English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 23 February 2022, 22:20   #101
liveevil
Custom User Title

@hitm4n
Did you see my post above ? Your graphics card/onboard graphics may not support 720x576 by default. Have you tried adding that resolution to your graphics settings ? Do the other res games look the correct aspect ratio ?
Old 23 February 2022, 22:55   #102
hitm4n

Thanks liveevil. Useful info, unfortunately i don't think this is the issue for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil
This was a link from Page 1 of Damien's thread -
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=3242
Maybe it relates to your issue ? (The line highlighted in red). I think you have to add the custom resolution to your graphics settings. If this is not related then forget I said anything !
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1215242&postcount=2
I tried those suggestions many moons ago to no avail. My resolution list already has 720x576 as an option (listed as 576p in the nvidia control panel). I don't recall if i added this myself or not, but its there and works.

There is another option that says "Override the scaling mode set by games and programs". I don't recall if this is on by default and i turned it off, but of course, its currently off. Pretty sure i read about that option somewhere too. So WinUAE has control over scaling and aspect ratio and i have no issue using a 720x576 screenmode.

Nice try though

Whats interesting in that post though is his first couple of lines...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD
Finally, the reason why I choose not to set "Native" and then use a "multiplier" is this.

On your 1920x1080 display, setting a 2x multiplier is good.

On my laptop that has a maximum 1366x768 display, setting a 2x multiplier is too much... I need to set a multiplier of say 1.3x
Well there it is. Once again Damien confirming that my settings will be fine for me, probably anyone using a monitor from this century, but they are too much for him. While they work for some of you, i can bet they DO NOT work for everyone like he says. I don't expect mine to work for everyone either, you'll (and i mean anyone) will just have to make adjustments. Like i have to with Damiens settings.

The main thing with my packs is you are getting a working game, with screenshots and a working config when it comes to the OS, Kickstart, memory, cpu etc. When it comes to the resolution stuff, i'm at that point where you get what your given and can fix it yourself if its not right.

Those of you with a 1080p monitor will most likely be fine The rest, edit the configs to suit your needs.
Old 23 February 2022, 22:56   #103
hitm4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
@hitm4n
Did you see my post above ? Your graphics card/onboard graphics may not support 720x576 by default. Have you tried adding that resolution to your graphics settings ? Do the other res games look the correct aspect ratio ?
Every game is stretched wide with Damiens defaults. I've tried a few now.

Every game looks glorious with my own settings. I've played and set up plenty.
Old 23 February 2022, 23:10   #104
hitm4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
As you can see 3D Pool is in the right aspect and looks how it should, I have a sneaking suspicion you have messed with the config somewhere or an override has taken some settings. It looks perfectly fine on my screen.
Sorry enigma, i didn't see part of your post as it was nestled in with the quoted part.

Really great to hear it does actually work for someone. You aren't the first, but you are the first to say it publically. Its a landmark moment

I would have liked to get it working for anyone but using Damiens scaling and filter options resulted in a muddy horrible image. It wasn't clean like mine. I think i'm going to stick with the target of 1080p. Those that need to adjust stuff can do so. I don't take ownership of the packs, people can do what they like with them. I'll keep putting them together and Damien can keep moaning. I will fix issues with games if they are reported, but personal screenmodes and resolutions i will only advise on... best i can.

Be great to hear back from anyone else who's tried these and they work okay, even if you did need to tinker a little... Cheers.
Old 24 February 2022, 09:33   #105
hitm4n

I've had a further thread post pointed out to me about the aspect ratio handling done via the nvidia control panel. I'll dig in to that again tonight and see if its useful. If it is it could mean Damiens configs work for me as he intended them and i won't have to do all the funky stuff to get them right for me. Then i should be able to configure my additional games much closer to Damiens.

Although, i'm already cloning them, so they should be identical but i guess my override stuff is getting saved into them too. I can avoid that happening hopefully. All the changes i implement for myself are in my overrides, LEDs, scanlines off, disksound on etc. Anyway, i'll gladly check the setting and see what i can do.

This could be the one change that fixes everything.
More later.
Old 24 February 2022, 18:41   #106
hitm4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n
I've had a further thread post pointed out to me about the aspect ratio handling done via the nvidia control panel. I'll dig in to that again tonight and see if its useful. If it is it could mean Damiens configs work for me as he intended them and i won't have to do all the funky stuff to get them right for me. Then i should be able to configure my additional games much closer to Damiens.
You know who you are, but i have to give a huge thanks. So, THANKS

We've nailed it. In the NVIDIA Control Panel, under the "Adjust desktop size and position" section, there is an option that says "Perform scaling on:". Mine was set to "Display". I have now changed this to "GPU" and games are no longer stretched using Damiens default configs.

Hurrah.

Changing the LEDs shown, turning disk sound on and scanlines off can all be in my own override file, no need to force those changes on you either. So seeing as i'm using one of Damiens configs to create new ones, everyone should be happy now and all should look good.

I'll rebuild the initial pack this evening and i would love to hear back once you (those that saw issues) have tried it once more. Fingers crossed.
And with the config issues out of the way (again, hopefully) i can get back to putting these games together.
I'll post again once i've reuploaded.

Last edited by hitm4n; 24 February 2022 at 19:07. Reason: added a bit
Old 24 February 2022, 22:59   #107
hitm4n

And they are up. In the end the only change i needed to make to the base game config files was the fullscreenwindow setting, changed that back to fullscreen.

I no longer use 2x scaling but i do still override a few bits in my own files.

Please let me know how you all get on with this now, i really can't see anyone having any issues as my base configs really do match Damiens now.

Oh, i would replace the whole lot. I've taken a few new screenshots too.
Enjoy.
Old 27 February 2022, 19:04   #108
zodiac

Hi Hitman,

Thanks for your work here. People can set their display settings under the HOST configuration. FS-UAE is much better than this collection as you can launch any variant, including WHDLoad. Great if you want to see all the different cracktros. I wish these updates could somehow be made for FS-UAE instead.

Last edited by zodiac; 27 February 2022 at 19:14.
Old 27 February 2022, 23:16   #109
hitm4n

Hi zodiac. I've always been a WinUAE fan and always enjoyed Damiens game collection and following along with his updates over time. Never even tried FS-UAE, i've always felt WinUAE does the job, does it well.

Since first getting Damiens pack i've always felt some important games were missing and while this is Damiens choice (which he's welcome to), i've always wanted to make a game pack and add them in. My list has declined as Damien has added stuff, but also grown as i've discovered new stuff i think worth adding. Currently its still a total of around 100 titles.

We know he doesn't like management sims (particularly football ones) and text adventures, so adding some of these back in was a must for me. Hopefully others would welcome many of these games too. The Infocom games were an essential addition and i always found it scandalous that games like Poing 7 or Boulder Dash or Amoeba Invaders were missing too (coming soon people, working on a Poing HD collection now).

So i'm working on it. I nailed down some more of the game setup process and config stuff today. I've now fully sourced all the games i wish to add so now its just making the configs and taking the screenshots. Now that i no longer need to use scaling i can finally create the configs just like Damiens. I'm even using the horizontal adjust to center the screens, or using 640x480 to have the game screen fill the monitor, never had to use these before but glad the configs will (should) be right for everyone.

I've put 5 more games together today and will be working on the rest of my list through tomorrow (i have a week off work). I hope to have a single large update pack ready real soon.

Last edited by hitm4n; 27 February 2022 at 23:18. Reason: typo
Old 28 February 2022, 18:40   #110
hitm4n

New pack uploaded to Turran. As its only 30mb currently i am adding games and reuploading the whole lot each time. Delete the old pack, install this new one as i have made tweaks here and there.

Good bunch of games added including the Poing Collection on instaload HDF. Includes v1, 2.1, 2.2, 3, 4, 5.02, 6.02 and 7.14. All load with their respective level sets and will save your highscores. And version 7.14 loads a 10 levelset menu at the start.

If i find more versions of Poing and more levelsets i will endeavour to add them.
19 new games added.

Feedback welcomed.
Still more to come...
Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amoeba.png
Views:	80
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	74876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bomber.png
Views:	89
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	74877   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fruit.png
Views:	83
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	74878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Para.png
Views:	83
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	74879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Poing.png
Views:	87
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	74880  

Last edited by hitm4n; 28 February 2022 at 18:56. Reason: added text
Old 01 March 2022, 18:07   #111
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
New pack uploaded to Turran. As its only 30mb currently i am adding games and reuploading the whole lot each time. Delete the old pack, install this new one as i have made tweaks here and there.

Good bunch of games added including the Poing Collection on instaload HDF. Includes v1, 2.1, 2.2, 3, 4, 5.02, 6.02 and 7.14. All load with their respective level sets and will save your highscores. And version 7.14 loads a 10 levelset menu at the start.

If i find more versions of Poing and more levelsets i will endeavour to add them.
19 new games added.

Feedback welcomed.
Still more to come...
Enjoy.
Parachute is already in the collection under the name AmigaParachute and has been since early 2017.
Old 01 March 2022, 18:13   #112
hitm4n

Cheers, will remove it from my next pack upload. Taken Delarith out too in light of todays new pack from Damien.
Old 01 March 2022, 23:34   #113
hitm4n

DamienDs WinUAE - Hitm4ns Addon Pack v6

Uploaded to Turran just now. Replace whole pack again.
Not so much done today Boo. More tomorrow.

2 games removed, 1 updated and 9 added.

Code:
REMOVED
 Parachute - Already included under the name AmigaParachute
 Delarith - Officially added by Damien in release 61 part 2 today

ADDED
 ATF II
 Badlands Pete
 The Blue & The Gray (HDF)
 Boulder Dash (Kingsoft)
 Boulder Dash Construction Kit (Wicked Software)
 BoulderDäsh (Guido Mersmann) (HDF)
 Boulderdash C64 (No One Inc)
 Bullys Sporting Darts
 Dizzy Diamonds

UPDATED
 Poing Collection - 2 more versions added
Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	atf.png
Views:	65
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	74919   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue.png
Views:	68
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	74920   Click image for larger version

Name:	boulder.png
Views:	70
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	74921   Click image for larger version

Name:	dizzyd.png
Views:	63
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	74922   Click image for larger version

Name:	pete.png
Views:	66
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	74923  

Old 02 March 2022, 00:07   #114
ransom1122

Just a FYI ATF II (Advanced Tactical Fighter II) has already been added by DD with it's AKA name Air Strike USA
Old 02 March 2022, 00:24   #115
hitm4n

Cheers, will remove it from my next pack upload.
Old 03 March 2022, 13:06   #116
hitm4n

DamienDs WinUAE - Hitm4ns Addon Pack v7

Still more to come...

1 game removed, 1 updated and 12 added.

Code:
REMOVED
  ATF II - Already included in Damiens under different name

UPDATED
 BoulderDäsh (Guido Mersmann) - Updated game to v5.25. Lots of games,
 gfx, music and caves in this archive, also no SW nag.

ADDED
 Fireball
 Jackman
 Litterbusters - The Game
 Task Force
 Time Bandit
 Zyrad II
 Player Manager
 Logistic
 logik
 Diskman
 Footballer Of The Year 2
 Plebs
Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pman.png
Views:	62
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	74931   Click image for larger version

Name:	logistic.png
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	74932   Click image for larger version

Name:	fireball.png
Views:	61
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	74933   Click image for larger version

Name:	zyrad2.png
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	74934   Click image for larger version

Name:	plebs.png
Views:	65
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	74935  

Old 03 March 2022, 18:36   #117
mrv2k

Just an observation, but it would be easier to find games with 'The' at the beginning of the name it it was moved to the end of the name. For example...

The Eire Raising Adventures Of Seamus OMally

to

Eire Raising Adventures Of Seamus OMally, The

Also, have you considered added DD's blank boxart image for consistancy?
Old 03 March 2022, 20:08   #118
hitm4n

Hi mrv2k.

I see why Damien did it with his set. The list of games starting with "The" was getting rather long. Mine are in the "unofficial" subfolder, not mixed with Damiens and we are only talking about 6 games at the moment. So i'm happy with them named as they are.

And i'm not doing box art.

People can do what they want with this pack, fix the naming if they feel they need to, add boxart if they want to.

New pack about to go up, 8 more games
Old 03 March 2022, 20:17   #119
hitm4n

DamienDs WinUAE - Hitm4ns Addon Pack v8

115 extra games for your collection

Still more to come...

0 games removed, 0 updated and 8 added (totalling 20 today)

Code:
REMOVED
  nothing

UPDATED
  nothing

ADDED
 Championship Manager '94 - End Of Season
 Mine Runner
 Poweroids
 Premier Manager 3 Deluxe
 Sargon III
 Shiftrix
 The Last Starfighter
 Zerberk
Feedback welcome.
Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mine.png
Views:	58
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	74942   Click image for larger version

Name:	power.png
Views:	58
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	74943   Click image for larger version

Name:	premier.png
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	74944   Click image for larger version

Name:	shift.png
Views:	56
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	74945   Click image for larger version

Name:	zerberk.png
Views:	57
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	74946  

Last edited by hitm4n; 03 March 2022 at 20:25. Reason: added line
Old 04 March 2022, 14:48   #120
hitm4n

Still setting games up, but got a bit stuck with this one. I can't seem to get the controls working, i even copied working control config lines from another working config and pasted to this config in an effort to fix. Maybe its the game? I'm probably overlooking something simple?

Can anyone test this game please and see if they can figure out why the games controls don't work? Game is in the zone, its got the usual "unofficial" folder setup and a config file. Loads HDF to workbench, final setup would have the icons "left out" but not got that far yet so you'll need to go into the "System" drive to access the games. Many thanks.

Hope i'm doing something dumb here...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gtitle.png
Views:	69
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	74960   Click image for larger version

Name:	green.png
Views:	68
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	74961