English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 May 2012, 15:19   #741
kipper2k

Due to the fact that the 20 pin connector coming off the MKII is an edge type connector they are fatter than a regular floppy/HDD cable due to the friction springs that have to bite both top and bottom of the board so i am not sure what options are available yet
Old 03 May 2012, 15:20   #742
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
@fitzsteve you got a manual??? i didn't

also, and i'm trying not to sound like an idiot here LOL... did you try the screenmode settings thing that allows you to move/stretch your desktop?
Yeah you're thinking of the Overscan settings, that's not going to help since the whole display area is off the screen.

I might try another Monitor later, but ideally I wanted to use that once since it lives on the same desk as my A1200

Works perfect in 1024x768 HighGFX though

(these are 16 col backdrops in 16col mode)
Old 03 May 2012, 15:23   #743
diablothe2nd

gah i'm itching to see if mine works

i'm gunna shut off my pc that i'm typing on and swipe the DVI-hdmi lead i have one this to try it out. without the fastata though for the time being.
Old 03 May 2012, 15:53   #744
fishyfish
Banned

Congrats to everyone who's receiving their Indi MK2's. Im pretty envious
I understand that its impossible to predict the future, but does anyone have any idea of how likely it'll be they'll still be available in a month or so? Ive been waiting for over a year, but money happens to be tight to coincide with the actual release. Im going to be devestated if I miss out again.
Old 03 May 2012, 16:00   #745
clebin

Quote:
gah i'm itching to see if mine works

i'm gunna shut off my pc that i'm typing on and swipe the DVI-hdmi lead i have one this to try it out. without the fastata though for the time being.
Are you using it with the upper RF shield? From the manual:

"We recommend to put the upper RF shield back on. This is of course only possible with modifications. Please cut a hole into the RF shield with an appropriate tool, so there will be no shorts with the Indivision AGA MK2. Operating the computer without the upper RF shield is possible, but might result in EM noise and probably even in random computer crashes."

Chris
Old 03 May 2012, 16:33   #746
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by clebin View Post
From the manual....

I didn't get one!

Although Amigakit are on the case and sending me one via email

No i'm running without upper rf shielding... the amount of work i'd need to put in to get ALL my mods to fit would probably have so many holes and gaps that it'd be pointless.

-----------

Now I have a problem, but this maybe answered by the manual i'm waiting to recieve... none of the screenmodes are playing nice with my tv via hdmi... the TV complains "out of range".

I'm guessing i need to set up a new screenmode specifically for all indi resolutions? but what about gaming, where i wont be able to do such a thing when playing from floppies? it's no problem though as i can flick the tv over to the input i have from the RGB-scart lead.
Old 03 May 2012, 16:40   #747
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

I tested on another TV, I still get the black bar in PAL/NTSC modes but HD720 is working great

I'm using DVI-HDMI adapter on this set.

Old 03 May 2012, 17:06   #748
diablothe2nd

Steve, did yours just work out of the box? or did you need to set a screenmode? i'm getting nothing from mine but it could be my cheap and nasty tv.
Old 03 May 2012, 17:09   #749
clebin

@fitzsteve

I don't think the config tool has been released yet. The Picture looks fantastic in HD720 though!

@diablothe2nd

That's what I wanted to hear about the RF shield. There isn't much detail in the manual on your problem, but it looks like you'll have to wait for the config tool as well. Here's some bits from the manual you're missing:

"You do not nee a drier to operate Indivision AGA, therefore we haven't included a disk. For adjustments, general configuration and possible flash-updates, we'll be providing programs and documentation on our website www.icomp.de under "support" starting May/June 2012
There may be monitors - especially DVI monitors - that can't handle these frequencies as they are slightly non-standard. In this case, we're asking you to use a DVI->VGA adapter and use an analogue VGA monitor until we can provide the config-tool that lets you make the required adjustments to generate exact frequencies and screen sizes that your DVI monitor requires.

... Without the config-tool, you may only get a picture on a very good multisync-monitor for all screenmodes."

Hope this helps.

Chris
Old 03 May 2012, 17:11   #750
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I tested on another TV, I still get the black bar in PAL/NTSC modes but HD720 is working great

I'm using DVI-HDMI adapter on this set.
Beeing photos they look pretty clear
Old 03 May 2012, 17:26   #751
diablothe2nd

Thanks chris.

I just tried the DVI-HDMI lead on a Sony LCD tv we have, says the same "out of range" message as the cheapo little one.

not working through DVI-vga connector either!

WTF. I seem to have the most rotten luck!

EDIT:
something must be working though if it says "out of range" through hdmi though, otherwise it'd just say nothing like there's nothing plugged in.

Question: The DVI-HDMI lead i'm using is a really expensive one for DVI-D... it has all pins on the connector (unlike my DVI-VGA cable that has a dozen or so pins) . you don't suppose it's simply a matter of the choice of DVI-hdmi cable do you? do i need a simple passthrough rather than these expensive 30 quid(ish) do-hickeys with all the gold trimmings?

Last edited by diablothe2nd; 03 May 2012 at 17:47.
Old 03 May 2012, 19:28   #752
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

@diablo

Try the high gfx driver and see if you get an output with that, put in devs/monitors and set it as you screen mode but don't save!
Old 03 May 2012, 19:52   #753
Nipedley

Is there any way to tell if it is working? I've just fitted mine but not getting a picture or any messages (out of range etc.) over HDMI->DVI cable or VGA :/

I understand the TV may not support it but I can't actually tell if the indivision is working at all or not.
Old 03 May 2012, 20:05   #754
duga

I think it's a good idea to avoid HDMI input (on your TV) until you've got DVI or VGA working.
Old 03 May 2012, 20:10   #755
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I think it's a good idea to avoid HDMI input (on your TV) until you've got DVI or VGA working.
hmmm.

i could hook it up to a DVI monitor i have... just means relocating it which will be a PITA as it's hardmounted.

but then, as per the manual it's possible even a DVI monitor wont work either! and all three of my DVI monitors are the exact same make and model (triple screen eyefinity setup)
Old 03 May 2012, 20:10   #756
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Nipedley I think the best you can do is to try it with a Pc monitor.

EDIT: It isn't any surprise, is it? We all knew it wasn't going to work with all monitors/Tv's, with all of those that there are. It is just a matter of time.

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 May 2012 at 20:28.
Old 03 May 2012, 20:13   #757
duga

Quote:
hmmm.

i could hook it up to a DVI monitor i have... just means relocating it which will be a PITA as it's hardmounted.

but then, as per the manual it's possible even a DVI monitor wont work either! and all three of my DVI monitors are the exact same make and model (triple screen eyefinity setup)
I'm sure at least one of your monitors supports VGA too? Try connect Indivision MK2 to a VGA cable with the help of a DVI->VGA-adapter.
Old 03 May 2012, 20:16   #758
diablothe2nd

as i said they are all the same exact monitor, so it's either all or nothing :/

yeah they have vga inputs too. *sigh* i'm gunna have to lug all the amiga bits downstairs to test though. i'll do it tomorrow lol
Old 03 May 2012, 20:40   #759
Nipedley

Just saw fitzsteve's suggestion of using HighGFX driver and it's working over VGA (HDMI/DVI still blank)

I can't load any games and the picture is far too big for my screen, but the picture that is there looks great! It works and that's all that matters - I'm quite happy to wait for the config tool.

The picture really is fantastic. Thanks Jens
Old 03 May 2012, 22:40   #760
BarryB
Amigaholic

My order has been dispatched or despatched (take your pick), thanks Amigakit

Will I get tomorrow so I can try it out over the weekend? Probably not as it's 'Royal Fail' who's delivering it