English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 28 February 2007, 14:56   #1
gracie

external floppy drives are..?

hello folks. I am not now an Amiga person, though I have owned and enjoyed several in the dim and distant, but, because I am known locally as a 'computer person' I have been asked to dispose of a fair amount of 'stuff' that belonged to a chap who died a couple of years back. Quite a bit of it is Amiga, but he collected all sorts of computers, from the year dot, some of which I had never heard of before I took this project under my wing.
Well, I am slowly finding happy homes for the various bits and pieces, via e-Bay mostly, and have now got to three external hard drives, which might have belonged to this guy, or might have come in from the last lot of stuff we got from the University. I suspect they might be Amiga as they have a 23 pin d-type connector ( male) on the lead, with a female connector on the back of the drive,and a little switch. There is nothing to say who made them or what machines they are intended for, except that one has 'Power Drive' written on it and 'made in UK'. They are standard beige in colour.
So my question is
a) are they Amiga ( or Amstrad?)
b) is it worth putting them on eBay?

thank you very much for any help you can give

Old 28 February 2007, 16:08   #2
Dizzy
Pirate

try post a picture if you got one
Old 28 February 2007, 16:18   #3
gracie

I don't got one at present, hoped the description of a beige external floppy drive with 23 pin connectors would suffice.....

Old 28 February 2007, 16:21   #4
Dizzy
Pirate

It might be I'm just too dumb to know

..oh and Welcome to EAB
Old 28 February 2007, 16:50   #5
gracie

thanks Dizz

Old 04 March 2007, 03:47   #6
VermillioN

Yes they definately sound like amiga drives, and you wont make much on ebay as they're widely available.. although you'll make more than you would throwing them out so I say go for it