English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 22 February 2016, 15:43   #61
s2325
Zone Friend

Motorway Madness [ Show youtube player ] should be better with faster Amiga computer and weapons promising good fun.
Old 22 February 2016, 17:45   #62
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

No one mentioned Micro Machines? It's very good single player and a lot of fun with a friend.

On Amiga, ATR, Micro Machines, Nitro, Super Cars 2 and Skidmarks.

On any system:

Try Mashed:Fully Loaded . I played it on the PS2, I think it was also released for X-BOX and PC.
No game is better than this for multiplayer overhead racing action.

And then Micro Machines V3 (PS1, N64 and PC).. which is not as good as Mashed (But still frigging awesome), but it has the option to be played by EIGHT players at the same time on the SAME SCREEN which is furious fun, something everyone should try at some point.
Old 22 February 2016, 20:11   #63
clebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_dammesque View Post
Good to see some love for Carnage. Great little game.

My favourite was a DOS game called Slicks 'n Slide. Don't be fooled by the graphics, this is no Anco game. It's the best handling top-down racer ever IMO.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 22 February 2016, 20:12   #64
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Clebin, have you ever tried Generally?

It's like Slicks 'n' Slide, except it does everything better and includes a level editor Awesome game.
Old 22 February 2016, 20:27   #65
clebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
Clebin, have you ever tried Generally?

It's like Slicks 'n' Slide, except it does everything better and includes a level editor Awesome game.
Wow, that looks awesome - just like Slicks in 3D. I'll see if I can get my mate round for a session on it. We got Slicks down to such a fine art that races would be decided by just one or two pixels...
Old 24 March 2016, 22:33   #66
s2325
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalimon View Post
Second comes All Terrain Racing
New review of CD32 version [ Show youtube player ]
Old 25 March 2016, 08:25   #67
Gzegzolka

I must admit that I'm not much skilled player in upper view racing games. I like a lot RoadKill from Vision. I have finished that game Probably every game could be great if You play them in two player mode with someone else. Turbo Trax and ATR are cool too, but I didn't spend much time with them.
Old 04 April 2022, 11:58   #68
twenty90seven
twenty90seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty90seven View Post
I'm making a top down racer, styled on Amiga top down racers. Main influence is Nitro and Hotrod plus some newer games too like Rush Rush Rally Racing and Retro Racing. Will be for PC and Android. Made in Gamemaker.

Here's a Youtube link to the game I am making, with the city level featured. It's going to be called Sneaky Ways as there are plenty of paths to choose. The game's about 6 months to 1 year away. The engine's mostly there but I am in the process of implementing powerups and obstacles - pass the bomb, exploding barrels, leaking barrels, jumps and flying powerups are some you can see in the video.

[ Show youtube player ]
Eight years later, I have finally released the top down racer 'Sneaky Ways' which can be played on Windows. Adding extra environments (racetrack, desert, country and city) added to the scope and I kept wanting to add more and more things, like powerups, pedestrians, animals, blimps flying overhead (with the words "Ice Cube's a pimp" written on them). As I added more, more years got added to the development timeline.

Finally I said that's enough, and decided to finish what I had done and actually release it. It was a good day.

I've uploaded it to itchio: https://alex-power.itch.io/sneaky-ways

One day later, I am working on the sequel, Sneaky Ways II in Gamemaker Studio 2....catch you in 2030.
Old 04 April 2022, 14:01   #69
kamelito
Zone Friend

Super Sprint