English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 23 July 2021, 01:02   #1
SnowGhost

Amiga Los Gatos Office

I went for a walk around Vasona park with a good friend the other day, we talked about Amiga and other fond tech from back in the day. Afterwards I had to drive by the old office and thought some other fans might like to see where the magic happened in the early days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3962.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	386.7 KB
ID:	72618  
Old 23 July 2021, 01:30   #2
finrock
Octamed 3.22

Love that area. My commute takes me past the Amiga offices in Sunnyvale. I've driven by many times, but never took the time to find the actual building.
Old 23 July 2021, 01:56   #3
SnowGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by finrock View Post
Love that area. My commute takes me past the Amiga offices in Sunnyvale. I've driven by many times, but never took the time to find the actual building.
it's funny... (get sat down comfortably for a story that you didn't ask for from an internet rando). I was always an avid Amiga user and fan, but as a kid growing up in the UK I had no idea where these exotic places in 'silicon valley' where that I'd read about.
A few years ago we moved to the SF bay area and the first apartment and office were both in Sunnyvale, we were looking to move from a shared office to a private, and I saw that the little office right across the road from my window had a sign up. So I googled that and found it was originally registered to a company called 'Hi-Torro', unbelievable that I'd end up moving all this way and looking in to the windows of the place Jay and the team set out to change the world without knowing it. A couple of years after that we moved to Los Gatos and when looking for offices here, found that one we were looking at was in the same complex as the Amiga office that they moved to when they got the check from Commodore, right next door to my local park.

Of course there's tons of special 'tech-mecca' places out here in Silicon Valley, but I find these pretty special to be around, there's a memory haunting these places.
Old 23 July 2021, 02:38   #4
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

very cool- yes I am reading of these places in comoddore the amiga years- great book.