English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 June 2009, 07:28   #1
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Your greatest moments

What are your greatest gaming moments? Here are some of mine.

I recently scored a 97 in Pirates!, and I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself.

Also, I've scored more than 100,000,000,000 on the Mean Machines table in SlamTilt, I'm pretty sure that's a record.

And anytime I beat Real Madrid or Juventis in SWOS with any team feels like quite an achievement also.
Old 11 June 2009, 07:33   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

First contact with Shadow of the Beast 2 - it was like daydreaming.
Old 11 June 2009, 07:54   #3
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I think the very first time was when I finally got past the first snow stage in Turbo Outrun without running out of time

First time I played Morrowind. When you get off the boat and the world opens up to you. When you are used to only Daggerfall (which already had comparably bad graphics when it was released), the sight can take your breath away.

Finishing Dungeon Master for the first time made me feel proud of myself.

Finishing Painkiller 100% on trauma difficulty (I think it was called like that, the highest one in any case where you get the "good" ending).

Finishing Final Fantasy 7 100% for the first time - took me 80+ hours!

Finishing Super Metroid in something like 3 hours, I don't remember how fast it was precisely, but it was pretty fast. I cheated with a speed run movie though. Too bad Samus doesn't remove anything more than her outer suit

So many games gave me great feelings of accomplishment really. Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Donkey Kong Country, etc.
Old 11 June 2009, 07:59   #4
Sensi
Unregistered User

Almost 1,000 000 points in Track and Field, seven or eight rounds in Mat Mania (MAME)
Playing Renegade and Target:Renegade many hours in a row (dont remember, eight, nine, maybe ten rounds, maybe more), many seasons (eight, ten, twelve, dont remember) without a loss in a row in Multiplayer Soccer Manager (ZX Spectrum)
Becomig european champions (3x or 4x) and world champions (3x or 4x) with icelandic national team in swos (career mode) with one allowed save in qualification round and with one save in final round, completing SF2 with all characters, becoming world champion in TV Sports:Boxing many times, finishing SOTB 3 (my first Amiga game), finishing Speedball 2 (Amiga)
Finishing Prince of Persia for the first time, GP 2 track records (PC)
I will check my lists (I have lists!) at home and post more accurate points/records results.

And Jumping Jack !
Old 11 June 2009, 08:03   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Beating Turrican 2 for the first time on the Miggy and listening to the great end tune

Finally finding out that wearing a chain mail and having an armor class of 2 is actually better than running around naked with an armor class of 10 in Champions of Krynn

Beating Doom II on UV for the first time (a lot of cursing involved )

Getting through Day of the Tentacle with only one hint by a friend (on the phone, at 1:30 AM, luckily I survied that ).

Second the Morrowind moment Also great to see, that when you 'finish' the game you can just go on playing it.
Old 11 June 2009, 08:09   #6
Graham Humphrey

I used to play Championship Manager '93 almost religiously, and in one season I managed to win the title with the mighty Brentford, scoring over 100 league goals and 100 points in the process. Another season not long afterwards, I was 19 points adrift of the leaders Liverpool at the halfway point, but managed to turn it around and won the league after beating them on the last day. Not sure how I managed that one.

Oh and I was pretty pleased the time I scored over 4,000,000,000 on the Stones and Bones table on Pinball Fantasies but I think it's fair to say that was more down to luck than judgement
Old 11 June 2009, 10:35   #7
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

playing and completing both Shenmue 1 + 2 for the first time on the DC The graphics at the time were simply amazing and the game was (still is) very addictive
Old 11 June 2009, 10:52   #8
WOC_Admin
Zone Friend

My greatest gaming moments were beating my freinds at SWOS. As time went on; that was replaced with Pro Evolution and Beer, but the feeling was just as good!
Old 11 June 2009, 12:47   #9
DH
Global Moderator

Totally completing Flashback before it was released in the UK, great memories they were. Everyone asked me how do you get past such and such, this went on for many weeks. Sometimes I gave the hint, and other times I told them to 'SOD OFF' They were always badgering me about it, I got that sick in the end I threatened them with murder if they didn't stop asking me.
Old 11 June 2009, 12:49   #10
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

I think i will also add Toejam & Earl for the Megadrive This game is very fun to play with 2 players
Old 11 June 2009, 12:51   #11
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
I think i will also add Toejam & Earl for the Megadrive This game is very fun to play with 2 players
Yes, it is Well that is still one on my list. Have the original still around, but never actually finished it Guess it's time, eh?
Old 11 June 2009, 13:02   #12
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Yes, it is Well that is still one on my list. Have the original still around, but never actually finished it Guess it's time, eh?
You can finish it!? I though it would just keep going on and on and on and on and on and on...

was fun to play though
Old 11 June 2009, 13:10   #13
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well there are space ship parts you gather... I guess when you have them all something will happen It will take hours though...
Old 11 June 2009, 13:26   #14
Paul_s

Playing Cannon Fodder - I could not steal myself away from it... many a fun hour /day

Finishing the above, Turrican II, SOTB II which I could never get into - very beautiful to look at though.... ah, good days...
Old 11 June 2009, 13:40   #15
AmigaFriend

For me was without any doubt finishing Out Run on the arcade coin machines, then Arkanoid and later R-Type.

I remember skipping school sometimes to be able to play on the arcade saloon on the not-so-much busy hours, so I could have some peace without everyone putting their breath behind me ears.. ... and in the process not lose money!

In the Amiga was finishing Rocket Ranger for the first time and later on it Came From the Desert. Many hours invested in these two awesome games, specially Rocket Ranger where i remember fondly the joy that me and my brother had that day.

Haaa memories. Today when I finish another PC game is just: was nice, another one finished. What's next?

I think having finished Raiden on the league could come as the more recent sense of accomplishment that I have had from many years now.
Old 11 June 2009, 16:04   #16
seuden
uber cool demi god

Winning the quintuple (Premiership Title, FA Cup, League Cup, European Cup and Charity Shield) for the first time on Championship Manager '93 on my Amiga 500. It took a good couple of weeks and iirc 13 seasons with Plymouth.
Old 11 June 2009, 17:20   #17
AB Positive
kachou ON!

Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! - beating the game in one shot without getting hit a single time.

I've only done it once, in 2005, and have yet to repeat the feat. I hope one day though. Damn my declining twitch-reflexes.
Old 11 June 2009, 18:18   #18
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Completing Project-X without losing any lives while being drunk.
Old 11 June 2009, 18:54   #19
Sensi
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
Completing Project-X without losing any lives while being drunk.

Level 3 is hell, HELL!
Old 11 June 2009, 18:55   #20
s2325
Zone Friend

Maybe it's possible only when you are drunk...