English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 July 2009, 14:30   #1
TEOL

Newer Joypads Issues Thread [Mine Is PS3] For All New Pads

My PS3 controller is completely compatable with WinUAE but there is one problem that is really starting to annoy me now and that is that my fire button is always assigned in WinUAE as select instead of X which is of course annoying because whilst I'm fingering the joystick I can't exactly jump the full height on a game because the select button is right under the movement.

Any chance of implating a new joypad setup in the next version which lets you actually assign a button yourself with ease or at least assign fire to the right button for this type of pad which is button 15 whilst select is button 1 and the one it's assigned to.

Edit: Yeah the X Button is Button 15 on the PS3 pad anyway.

Anyone with a 360 or another newer controller having the same problem as this PS3 one? If WinUAE is going to fix the problems in the next revision, they need to know about every newer pad, not only the standard PS3 one without the rumble which I used and mentioned.

Last edited by TEOL; 10 July 2009 at 14:44.
Old 10 July 2009, 14:46   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Use the input panel to remap your button. Choose 'Configuration #1' and your joypad, reassign the button, done
Old 10 July 2009, 15:34   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Default is: first button = fire. There is no way to know physical position of buttons.

"Easy" input GUI: planned years ago, nothing has happened..
Old 10 July 2009, 19:19   #4
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Use the input panel to remap your button. Choose 'Configuration #1' and your joypad, reassign the button, done
There is no way of doing that. I know what menu part you're talking about, but it doesn't change on anything.

I hope this problem gets sorted in the next beta although Windows 7 compatability is probably the priority.
Old 10 July 2009, 19:25   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEOL View Post
There is no way of doing that.
Of course this works. As long as your buttons show up you can assign them to litterally anything (and deselect their default functions). You might want to try the 'Sawp 1<>2' button in the lower right of the panel or post what exactly your problem with that method is.
Old 10 July 2009, 19:38   #6
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

the list here (previously used for setting up e-uae on ps3 linux) should be the same as using the ps3 pad on windows;

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=517365&postcount=22

as you can see, 'select' is button #1 as Toni says. This is not something that will be "fixed" in future WinUAE versions, as it is not a fault of WinUAE!
Old 10 July 2009, 22:07   #7
kirk
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEOL View Post
My PS3 controller is completely compatable with WinUAE but there is one problem that is really starting to annoy me now and that is that my fire button is always assigned in WinUAE as select instead of X which is of course annoying because whilst I'm fingering the joystick I can't exactly jump the full height on a game because the select button is right under the movement.

Any chance of implating a new joypad setup in the next version which lets you actually assign a button yourself with ease or at least assign fire to the right button for this type of pad which is button 15 whilst select is button 1 and the one it's assigned to.

Edit: Yeah the X Button is Button 15 on the PS3 pad anyway.

Anyone with a 360 or another newer controller having the same problem as this PS3 one? If WinUAE is going to fix the problems in the next revision, they need to know about every newer pad, not only the standard PS3 one without the rumble which I used and mentioned.
I agree with druid, ave a play with input options.
by the way teol, what ps3 pad do you use (sixaxis or dualshock3) and do you use it wirelessly (bluetooth), and if so, how the hell did you manage that, i tried and failed--
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=45838