English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 19 August 2013, 16:37   #1
TomCrazy

A shaolin game

This is something I remembered playing on the A500 when I was a kid. For years I have been trying to figure out the title of this game, but have still not managed to do so.

It's a kind of shaolin fighting game. It's not Full Contact, but I remember it having maybe a few similarities to Full Contact.
You see the character from the side, just like in Full Contact, Steet Fighter 2 or any other fighting game.
However, it was not just an ordinary fighting game with two characters on the screen fighting each other. I remember that the main character was one shaolin monk that was going through a variety of different tests. So rather than fighting another person, there were tree logs coming rolling at you that you either had to avoid or kick down, and similar things like that.
The game did not have a scrolling screen as I can remember. Just one still picture as a background for each stage.

Because of all these tests you had to go through, I can almost imagine that the game could have a name like "Shaolin Games" (instead of Summer Games, Winter Games, California Games etc), but that is of course just an imaginary game name from my side and has probably nothing to do with the actual name.

I don't remember if you can play two players at the same time. I only remember playing it by myself as a kid. I don't remember fighting another shaolin character in the game, all I remember is all these things coming at you, and you have to pass the tests in order to proceed in the game.

I am very certain I played this on my A500 back in the day.

Update:
While writing this post, I searched youtube for "Shaolin Amiga" and I found a game called "Chambers of Shaolin". This might be it. It looks extremely similar to the game that I have an image of in my head, but I'm still not 100% convinced.
Do you guys have any other suggestions of game titles for A500 that would fit under this description, and is very similar to Chambers of Shaolin?
I would like to look up as many game titles as possible that is fitting this description in order to find out whether or not Chambers of Shaolin is the one I'm looking for.
Old 19 August 2013, 16:41   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

Try http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?...C&limitstart=0
Old 19 August 2013, 17:05   #3
TomCrazy

@s2325
Thanks, it was interesting to have a look at that webpage. I have now been going through the whole list of fighting games on that list, but I couldn't find any screenshots that are particularily close to the game I'm looking for.
Maybe the game I'm looking for is Chambers of Shaolin after all. I will try to start that up on my Amiga and see if I can recall some of the scenes during gameplay.
Please feel free to come up with other suggestions of similar game titles in the meantime.
Thanks.
Old 19 August 2013, 17:14   #4
s2325
Zone Friend

I think International Karate +, Full Contact and Chambers of Shaolin are only Amiga fighting games with various challenges.
Old 19 August 2013, 20:42   #5
Subzero
Living and Legend

iam sure its Chambers of Shaolin he meant!...