021, 16:35   #4574
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_cl View Post
Hi DamienD,
how could i get access to the collection? I would really like to try it.. Sorry i havent seen the thread before.
Best regards from Chile

Rodrigo
Heya Rodrigo,

People usually have to send me a PM, but no need now as I've read your post

PM sent...
DamienD is offline  
Old 09 May 2021, 03:49   #4575
Qun Mang
Klingon for Christ
Qun Mang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Nice work

Yeah, I've turned crosshairs on for both games in my set up


Nobody who has my collection has tested the .HDF I've set up for "Exhumed" as yet?
I installed it and the game runs fine for me, but that's all I can say right now as I haven't figured out yet how to proceed from the starting area. On training, I fall through the hole, get the gun, shoot the guard who appears, then that's it- I cannot find a way to proceed. On regular game start I go down the stairs, grab the gun, shoot the scorpion or whatever it is, crouch to go through the opening, collect the goodies, and again can't find out how to proceed.

Looks like I need to RTFM.

EDIT: I also ran Powerslave on eXoDOS and it doesn't seem any different except for the keys and that version doesn't appear to be set to use the mouse. I appreciate the controls on this being normalized to standard FPS- I don't know if they were intentionally set that way or if mouse control changes the keys used. I am guessing I need to try to activate things as I did see in the manual a key for that and found I could open something up in the training area, but still not enough to proceed.

Last edited by Qun Mang; 09 May 2021 at 04:18.
Qun Mang is offline  
Old 09 May 2021, 16:30   #4576
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
Here is the second part of "Update Pack #52"

Details are as follows:

1 game update:
... Shadow Warrior & Expansion Packs [RTG] [JFSW]

1 game replaced:
... Super Sprint [AGA] [Arcade conversion] [demo] -->
Turbo Sprint [AGA] [Arcade conversion]

2 configuration updates:
... Gravity-Force.uae
... Putty Squad [AGA] [unreleased] [full game].uae

3 boxart updates:
... Blood Money
... Chase H.Q. II - Special Criminal Investigation
... Rygar - Legendary Warrior [AGA] [Arcade conversion]

2 new "cheats / hints / level codes / manuals / maps / walkthroughs" additions:
... Exhumed & Expansion Pack [RTG] [MS-DOS conversion]
... Shadow Warrior & Expansion Packs [RTG] [JFSW]

10 new game additions:


Code:
BattleDuel [AGA]
BattleTech - The Crescent Hawk's Inception
Exhumed & Expansion Pack [RTG]   [MS-DOS conversion]
Formula 1 Grand Prix
Heavy Metal
Legend of Djel
Leisure Suit Larry - Love for Sail! [RTG]   [ShapeShifter]
Leisure Suit Larry 6 - Shape Up or Slip Out! [RTG]   [ShapeShifter]
The Hound of Shadow
Turrican II - The Final Fight [AGA]   [MS-DOS conversion]  [demo]
This now brings the total number of games in my collection to 3340

Turbo Sprint [AGA] [Arcade conversion] is obviously not included in this update pack...

It's currently uploading and PMs will be sent shortly
DamienD is offline  
Old 09 May 2021, 17:45   #4577
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qun Mang View Post
I installed it and the game runs fine for me, but that's all I can say right now as I haven't figured out yet how to proceed from the starting area. On training, I fall through the hole, get the gun, shoot the guard who appears, then that's it- I cannot find a way to proceed. On regular game start I go down the stairs, grab the gun, shoot the scorpion or whatever it is, crouch to go through the opening, collect the goodies, and again can't find out how to proceed.

Looks like I need to RTFM.

EDIT: I also ran Powerslave on eXoDOS and it doesn't seem any different except for the keys and that version doesn't appear to be set to use the mouse. I appreciate the controls on this being normalized to standard FPS- I don't know if they were intentionally set that way or if mouse control changes the keys used. I am guessing I need to try to activate things as I did see in the manual a key for that and found I could open something up in the training area, but still not enough to proceed.
Thanks for testing Qun Mang

I haven't tried the "Training" but here's a hint for the normal game. Try shooting the flaming skull barrels
DamienD is offline  
Old 09 May 2021, 22:45   #4578
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Here is the second part of "Update Pack #52"

Details are as follows:

1 game update:
... Shadow Warrior & Expansion Packs [RTG] [JFSW]

1 game replaced:
... Super Sprint [AGA] [Arcade conversion] [demo] -->
Turbo Sprint [AGA] [Arcade conversion]

2 configuration updates:
... Gravity-Force.uae
... Putty Squad [AGA] [unreleased] [full game].uae

3 boxart updates:
... Blood Money
... Chase H.Q. II - Special Criminal Investigation
... Rygar - Legendary Warrior [AGA] [Arcade conversion]

2 new "cheats / hints / level codes / manuals / maps / walkthroughs" additions:
... Exhumed & Expansion Pack [RTG] [MS-DOS conversion]
... Shadow Warrior & Expansion Packs [RTG] [JFSW]

10 new game additions:


Code:
BattleDuel [AGA]
BattleTech - The Crescent Hawk's Inception
Exhumed & Expansion Pack [RTG]   [MS-DOS conversion]
Formula 1 Grand Prix
Heavy Metal
Legend of Djel
Leisure Suit Larry - Love for Sail! [RTG]   [ShapeShifter]
Leisure Suit Larry 6 - Shape Up or Slip Out! [RTG]   [ShapeShifter]
The Hound of Shadow
Turrican II - The Final Fight [AGA]   [MS-DOS conversion]  [demo]
This now brings the total number of games in my collection to 3340

Turbo Sprint [AGA] [Arcade conversion] is obviously not included in this update pack...

It's currently uploading and PMs will be sent shortly
So just finished re-testing as I usually do...

Formula 1 Grand Prix is flaky as hell

I mean, when I set this up / tested / took screenshots it obviously worked fine.

Re-tested and maybe one time out of five the game doesn't get stuck here and gets to the menu screen:
Tried all available .ADFs / IPFs and numerous OCS / ECS Agnus configurations but continues to occur.

So, for this reason I've now swapped over to the WHDload version.

Finally, with The Hound of Shadow, I forgot to enable two disk drives so this has now been corrected.

Please just do the following:
  • Delete the <gamedir> "C:\WinUAE\Games\Formula 1 Grand Prix".
  • Download / extract this archive into "C:\WinUAE".
DamienD is offline  
Old 09 May 2021, 22:57   #4579
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop
Methanoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Roman Verulamium
Age: 55
Posts: 1,855
Oh the days when Williams made the best F1 cars
Methanoid is offline  
Old 09 May 2021, 23:05   #4580
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,378
Oh no... just fully tested the WHDLoad version and it runs way too fast, and therefore unplayable

Looks like I've have to swap back to the disk version, but firstly need to get it to load reliably. Not sure how though as I've tried all options I can think of... also created a thread here: Formula 1 Grand Prix - Working Reliably

Anyway, that's now a job for tomorrow.

Last edited by DamienD; 10 May 2021 at 00:20. Reason: Added extra information...
DamienD is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Unofficial" Update Packs - DamienD's WinUAE Collection DamienD project.MAGE 67 18 May 2021 14:03
"reInstallDDWC.cmd" for DamienD's WinUAE Collection malko project.MAGE 49 09 April 2021 23:34
DamienD's WinUAE Collection - [720x576] Old vs New Scanlines DamienD support.Other 50 21 October 2018 00:52
[DamienD] WinUAE v3.2.2 - Games "DAT File" DamienD request.Old Rare Games 29 10 February 2016 00:02

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.21463 seconds with 14 queries