English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 04 January 2014, 14:29   #1
edd_jedi

FS UAE on Mac no longer working

I just tried booting up my real CF-HD connected via USB, and it no longer works. If I try and launch directly it says no config found, and if I launch the Launcher it hangs immediately. It is definitely the CF HD that is causing the hang as if I remove that line from the config file it works fine.

I have recently updated to Mavericks - could this be the cause? As said this used to work fine, all I had to do was enable r/w with Terminal and then add the following line to my config file:

hard_drive_0 = /dev/disk3

Anybody have any idea as to why this no longer works and hangs FS-UAE? It's the only method I have of transferring files to my Amiga
Old 04 January 2014, 17:42   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Using real drives with FS-UAE Launcher might cause the Launcher to try to checksum the entire drive (because file size check on OS X returns 0 for block devices). This should be fixed in the development versions, so you might try to upgrade (FS-UAE Launcher will then no longer hang for a long time while checksumming the drive)!

"no config found" <- well this must be something else altogether? Are you trying to launch by double-clicking on a config file? If so, this is probably the problem when launching directly - Opening config files from Finder seems to be broken in Mavericks and I don't know why yet.
Old 04 January 2014, 18:08   #3
edd_jedi

Thanks for the reply. Yes sorry what I meant was dragging a config file directly on to the app icon to bypass the Launcher (I find this easier as I update the config manually with a text editor.)

I'll try leaving it for longer to see if it ever recovers from the hang, if not will give the dev version a go.
Old 04 January 2014, 18:18   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

If you don't want to upgrade to a devel version, and don't want to wait while the Launcher checksums, you can also start FS-UAE from a terminal like this in the meantime:
/Applications/FS-UAE.app/Contents/MacOS/fs-uae /path/to/config/file