English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 19 November 2001, 12:50   #1
MethodGit

Bleem! - The end of an era

In case you haven't done so already, check out www.bleem.com . The news is reported on several emu sites as well.

What were everyone's thoughts about this rather controversial and popular PSX emu?

I still remember the fact that I never really got any version of Bleem! to work with any game properly... it would occasionally crash.
Old 19 November 2001, 13:15   #2
Amigaboy

Bleem has sucked since the first release

ePSXe reigns supreme (although the site is down right now)

Old 19 November 2001, 19:39   #3
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I had problems with Epsxe, probably because of the fact my video is onboard:P
That'll change son tho!
Old 19 November 2001, 19:41   #4
Drake1009

That's the beauty of ePSXe and the other dll based emulators. You can find many different DLLs. You can probably find one which will work with your computer.
Old 19 November 2001, 19:46   #5
§ane

ePSXe roxx!

@ Frederic
Try Pete's software driver..
http://home.t-online.de/home/PeteBernert/

and for best results use the following settings..

Plugin: Pete's Soft Driver 1.1.54
Author: Pete Bernert

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: on [00000001]
Old 19 November 2001, 21:16   #6
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Wonderful, §ane! I remember Pete's drivers, but I messed up on the rest of the config
I wonder how compatible it is with most of the 3,000+ games that made it to the PSX?
Thanks!
Old 19 November 2001, 21:23   #7
Ian
Global Moderator

ePSXe is extremely compatable Fred, most games run fine with it.

Bleem on the other hand was and is an overpriced piece of shit, the original? PSX emu, PSXEmuPro worked with more games and that was free.

I would like to know how they justified charging anything for that piece of shit once ePSXe was released and for FREE.
Old 20 November 2001, 01:16   #8
MethodGit

Roll eyes (sarcastic) Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I don't have an opinion on Bleem!, but surely there are some pro-Bleemers on this forum as well?
Old 20 November 2001, 01:46   #9
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Marz, it's the worst of the lot of PSX emulators. Why would anybody WANT to be pro-Bleem? Why not find the buggiest version of WinUAE and start a fan club for it?
Old 20 November 2001, 04:31   #10
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I agree with Twist and Ian. Thanks for the info, Ian!!
As for Bllem, it was fecal. But Connetix' Virtual Game Station, the same company that makes Virtual PC for Mac, was disappointing as well.
Old 20 November 2001, 20:03   #11
MethodGit

It's kinda strange how you lot had a horrific time with Bleem!, yet I remember seeing several magazine features on Bleem! with pretty-much-perfect screenshots two years ago.

Or maybe they all made their reviews up and just used the pre-made screenshots after they failed to receive their Bleem! CDs...
Old 21 November 2001, 01:05   #12
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

You can't base your opinion of a program on what you read in some corporate magazine. Reviews are often skewed in those rags if x amount of advertising is purchased or if they decide to hype something to boost sales. I tend to think the users are a more reliable source for the truth on software because they have no incentive to hype a faulty product.

It was that same level of honesty that got Amiga Power in the shithouse so often with publishers.
Old 21 November 2001, 01:58   #13
Amigaboy

Bleem was able to emulate some games. I'll give it some credit, but it still sux

Old 21 November 2001, 02:13   #14
Drake1009

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
ePSXe is extremely compatable Fred, most games run fine with it.

Bleem on the other hand was and is an overpriced piece of shit, the original? PSX emu, PSXEmuPro worked with more games and that was free.

I would like to know how they justified charging anything for that piece of shit once ePSXe was released and for FREE.
Not quite for free. You had to have the playstation Bios file like you need the Kick.rom for amiga emulation. I think that's one of the places Bleem got in trouble with Sony since they included the file (or a reverse engineered customized version of it).

And PSEmuPro was more compatible than Bleem. I don't know if that's true but I read that PSEmuPro was the first emulator to correctly emulate a game.

Twisting said : Marz, it's the worst of the lot of PSX emulators. Why would anybody WANT to be pro-Bleem? Why not find the buggiest version of WinUAE and start a fan club for it?

You forget, they need to charge money for that version.

Marz said : It's kinda strange how you lot had a horrific time with Bleem!, yet I remember seeing several magazine features on Bleem! with pretty-much-perfect screenshots two years ago.

And I remember playing Croc 2 on the emulated PS with PSEmupro before I even heard of Bleem. First I heard of it was a friend of mine who had gotten hold of a copied version of it which didn't work with many systems. Did it ever get compatible?
Old 21 November 2001, 16:53   #15
Amiga1992

Bleem! sucked, always. The worst part of it was the hype around it, and this whole Bleemcast travesty, a true horror...

I will have to giev it some credit because its teh ONLY PSX emulator that would run on my Pentium 133, at quite a decent speed (30fps). I played a bit of Einhander with it, quite a feat for my machine.

PSEmu Pro was better anyway! and I never botehred with any otehr psx emus since...