English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 21 August 2020, 21:49   #141
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSoniq View Post
Oops, sorry, my fault! Yes, you're right, it was running out of stack so I traced it and forgot to turn it off before release.
Doesn't do any harm. Will be gone again soon.

It wouldn't be the users fault, would it? Flogging you with a wet floppy noodle!! Haha!

Yeah, I noticed it doesn't. Also watched with SnoopDOS. It was pretty quick that I clued in to what happened. Because of this (Haaaahaaaa...haaaa) I'll not use this program again. Indeed, I Am joking. Wink.

It's one sweeeeeet program!!

@AMIGASYSTEMS

This skins are really sweet looking. Well done!
Old 04 September 2020, 19:26   #142
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSoniq View Post
The analyzer (the colourful dancing lines) can't work because they need software-decoded audio. But MHI devices do all decoding AND playback in hardware, so there's no decoded data that AmigaAMP can display.
The equalizer (the 60 .. 170 .. 310 .. sliders) partially works. Prisma Megamix doesn't support all of the frequency bands, just bass, mid and treble. Theoretically it also supports "midbass" and "midhigh" but I don't know if the driver for this ever made it beyond beta state...
Didn't see your reply. So is it possible to enable equalizer on Prisma Megamix now?
Old 05 September 2020, 12:09   #143
starship

Tried 3.28 on os3.9 with megamix. Equaliser Not working on me.and analyzer of course.
Old 08 September 2020, 23:07   #144
TuKo
Apollo Team

Crashes on VBR files when skipping into playing song are back for me with latest version on WinUAE 040+JIT.

I'm using mpega.library 2.4 (13.09.1999) for 68020/030.

What mpega.library are you guys using ?

Last edited by TuKo; 11 September 2020 at 08:02.
Old 09 September 2020, 00:27   #145
AMIGASYSTEM

I use a v2.4 CPU 040 version from 2004

http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/mpega_libmad

Tested also 2.4 (13.09.1999) 40/60/FPU and everything works well with MP3 VBR

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 09 September 2020 at 01:18.
Old 09 September 2020, 05:13   #146
AC/DC HACKER!

AmigaAMP 3.28 was also causing some lags with WinUAE. I went back to 3.26 and so far all is doing well...but I haven't checked it much yet. Using Software, Decoder, WarpOS mpega.lib.
Old 09 September 2020, 08:42   #147
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
AmigaAMP 3.28 was also causing some lags with WinUAE. I went back to 3.26 and so far all is doing well...but I haven't checked it much yet. Using Software, Decoder, WarpOS mpega.lib.

I guess it depends on the Amiga operating system, and CPU used, the PC sound card, and especially on Windows activity.

I use an old DualCore PC with a Creative SB Audigy audio card and with AmigaAMP 3.28 I can play several MP3s at once without problems, see video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_L4...ew?usp=sharing
Old 09 September 2020, 09:22   #148
AC/DC HACKER!

OS used? More hardware...well, for OS 3.xx. Which WinUAE emulates (well/great). So far, Toni and team have done extremely well to be sure Windows version (Software) doesn't play a major roll (to simplify).

Your old Dual Core is pure crap!!! (Pauses for affect...) I AM indeed joking, AMIGASYSTEM. My humor is best in person...anyway... My older ASUS runs WinUAE VERY well, and it's 2010!! So...OS? Sure, as the programmer notes. OS 3.0+. It's best with a 68zer040/zer060..and boosts with a PPC. Now, that's hardware related! WinUAE..?? Depends on PPC code. You Know Whahhhat I mean??

I haven't used AmigaAMP in a long time without PPC code in some way. I'll check that some time.
Old 09 September 2020, 09:33   #149
AMIGASYSTEM

I don't know if I understood correctly but if you emulate an Amiga OS3 PPC then it's normal to have problems because the PPC is not yet perfect on WinUAE.

Try using an OS3.9 BB4 + RTG + AHI 6.7 system and you'll see how things change.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 09 September 2020 at 09:51.
Old 13 September 2020, 05:11   #150
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I don't know if I understood correctly but if you emulate an Amiga OS3 PPC then it's normal to have problems because the PPC is not yet perfect on WinUAE.

Try using an OS3.9 BB4 + RTG + AHI 6.7 system and you'll see how things change.

Nothing is perfect. Perfect means without flaws or should never be altered because of a state of Perfection (Done!). Nothing is that way, not even the Cosmos.

PPC emulation isn't perfect because..look at the definition. The Chips aren't perfect either..nor is the software made for them. For Amiga, things Seem perfect as they have been for many years. Yet, OS 3.1.4.

Of course PPC isn't "perfect" with WinUAE...perfection isn't possible. BUT, getting the WinUAE software to match the actual Hardware is what they're attempting to do.

The very best programmers are always forward thinkers...considering the now, and the future. Driven by personal passion.

My Main config has been for years now, A4K CSPPC+Picasso 4+CVision. Matching my hardware. I don't care for OS 3.9, it has several problems. I'll leave it at that. OS 3.1.4+ is moving past those problems.
Old 13 September 2020, 08:07   #151
AMIGASYSTEM

What problems would OS3.9 have, I find it to be the best OS3 Amiga right now, OS 3.1.4 fixed something but it's still an OS 3.1 update so less updated than OS 3.9.
Old 14 September 2020, 22:02   #152
Weaselrama
Registered Voter

Quote:
What problems would OS3.9 have, I find it to be the best OS3 Amiga right now, OS 3.1.4 fixed something but it's still an OS 3.1 update so less updated than OS 3.9.
I for one, get tired of reading about the so-called superiority of 3.1.4 over 3.9. I've yet to see it practically demonstrated.
Old 14 September 2020, 22:23   #153
apex

AmigaAMP Released

Quote:
OS 3.1.4 fixed something but it's still an OS 3.1 update so less updated than OS 3.9.

Please inform before posting such wrong information.
Old 14 September 2020, 22:31   #154
AMIGASYSTEM

@apex
I have only written what I have noticed, if it is wrong for you ok

@Weaselrama
It is not a problem of superiority, as said 3.1.4 is just an update of OS 3.1 and except for a few fixes it lacks many new and modern features that OS 3.9 has

Those who say the opposite probably don't know OS 3.9 well and don't know the improvements made by the various BoingBags.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 14 September 2020 at 23:05.
Old 14 September 2020, 22:44   #155
Weaselrama
Registered Voter

Quote:
It is not a problem of superiority, as said 3.1.4 is just an update of OS 3.1 and except for a few fixes it lacks many new and modern features that OS 3.9 has.

Those who say the opposite probably don't know OS 3.9 well and don't know the improvements made by the various BoingBags.
All one has to do is compare the preferences apps in 3.1.4 to the preferences apps in 3.9, not to mention the Workbench menu, to see the stark improvements 3.9 offers over 3.1.4. I gave 3.1.4 a good go, installing it from scratch with the same specifications in FS-UAE as I gave 3.9. 3.1.4's lack of functionality drove me insane - it wasn't much different from running 3.1. I for one am grateful for the money I spent on the 3.5/3.9 CD and ROM set which addressed that lack of functionality and helped turn Amiga OS3 into something that resembled a more modern OS.

I would never, ever mention this if it wasn't for the fact that so many 3.1.4 users on EAB slam 3.9 based on the opinions of others without ever having actually and honestly compared the two for themselves. 3.1.4 initially offered, if I'm not mistaken, some ROM and WB patches unavailable when 3.9 was released. This was easily addressed by users of 3.9 after the fact.
Old 15 September 2020, 02:42   #156
coldacid
WinUAE 4000/40, V4SA

AMIGASYSTEM, Weaselrama: Are you guys arguing the same point with each other? From my perspective, you two both agree that 3.9 is better than 3.1.4 but think that the other party disagrees with you.
Old 15 September 2020, 03:03   #157
AC/DC HACKER!

If you're insane how are you able to formulate messages? The Insane have a very difficult time communicating. Wink! I've used 3.9 a bit and it looks very good. It is Fast, I enjoyed that it changed how Fast RAM and Chip RAM were used. 3.9 is / was a big improvement to 3.5..if you rely on Chip Vs FAST. If you do a lot of stuff without Workbench being loaded, it's a bitch to deal with. Especially if you create a lot of scripts for stuff.
Or menus to do things... 3.1.4(.1) solves a lot that including Chip vs FAST RAM access. I also really dig the Workbench off screen dragging...sooo, so useful when using Picasso 4 or standard AGA. I'm very excited for OS 3.2. Again, if you're ONLY using Workbench to play AmigaAMP, or WHDLoad games, or WB related stuff...enjoy 3.9. Some older games just don't function well with 3.9, also...without being patched. Some of us were gone for a while from Amiga because of our lives. When I returned, I didn't know some stuff had been updated.

I do NOT at all care for how 3.9 implements SetPatch and KingCON. So, after using it for a bit...I've "gone" (3.1) 3.5, and 3.1.4.1. Soon, and I see not any reason not to..OS 3.2. Amiga isn't a daily usage as it was back in A500, A4000 days. I'd embrace it fully if it were.

PPC code..shall become much better if someone actively cares or a multitude of programmers care enough to do something. You also have to take into account PPC bugs, and WinUAE updates. As well as Personal Computer hardware and Windows versions. Ergo, nothing is Perfect! Pretty good?? Sure! Very close? Perhaps.

Anyway, I don't mean to help stray from the thread.
Old 15 September 2020, 03:09   #158
Weaselrama
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldacid View Post
AMIGASYSTEM, Weaselrama: Are you guys arguing the same point with each other? From my perspective, you two both agree that 3.9 is better than 3.1.4 but think that the other party disagrees with you.
Not at all. He and I have discussed this before and we are on the same page. His English is via Google translate so you might misinterpret his meaning. We are both OS 3.9 users and prefer it over 3.1.4.
Old 15 September 2020, 22:42   #159
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldacid View Post
I never said it is better OS 3.9, i just said it is more advanced and more modern.
Old 15 September 2020, 23:03   #160
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
I also really dig the Workbench off screen dragging...sooo, so useful when using Picasso 4 or standard AGA.
Even with OS 3.9 you can do screen dragging, with PowerWindowsNG or by integrating the 3.1.4 library

Quote:
Some older games just don't function well with 3.9, also...without being patched.
Which games don't work? and with which CPU and how much RAM?

OS 3.2 is something else, here we are talking about an innovative and more advanced OS than OS 3.1.4