English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 20 July 2021, 19:42   #1
CLXIV

Floppy disk Trade: Amiga A500 for Commodore 64 AND Nintendo 64 (or other things)

Hello!

Does anyone have a working vanilla A500, power supply, Action Replay Mk2 or Mk3 and decent memory expansion (1.5MB+) that they'd swap for both of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255013435...gw21q&LH_BIN=1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174821395...cAAOSw-yJg3IvS

I'd really love to get my hands on this setup (never owned an Amiga but my friend had this setup when I was little) and it would be great if the trade could support charity at the same time (both items are from charity sellers).

Alternatively, have a browse and let me know what you'd like me to order (items totaling up to £250) that I can then send you in exchange for the Amiga stuff:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/britishheartfoundationshop
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/ukcancerresearch
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/thechildrenssocietyshop
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/thelaurac...uthcancertrust
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/theairambulanceservice
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/senseretail

(by the way I don't need a monitor, joystick, mouse, modulator, external floppy drive, original packaging etc... though a SCART cable would be appreciated if you have one and any spare floppies)
Old 20 July 2021, 21:16   #2
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

You probably have a better chance of selling your stuff & then buying your A500.

Not sure someone would swap out. Either they'd be a collector wanting everything including an A500 or they'd be daft selling/swapping an A500 for the stuff you want.

Highly unlikely someone wants to give you a Shopping list for the Heart Foundation however your cause might seem fit & the Mod's on AmiBay would wipe the floor with you in a heart beat.

Deals like this give arise to so many perversions of sane Justice to the point you just might just need a self-Lobotomy to put it right in your own head....

It's called a Sledge Hammer Head on a piece of American Hickory so it doesn't bend.

Meh!

I gave an A500 to Sarek2k (AmiBAy Logo Designer) many years ago for free & I also Donate freely to the British Heart Foundation.
Shame I don't have an A500 kicking around now. You could make a donation to the BHF for half what you're wanting to invest & I'd be more than happy to send you the A500 along with all it's ancillaries.

Last edited by Kin Hell; 20 July 2021 at 21:23.
Old 20 July 2021, 21:53   #3
CLXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
You probably have a better chance of selling your stuff & then buying your A500.

Not sure someone would swap out. Either they'd be a collector wanting everything including an A500 or they'd be daft selling/swapping an A500 for the stuff you want.

Highly unlikely someone wants to give you a Shopping list for the Heart Foundation however your cause might seem fit & the Mod's on AmiBay would wipe the floor with you in a heart beat.

Deals like this give arise to so many perversions of sane Justice to the point you just might just need a self-Lobotomy to put it right in your own head....

It's called a Sledge Hammer Head on a piece of American Hickory so it doesn't bend.

Meh!

I gave an A500 to Sarek2k (AmiBAy Logo Designer) many years ago for free & I also Donate freely to the British Heart Foundation.
Shame I don't have an A500 kicking around now. You could make a donation to the BHF for half what you're wanting to invest & I'd be more than happy to send you the A500 along with all it's ancillaries.
You can't see my face but my look is blank.

Trying to comprehend this post makes me wonder if I already got a lobotomy... the sledgehammer bit I think is my favourite

I understand that last bit though so kudos to you for supporting a good cause!

By the way I messaged those mods directly so we'll see if your (lack of) faith in humanity is misplaced :-) Honestly I expect you're absolutely right but time will tell.
Old 22 July 2021, 11:17   #4
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Hello!

I maybe up for a swap for a refurbished Amiga 500 Plus (the reason adding 2Mb chip ram is easier) by all means PM me :-)

Thanks!

Steve
Old 22 July 2021, 12:02   #5
CLXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaPassion View Post
Hello!

I maybe up for a swap for a refurbished Amiga 500 Plus (the reason adding 2Mb chip ram is easier) by all means PM me :-)

Thanks!

Steve
PM incoming :-)
Old 24 July 2021, 13:34   #6
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLXIV View Post
You can't see my face but my look is blank.

Trying to comprehend this post makes me wonder if I already got a lobotomy... the sledgehammer bit I think is my favourite

I understand that last bit though so kudos to you for supporting a good cause!

By the way I messaged those mods directly so we'll see if your (lack of) faith in humanity is misplaced :-) Honestly I expect you're absolutely right but time will tell.
I should have just come clean & said...

Someone I know recently took his A500 to the Tip....

It's quite embarrassing to think someone I know could do such a thing. I guess my post might make even more sense to you now.

Sorry fella.

PS. I hope you can come to an arrangement with Steve.

Last edited by Kin Hell; 24 July 2021 at 13:43. Reason: P.S
Old 25 July 2021, 13:25   #7
CLXIV

Did you say... tip?! (clutches at chest)

No, I'm not crying. There's just... something in my eye.

Well Steve made a really nice offer but unfortunately he doesn't have what I'm after. So the hunt continues!
Old 25 July 2021, 13:55   #8
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

I am sure some patience with ebay will get you those items. You might need to do multiple auctions though, specifically those action replay carts.
Old 25 July 2021, 21:49   #9
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Pillock on the RMC Discord is selling an A500 for a very reasonable price and might be a good starting point for you.
Old 25 July 2021, 22:06   #10
CLXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
Pillock on the RMC Discord is selling an A500 for a very reasonable price and might be a good starting point for you.
Appreciate the heads up! I feel like a pillock asking but do you have a link? My Googling has failed miserably and the Youtube channel about page has no link.
Old 25 July 2021, 22:09   #11
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Give this a go: https://discord.com/channels/4313486...02265937862706
Old 25 July 2021, 22:19   #12
CLXIV

Quote:
Thanks! Think I need an invite though because that just takes me to an empty channel list, and it doesn't come up in public channel search. Possibly that's why Google wasn't returning anything.
Old 25 July 2021, 22:43   #13
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Yes, try go to RMC Retro on YouTube. He will have links to his Discord channel. Sign up and go from there. Great retro community on the Discord anyway.
Old 25 July 2021, 22:46   #14
CLXIV

Quote:
Yes, try go to RMC Retro on YouTube. He will have links to his Discord channel. Sign up and go from there. Great retro community on the Discord anyway.
Thanks, sounds like fun :-) Maybe I'll see you on there.