English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 24 October 2021, 21:30   #1
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Problem Copying a iso 647MB file to HDF thats 2GB

I trying it copy it over with Dopus and it says its size is 679376896 bytes and it tries the copy it then after a while it always says the HD is full...?

I made the HDF in WinUAE and put in the box 2000MB for its size.
In windows it says the iso file is 647MB.

So I do not know why its using all the space on it.

What I am trying to do is run Gary's CD32 200 Games ISO on P-UAE via THEC64 with PCUAE(Project Carouse USB, its a mod I made so you can run other emulators as modes on THEC64 then just play games in its carousel, you can even play Atari XL/XE and ST games in it now), I have already got Amiga Emulation working in it using Retroarch so can load games using Tiny Launcher... I can run the 200 games cd as a iso on my HDF copy of my CF card that was in my A1700, it loads ok in that, its weird, like its bigger than 2GB, unless it thinks the HDF file is smaller than 2GB, but in Dopus is say its size is 1.9G.

In Dopus what's the black bars above the drives name(DH3:ISO/DH3_0:ISO) are they showing what space is left on them cause they look the same..?

HDF Size in Workbench

Last edited by spannernick; 24 October 2021 at 23:17.
Old 25 October 2021, 09:30   #2
thomas

Is it a partitioned HDF (RDB mode) or a traditional HDF?

Which file system did you use?

OFS has a partition size limit of around 40 MB and misbehaves badly on anything larger.
Old 25 October 2021, 10:19   #3
spannernick
Retro Nuts

I used PFS like I used on my CF on my A1700, max transfer to 0x1fe00 and buffers 300...?
I made a copy of my CF card as a HDF file and that works ok in WinUAE, it already has the iso file in it, that where I am copying it from, thats 3.7GB, I need smaller size HDF cause P-UAE dose not support 4 GB HDFs so I am try to spilt the HDF into smaller ones.

I got Classic Workbench working on a smaller HDF 1GB so it boot up the same as my CF did.

I do not thinks I use RDB mode, you press a button to activate it in the HD settings and I didn't, should I enable it...?

I have to say thanks to Toni, cause I would of not got this far without WinUAE, getting it to work on P-UAE in Retroarch, I used it to make its UAE file so it works on P-UAE...

Last edited by spannernick; 25 October 2021 at 10:56.
Old 25 October 2021, 11:42   #4
spannernick
Retro Nuts

I enabled RDB mode by pressing the Full drive/RDB mode button and the HDF Drive has disappeared from Workbench ...?

I use PFS cause it works better with ISO files and the cd32 emulator, if I use FFS then when its loading from the ISO it makes the cd sound shudders and so it needs a quicker file system for it to work, on FFS its like it pause the sound from the ISO image so if its playing a talkie game like Simon then it would keep pausing the talking every 2 to 3 seconds with a 2 second gap, so the sound is stuttering, it dose not do that on PFS.

Last edited by spannernick; 25 October 2021 at 12:26.
Old 25 October 2021, 20:01   #5
spannernick
Retro Nuts

I figured out a workaround for it by mounting the iso in Classic Workbench with Disk ImageCtrl and copying the content of the iso to the HDF instead and noticed the iso image was named CD32 so rename the HD that name too, then booted it in Amiga CD32 mode in WinUAE and added the HDF file to it and named its device as CD0 and it loaded, like it was loading from the CD... so its working now, just need to make a startup sequence for it so it boots from the Amiga Boot Selector now...

Last edited by spannernick; 25 October 2021 at 20:11.
Old 26 October 2021, 00:53   #6
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannernick View Post
I enabled RDB mode by pressing the Full drive/RDB mode button and the HDF Drive has disappeared from Workbench ...?

I use PFS cause it works better with ISO files and the cd32 emulator, if I use FFS then when its loading from the ISO it makes the cd sound shudders and so it needs a quicker file system for it to work, on FFS its like it pause the sound from the ISO image so if its playing a talkie game like Simon then it would keep pausing the talking every 2 to 3 seconds with a 2 second gap, so the sound is stuttering, it dose not do that on PFS.

To check if you have PFS from the Workbench right click on Disk Info.