English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 10 December 2011, 23:47   #1

Looking for help for my girlfriend's Christmas

Hello,
My girlfriend recently told me that she had an Amiga when she was a child. She tried in vain to remember the name of her favourite game. Through the clues she provided, it took me a few hours to work out that the game is "Jump 'n' Roll" from cover disk 2 in the the September 1993 edition of Amiga Action. So, I thought it'd be the perfect christmas present for her, to present her with an Amiga and a copy of the disk.

So, I searched Ebay, and can't find that exact issue, however I did find the disk image file online (disk 2) http://amr.abime.net/issue_121_coverdisks

Okay I thought, I'll burn this disk to a floppy and print out the label. Bish bash bosh. Simple right? Of course, I didn't understand that Amiga floppys can't be created on a Windows drive. D'oh.

So, here I am. I'm unsure about the legalities of this – so I promise to at least cover postage via PayPal. I'm looking for someone to create a copy of disk 2 in the link above and post it to me before christmas.

You'll make a Scottish lassie happy.
James

Old 10 December 2011, 23:54   #2
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I'll take a look at this tomorrow for you and see if I can create an actual Amiga disk from the download - pm me your address and if I can create the image I will post it Monday for you... I'll post back here tomorrow to update you as to whether the disk can be created - shouldn't be a problem...
Old 11 December 2011, 13:34   #3
spiff
Oh noes!

Meanwhile over at the English Sex and the City facebook page

Hello girlfriends

I just remembered my second date with my husband, we watched sex and the city and he said that he really liked the car that mister Big had. It was a very special night and I really think sex and the city helped us get married. It took me a couple of hours of workout that it was the special edition DVD from 1997 so I thought it would be a perfect christmas present for him.

So I searched all over Bloomingdales while looking for shoes and found nothing, only blu-dvds!

I don't want to buy it on iTunes, it doesnt run on his stupid computer! I guess I just have to get the whole year 1-10 collection just to make sure its in there!

*Please don't take me for an evil person, I just had to get it out of me*
Old 11 December 2011, 13:39   #4
s2325
Zone Friend

You can copy ADF on HD floppy disk and use it with WinUAE
Old 11 December 2011, 13:46   #5
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I created the disk for you this morning - tested it on my A1200 and it works fine.... it is here for you.

I will await your PM James.
Old 11 December 2011, 17:22   #6
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Spiff: Your husband wants the car, not the DVD.