English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 26 July 2021, 11:21   #1
stevelord

Amiga Bluetooth Audio

I recently got a Deneb card, and am running Poseidon. Last week I belatedly took part in an old computing challenge, looking at OS3.2 and various things people think can't be done on the Amiga. I'll write my experiences up on my newsletter at the start of next month but one thing I thought worth sharing now was that I got Bluetooth audio working on my Amiga. How?

The Creative BT-W2 is about £20 all-in on ebay. I bought one a while ago for an OpenBSD laptop I have. OpenBSD doesn't have a Bluetooth stack, the W2 does the bluetooth for you. If your USB stack has a standard USB audio class it will probably work.

Plug in your device. Put your speaker in pair mode and pair the speaker using the dongle's button. Set up AHI and you're good with EaglePlayer, AmigaAMP, anything AHI. Sadly Paula is still wired only. I don't know if the W3 will work. There are volume mixer control differences and it's USB-C. Can report the W2 definitely works.
Old 26 July 2021, 14:50   #2
orphan264

Nifty!
Old 26 July 2021, 15:03   #3
crazyc

On my towered a1200 I just used a larger bluetooth dongle powered from a USB socket off the PSU but with a line in from the soundblaster card. Worked OK.
Dont use it any more as originally I had 2 amigas running into the speakers, 1 wired and one bluetooth, but now just down to the tower so am running it wired.