English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 June 2010, 14:39   #1
ImmortalA1000

Looking for some info about IFF ANIM+SLA format movies

I recently stumbled across a revision to the IFF ANIM format called ANIM+SLA.

This format includes the ability to play sounds with video. Sounds are standard IFF 8bit samples (8SVX) and video is either Anim5 or Anim7 format.

Here is the problem, ANIM+SLA has two distinct flavours. One loads the sound into memory in one chunk and streams the video. I'm not interested in this. BUT there is a second mode, which interleaves portions of video and audio to allow the streaming of synchronised sound and video together. The sound and video are split into chunks and alternated with the ANIM file.

Trouble is the only program on Amiga, BIGanim 4.0, I have found which supports ANIM+SLA only supports playback in the first not the second mode, ie the mode that mimmicks how AVI on PCs works.

Anyone have a program to both playback ANIM+SLA format videos from hard disk via streaming AND/OR create them? Would ADPro do this? ImageFX? Or is it the case that the ANIM+SLA format was invented the same time Commodore went bankrupt and so it never got proper support?

Google is rubbish here, 5 hits in total. I think I stumbled upon a page that mentions Dpaint 5 supports ANIM+SLA but which type and Dpaint doesn't allow you to add sound to animations does it?

Help appreciated.
Old 11 June 2010, 22:10   #2
ImmortalA1000

83 views and not a single person has a clue about synchronised audio/video Anim format for IFF lol
Old 12 June 2010, 01:13   #3
Amiga1992

Not really man, I read this with interest but I have not a flying fuck of a clue about this
Sorry!
Old 12 June 2010, 04:32   #4
andy
Back.

Are you only wanting access via the Amiga? Something like MultiShow wouldn't be any good for you? I only ask as both variants are mentioned in the specs. Perhaps you could e-mail the author to see if he could help or provide advice?

Trying a few options, I got the usual flood of links via Google and only a couple of possibilities through a direct Wiki search (not that Google wouldn't have trawled there already). There's been little of use so far and just about zero describing the format adequately or relating it to software.

More if I miraculously find it...!