English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 19 February 2022, 06:01   #341
walterg74

Hi folks, I found this thread and was able to solve the issue of the columns changing size due to guigfx.

I do have one more "annoyance". When I click on a game, if I then click on another, as I click games to view the screenshots etc., it seems they all get "Selected"? Is that the behavior and can I change it?
Old 19 February 2022, 15:22   #342
walkero

@walterg74
It seems you are not using the latest version that is available at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/releases/tag/v2.1b3

In this version we disabled the list to be a multi-select one
Old 19 February 2022, 18:46   #343
walterg74

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
@walterg74
It seems you are not using the latest version that is available at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/releases/tag/v2.1b3

Thanks, I will download that one. Is there any tut on how to upgrade?
Old 20 February 2022, 02:52   #344
desiv

Finally got this installed.
It felt a lot like it did when I was installing Amiga programs from back in the day. I eventually got there, but it wasn't totally straight forward. ;-)
Working on setting up my 3.2 OS before I copy it to a CF card and put it in my 1200.
I initially tried HSTWB installer with ClassicWB, but the PREFs didn't look like a clean install and I couldn't get window off-screen dragging working. (The PREFs program where the option to enable it on a clean 3.2 install is different and that option isn't there.)
So I decided to try just adding things I wanted to a clean 3.2 install.
iGame was one of those, and as my CPU is an 030 without an FPU, it wasn't quite as smooth as I had hoped.
Those dependencies. ;-)
Had some issues with render lib and guigfx lib (I think).
One of the installers just didn't install an MCC file. So I manually copied.
Then apparently I was using the versions that needed the FPU, which I didn't have.
Took me several tries to get that right.
But finally got it and it's working (Well, at least with the one game I tried).
I didn't go with the latest iGame, but the latest stable release.
Now I need to add all those menu extensions (Magic Menu) and such... ;-)
Old 27 February 2022, 22:03   #345
PerryRhodan

Quote:
@walterg74

Thanks. Much appreciated.
Old 24 March 2022, 17:39   #346
TuKo
Apollo Team

Idea for feature that might be useful : implement a small routine that would run on demand to check if .slave file exists based on gamelist.csv to find possible path errors. There are sometimes differences between existing gamelist.csv files and RetroPlay's set which is a moving target.
Old 04 June 2022, 15:26   #347
walkero

Hello everyone.
Today I released the stable version 2.1 of iGame. This is going to be available from Aminet and OS4Depot during the day, but you can also download it and test it from https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/releases/tag/v2.1

It has some extra fixes against the latest beta. Now, we can focus on the next version 2.2 and the changes we plan to bring. Soon I will share more info on that.
Old 04 June 2022, 15:28   #348
walkero

double post.... Sorry for that
Old 04 June 2022, 17:51   #349
wiz12

Thanks for the update walkero.
Old 04 June 2022, 19:56   #350
zx80

Quote:
… Now, we can focus on the next version 2.2 and the changes we plan to bring. Soon I will share more info on that.
Support for lha packed WHDLoad games w/o extraction would be cool

But in the meantime I will update from the beta to latest v2.1 stable. Thanks for all the work. Use iGame for all my game collections on all my emulated Amiga setups.
Old 05 June 2022, 02:05   #351
walkero

@zx80
Quote:
Support for lha packed WHDLoad games w/o extraction would be cool
Why would you need something like that? this would mean that the lha would be extracted into ram and run from there. On what machine would you run something like that?

Quote:
Use iGame for all my game collections on all my emulated Amiga setups.
Thank you for using iGame. We really appreciate it.

@all
Of course, the work on iGame development doesn't stop here. We will continue updating it and making it even better. There are a few ideas and experimentations I am doing, but this is something for the future.
Old 05 June 2022, 06:13   #352
Storm
SYS64738

Thanks for your continued work on iGame. I have used it for a long time on several machines. Your work is greatly appreciated!
Old 05 June 2022, 07:44   #353
zx80

Quote:
@zx80
this would mean that the lha would be extracted into ram and run from there. On what machine would you run something like that?
On emulated machines running WinUAE or Amiberry for example, where plenty of RAM is available. However I more thought of self extracting a game to hdd when first playing it, similar to Amiberry WHDLoad support (but not on /tmp file system) or ideally during the iGames scan process at setup. So lha files show up in iGames list. When I scan the repo, or start the lha game manually, it gets extracted into the same file location. Not sure if it makes sense for all, but could come handy for certain scenarios.

Just an idea. So far I did the extraction of e.g. WHDLoad Games pack manually on Windows using 7zip (which sometimes break depending on file names etc.) or via a AmigaDos script.

Last edited by zx80; 05 June 2022 at 07:56.
Old 05 June 2022, 18:04   #354
Lisko

Also an option to automatically or manually delete an entry of the list could be handy without the need to manually edit the gameslist.csv
Old 07 June 2022, 14:38   #355
walkero

@zx80
Thank you for the idea. Will see what I can do, but I do not make any promise. Also, other things are a higher priority.

@Lisko
This is something I am working on. I think there is a bug that I am investigating to fix. Will keep you informed.
Old 07 June 2022, 19:54   #356
vroom6sri

Thanks for this. I’ll update my version when I get a chance.

I flagged an issue in a different thread for what I thought was a WHDload issue with a game’s startup options not being remembered (EG infinite lives, start on level 5, etc.) but it seems that it was because I was using igames to launch the game. Do you know if this new version will deal with that issue?
Old 07 June 2022, 20:04   #357
zx80

Quote:
@zx80
Thank you for the idea. Will see what I can do, but I do not make any promise. Also, other things are a higher priority.
Thanks for you reply and for your continuing support of iGames. Will not miss it on any of my Workbench setups with Games or Demos. My must install tool when dealing with WHDLoad stuff etc.
Old 08 June 2022, 12:01   #358
Lisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx80 View Post
Thanks for you reply and for your continuing support of iGames. Will not miss it on any of my Workbench setups with Games or Demos. My must install tool when dealing with WHDLoad stuff etc.
Me too I use this for launching from workbench or I boot straight to AGS2 with Amiga boot selector for when I just want to fire up games or demos. I was thinking who knows if a ReAction port of iGame would be faster on low-spec hardware (030 and below) when dealing with a full list of games or demos?
Old 09 June 2022, 10:17   #359
rabidgerry

I had something weird happen me the other week where a bunch of blank game entries gradually added themselves more and more with every opening and closing of iGame. The blank entries would appear as 0's in my game list within iGame itself. It was very strange. What I did was took a copy I had from a different install and replace it, then re-scan repositories. I could just re-scanned the old list but that just messed up the total number of games which wasn't registering game folders I had actually deleted as they weren't English language versions.

Looking forward to the latest release though thank you all for the good work! Much appreciated. I only use iGame
Old 09 June 2022, 11:48   #360
walkero

@rabidgerry
Quote:
I had something weird happen me the other week where a bunch of blank game entries gradually added themselves more and more with every opening and closing of iGame.
This was a back of an old version which is fixed for some time now. You won't have that with the new version.

@vroom6sri
Quote:
I flagged an issue in a different thread for what I thought was a WHDload issue with a game’s startup options not being remembered (EG infinite lives, start on level 5, etc.) but it seems that it was because I was using igames to launch the game. Do you know if this new version will deal with that issue?
I am not sure what the problem is here. iGame should let you play the game with all the tooltypes you set. I would like to know more about that. Please PM me about it, what you did and which game is it, so I will try to reproduce and see what is the actual problem.

@Lisko
Quote:
I was thinking who knows if a ReAction port of iGame would be faster on low-spec hardware (030 and below) when dealing with a full list of games or demos?
If you are talking for ReAction, then we talk for AmigaOS 3.2, 3.9 and maybe 3.5 right? But a lot of people are not using those versions and still prefer to use the 3.1. Now, if someone has a 68000 CPU or a 68020/14 and wants to have the full collection of Games and Demos, which are more than 4000 entries, unfortunately, loading and searching in all of them will be slow.

Are there places in iGame where it can be optimised further?
Absolutely, and that's what I try to do. I would like to assure you all that my target is not to make iGame work well on high-end machines only, but also to support, as good as possible, the low-end machines as well.

Right now I am investigating a solution to have a better way of manipulating the list of the games, and reducing the necessary amount of memory usage. Unfortunately, for every solution, there are pros and cons and I am trying to measure what we will lose and what we will gain. If that goes well, I might release a new version that has that feature for people to try and get feedback. But it needs some time.

Thank you all for using iGame. We love that application and we put as much work on it as we can.