English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 05 February 2017, 06:12   #1
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

is .Lha supported?

Looking at https://fs-uae.net/floppy-images/comment-page-2

There is no where in the article that there is direct support for .lha in FS-UAE, but the comment section says there is support for it..

Can someone shed light how to launch files in .lha with FS-UAE ? .zip files work ok..

I've tried a number of .lha files, and all of them go back to kick start seen. This is running 1.3. I would of assumes since lha is compressed, like zip are, if FS-UAE and automatically uncompress .zip files, why can't it be done with .lha as well?
Old 06 February 2017, 16:40   #2
Genlock
Out to Grass

Hello,
First Lha is a tool which is used to compress or decompress files mostly on the Amiga.
Try this link to get an idea http://guide.abime.net/wb3.1/chaplha.htm then come back and let the guys know what you want to use it on

Last edited by Genlock; 06 February 2017 at 16:48. Reason: updated
Old 06 February 2017, 18:38   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, FS-UAE itself does not support .lha. FS-UAE Launcher on the other hand, can scan/index contents of .lha files and extract files from the archives on demand. That is used for the game database / WHDLoad support.
Old 07 February 2017, 05:04   #4
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

when u say Launcher scans that's ONLY for game DB?

What i am mean here is if Launcher can scan and unpack .zip files.. you can load .zip directly into FS-UAE Luancher, why can't u do the same with lha, since its just another compressed format.

Sorry, the comment on on your website is not clear exactly what its used for.. I got the impression that Lancher did support lha. just like it supports loading and uncompressin zip files ready to run automatically.
Old 07 February 2017, 14:34   #5
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

The FS-UAE launcher works fine with lha archives. Grab the preinstalled WHDLoad games from the EAB File server (Retroplay folder) and scan them.
Old 07 February 2017, 17:31   #6
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga_Forever View Post
you can load .zip directly into FS-UAE Launcher, why can't u do the same with lha, since its just another compressed format.
That can of course be done. But someone (for example me) has to program stuff to make it work. It that hasn't happened yet. I don't have any current plans to expand the .lha support.