English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 11 January 2023, 14:52   #21
EctoOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFou! View Post
but perhaps WHDLOAD following option must be added somewhere
data=data-vga
I haven't used Amiberry in a while but just by looking at the files on github, the datapath node in the xml is there to set this option. It has another node called subpath which contains the actual games directory name.

Here is the full entry:
Code:
	<game filename="EyeOfTheBeholder_v0.2_AGA" sha1="bf65c9785177a877dab56a85410f4d074f4d3f0d">
		<name>Eye Of The Beholder [AGA]</name>
		<subpath>EyeOfTheBeholderAGA</subpath>
		<variant_uuid>eb135141-eeb5-5c84-bff6-0e8fd72f4715</variant_uuid>
		<slave_count>1</slave_count>
		<slave_default>EyeOfTheBeholderAGA.Slave</slave_default>
		<slave_libraries>False</slave_libraries>
		<slave number="1">
			<filename>EyeOfTheBeholderAGA.Slave</filename>
			<datapath>EOB1-AGA-FULL</datapath>
		</slave>
		<hardware>
			CHIPSET=AGA
			PRIMARY_CONTROL=JOYSTICK
			PORT0=JOY
			PORT1=JOY
			SCREEN_AUTOHEIGHT=TRUE
			SCREEN_CENTERH=SMART
			SCREEN_CENTERV=SMART
		</hardware>
	</game>
Quote:
indeed DATA folder is not define in my slave files but in the launch icon in my official last package
Last time I've used Amiberry it wasn't reading tooltypes from icons. I noticed that because I wanted to activate cheats in Apidya (which sadly doesn't have the options in the splash menu) by setting the tooltypes but it didn't work. Apparently you need to create an extra uae file and manually add such custom options.

Being able to directly run lha archives is great but the way how Amiberry does it seems like overly complicated.
Old 11 January 2023, 15:25   #22
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EctoOne View Post

Last time I've used Amiberry it wasn't reading tooltypes from icons. I noticed that because I wanted to activate cheats in Apidya (which sadly doesn't have the options in the splash menu) by setting the tooltypes but it didn't work. Apparently you need to create an extra uae file and manually add such custom options.

Being able to directly run lha archives is great but the way how Amiberry does it seems like overly complicated.
indeed quick solution is to force a DATA folder un slave file.
it's for that i am just re-compil EOB1&2 WHDLoad's slave with DATA-VGA as default data folder

Last edited by CFou!; 11 January 2023 at 15:33.
Old 11 January 2023, 15:43   #23
Slay

Hmmm, maybe someone else can help?

In EOTB2 the saving works fine. It created a folder named EyeOfTheBeholder2AGA in /opt/retropie/configs/amiga/amiberry/whdboot/save-data/Savegames as it should.

In EOTB1 i get the message that the disk is write protected. No folder gets created.

In both games there is a Volume named Saves mounted as DH2 to the same path.

I dont get it, why EOTB2 does what it should, but part 1 not...

Maybe someone can help...
Old 11 January 2023, 15:45   #24
EctoOne

Quote:
indeed quick solution is to force a DATA folder un slave file.
it's for that i am just re-compil EOB1&2 WHDLoad's slave with DATA-VGA as default data folder
So for the new slave would you suggest to remove the tooltype? I assume it still works if someone wants to change the data folder for whatever reason. I'm just curious.

I've just tried it without the tooltype in a normal environment and it works fine.
Old 11 January 2023, 16:29   #25
CFou!

Quote:
So for the new slave would you suggest to remove the tooltype? I assume it still works if someone wants to change the data folder for whatever reason. I'm just curious.

I've just tried it without the tooltype in a normal environment and it works fine.
normal it is always possible to change the default data directory using the DATA= option as an argument for WHDLOAD
Old 11 January 2023, 17:29   #26
EctoOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay View Post
Hmmm, maybe someone else can help?

In EOTB2 the saving works fine. It created a folder named EyeOfTheBeholder2AGA in /opt/retropie/configs/amiga/amiberry/whdboot/save-data/Savegames as it should.

In EOTB1 i get the message that the disk is write protected. No folder gets created.

In both games there is a Volume named Saves mounted as DH2 to the same path.

I dont get it, why EOTB2 does what it should, but part 1 not...

Maybe someone can help...
Try creating a folder named EyeOfTheBeholderAGA in the same folder as the EOB2 folder. Saving works fine for me in a normal Workbench environment. Depending on how you access your retropie you might need to set the proper permissions if you manually create that folder.

Quote:
normal it is always possible to change the default data directory using the DATA= option as an argument for WHDLOAD
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for confirmation though.
Old 14 January 2023, 08:42   #27
Slay

Quote:
Try creating a folder named EyeOfTheBeholderAGA in the same folder as the EOB2 folder. Saving works fine for me in a normal Workbench environment. Depending on how you access your retropie you might need to set the proper permissions if you manually create that folder.
I tried creating that folder manually, but got the same problem after that. Now i run the game from a directory mounted as HD and it works…
Old 05 May 2023, 22:43   #28
Slay

In the meantime i finished EOB1AGA and now i wonder, if it is possible, to transfer my party to EOB2AGA? I use the WHDLoad versions… Maybe someone can help me with that.

When i select ‚import party from EOB1‘ on the main menu of EOB2, i get the message ‚Please, remove EOB1: from the drive‘.

Last edited by Slay; 06 May 2023 at 14:56.
Old 06 May 2023, 14:52   #29
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

When there were issues with the Amiberry XML and data paths, please report it on the GitHub:

https://github.com/HoraceAndTheSpide...ry-XML-Builder

^^ this tool runs every few days, and automatically picks up every game on the EAB FTP for scraping, and generating a new XML. This is how fixes can be regularly applied for everyone.

When there are issues such as this, we can manually tweak the scraping to get a working path out of whatever sub-directory is used.

Things like PRIMARY_CONTROL=JOYSTICK can also be corrected.... although I'd really like to see a CD32 control version of EOB 1/2 (and AGA versions) anyway... just like Bloodwych
Old 06 May 2023, 16:32   #30
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
No one else was volunteering another way to do it, so I made it the way I thought worked best. The XML is the only way to ensure the many different options for best-game-settings are picked up with minimum human input. Personally I think for "non amiga diehards" it's actually the opposite of complicated, because so many games work 'out of the box'.

It would be nice to add more WHD options to the amiberry menu (like setting custom tooltypes etc) but I simply dont have the time for developing that side of it any more, and the feedback and support I've had from others has been minimal - even from the likes of RGL who decided to use it in the 500Mini without contacting anyone from Amiberry initially.