English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 31 January 2021, 23:38   #81
Havie
Registered User
Havie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,103
Thanks - I'll have a look and be more than happy to add to the game. I can start with 8 colour to see how it looks. Palette isn't a problem as I can use your palette in the game. If you want to improve the 8 colour version, you can reuse colours down the screen that I can change in game. For instance, I change the orange colour in space to white and the same for the swirl to the right of the planet.

So if you redraw the screen and think carefully about which colours you use that don't overlap on the same line then I can probably get pretty close to the 32 colour background.
Havie is offline  
Old 01 February 2021, 11:08   #82
Marskilla
Registered User
Marskilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nantes - France
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havie View Post
Thanks - I'll have a look and be more than happy to add to the game. I can start with 8 colour to see how it looks. Palette isn't a problem as I can use your palette in the game. If you want to improve the 8 colour version, you can reuse colours down the screen that I can change in game. For instance, I change the orange colour in space to white and the same for the swirl to the right of the planet.

So if you redraw the screen and think carefully about which colours you use that don't overlap on the same line then I can probably get pretty close to the 32 colour background.
I'm not sure I get it... Here is what I did...

First, I grabed the colors you used in this image :



Then, I created a 16 colors palette which begin with the 7 colors you used and added 9 colors I need, and made a 320x200 background :



Here is a 1:1 viewing of the image :



I think this might be ok (it's looking better than the 8 colors version). I attached the file to the post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TaitoBack16.Iff.zip (9.5 KB, 35 views)
Marskilla is offline  
Old 01 February 2021, 11:21   #83
Marskilla
Registered User
Marskilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nantes - France
Posts: 137
And for you to have the whole set, I'll attach to this message the 24bits version with all the colors.


24 bits


32 colors


16 colors, including yours


8 colors

(If you want I can also upload the original Mame file)
Attached Files
File Type: zip TaitoBack24Bits.Iff.zip (88.9 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by Marskilla; 01 February 2021 at 11:30.
Marskilla is offline  
Old 01 February 2021, 21:15   #84
Havie
Registered User
Havie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,103
That's great - thanks. I will have a play and let you know when it's an option!
Havie is offline  
Old 11 February 2021, 01:16   #85
Havie
Registered User
Havie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,103
Sorry - got a bit side tracked with the SF2 thread and put together a simple proof of concept demo!

Anyway, here is the latest beta of Space Invaders. I think I have caught most of the bugs as well as optimising the speed (I realised I was checking 165 times when I only needed to do 56) so in my tests on WinUAE, it runs full speed on an A500.

Also added Marskilla's background (thanks) to the game.

You can now cycle through the two backgrounds or no background by press B.
1 or 2 chose the colour of the overlays.

Happy playing and let me know if you have any problems.

https://eab.abime.net/zone/Space%20Invaders.adf
Havie is offline  
Old 11 February 2021, 13:04   #86
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,267
Nice one Havie

Will check it out shortly
DamienD is offline  
Old 11 February 2021, 13:35   #87
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,267
Hmmm, my background is no longer the default

Also, the moon is now yellow as opposed to orange:
I guess this was done to make teh 2 x backgrounds different enough...
DamienD is offline  
Old 11 February 2021, 15:44   #88
zzbylu
Saberman

zzbylu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kielce/Poland
Posts: 166
Gameplay: [ Show youtube player ]
zzbylu is offline  
Old 11 February 2021, 16:51   #89
Havie
Registered User
Havie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,103
You're very quick! And I can see some colour bugs! Thank you.
Havie is offline  
Old 11 February 2021, 16:53   #90
Havie
Registered User
Havie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Hmmm, my background is no longer the default

Also, the moon is now yellow as opposed to orange:
I guess this was done to make teh 2 x backgrounds different enough...
Not a conscious choice - just because I was playing with the other background.

Moon colour is a mistake and comes from the fact that I was doing the palette colours wrong (was using 0-256 instead of 0-15: OCS/ECS v AGA). I will correct this and put your moon first!
Havie is offline  
Old 11 February 2021, 17:35   #91
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,267
You don't need to put my background first and can leave as is if you like; it's your game

The yellow though makes seeing bullets more difficult than when it was orange, but you can leave this too for something different.
DamienD is offline  
Old 11 February 2021, 18:00   #92
Havie
Registered User
Havie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,103
No, want it be as authentic as I can make is so will sort the colour out!
Havie is offline  
Old 12 February 2021, 00:23   #93
Havie
Registered User
Havie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,103
Have done some bug hunting and added a few more things. Most notably, now you can shoot the Invaders bullets (or to be more precise - they shoot yours) except for the 'plunger' that destroys your shot but carries on.

Damien's moon is back to orange too!

Readme file now present on the disk with lots of thank yous (have to load WB first to see readme).

Hopefully all good to go?

I have one more possible overlay to do and then I'll stop and upload it to my website!

https://eab.abime.net/zone/Space%20Invaders.adf
Havie is offline  
Old 12 February 2021, 00:49   #94
Havie
Registered User
Havie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
I was thinking something like this...



only because this was how the one in my fish & chip shop looked
I forgot about this request - have had a play around and can do this for you!
Havie is offline  
Old 13 February 2021, 10:59   #95
Marskilla
Registered User
Marskilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nantes - France
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havie View Post
(...)here is the latest beta of Space Invaders. I think I have caught most of the bugs as well as optimising the speed (I realised I was checking 165 times when I only needed to do 56) so in my tests on WinUAE, it runs full speed on an A500.

Also added Marskilla's background (thanks) to the game.

You can now cycle through the two backgrounds or no background by press B.
1 or 2 chose the colour of the overlays.

Happy playing and let me know if you have any problems.

https://eab.abime.net/zone/Space%20Invaders.adf
Wow it's very nice ! Well done

Maybe some more improvements :
* cannot swap back ground / color layout until gameplay
* cannot launch the game during demo
* sometimes there are alien artefacts on the background after blowing up aliens.
Marskilla is offline  
Old 13 February 2021, 15:49   #96
Havie
Registered User
Havie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marskilla View Post
Wow it's very nice ! Well done

Maybe some more improvements :
* cannot swap back ground / color layout until gameplay
* cannot launch the game during demo
* sometimes there are alien artefacts on the background after blowing up aliens.
Glad you like it and I will look at adding these...
Havie is offline  
Old 13 February 2021, 21:03   #97
Macca
Zone Friend
Macca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 676
As I said in DD's post - some good old fashioned invadering

I enjoyed it the short time I've managed to get on it so far!



M.
Macca is offline  
Old 16 February 2021, 02:43   #98
r.cade
Registered User
r.cade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Augusta, Georgia, USA
Posts: 425
Send a message via AIM to r.cade Send a message via MSN to r.cade Send a message via Yahoo to r.cade
Great game!

If nobody already noted -

Shooting the invaders bullets/missile should not make the same sound as destroying an invader. It should make no sound.

The last invader(s) should be much faster.

At the end of the round, the missile base is left behind (a ghost) until I move across it again.
r.cade is offline  
Old 17 February 2021, 00:04   #99
Havie
Registered User
Havie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,103
Thanks for the feedback - sorted now. Just one more game killing error to find...
Havie is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Space Invaders Code Toki Coders. Blitz Basic 51 24 December 2020 21:54
A500 Space Invaders MB revision rossb support.Hardware 20 22 October 2019 20:45
SPACE INVADERS samples? volvo_0ne request.Modules 5 28 February 2018 22:16
[Found: Mr Wobbly Leg Versus The Invaders From Space] Space-Invaders game? Dindel Looking for a game name ? 5 06 March 2008 10:05
Super Space Invaders (WHDLOAD) Retro1234 request.Old Rare Games 3 30 October 2006 20:12

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.16344 seconds with 14 queries