English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 15 July 2020, 16:14   #61
solarmon

Please let me know if that works for you or not.
Old 24 November 2021, 01:29   #62
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Would it be better to have a config for A500(kick13.rom) and A1200(kick31.rom) for ADF files cause not all of them work with A1200, older games crash on the A1200 or on kickstart 3.1.

Last edited by spannernick; 24 November 2021 at 01:46.
Old 24 November 2021, 15:51   #63
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Is this dead...?

I had a idea...

Copy and rename one of the templates to `template.json` to use it
so it replaces the one already there.

How To...
Copy `template_A500.json` and paste it in the same folder so its a copy of the file,
`template_A500 - Copy.json` now delete `template.json` and rename `template_A500 - Copy.json`
to `template.json`
Now UCG will use that template.
Its so you can change gameslist and change the kickstart, so like if you want to scan a folder with Demos in you just change the template to `template_Demos.json`and rename it

I am using this with PCUAE and P-UAE, it now included with PCUAE so you can make UAE file cause PCUAE uses the older version of P-UAE in Retroarch that needs a UAE file to run games with.

PCUAE has nothing to do with WinUAE, its stands for Project Carousel USB - Anniversary Edition, it runs on THEC64 Mini, THEC64 Maxi and THEVIC 20 by Retro Games LTD, PCUAE is like Hackchi. It was created by me and if you look for PCUAE on Google you find it in the first listing, I made it for me cause I wanted to be able to play my own games on THEC64 Mini Carousel using a USB Stick to store them on and no one was interested in hacking the machines, so I did...

Last edited by spannernick; 24 November 2021 at 16:20.
Old 25 November 2021, 10:25   #64
solarmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannernick View Post
Is this dead...?

I had a idea...

Copy and rename one of the templates to `template.json` to use it
so it replaces the one already there.

How To...
Copy `template_A500.json` and paste it in the same folder so its a copy of the file,
`template_A500 - Copy.json` now delete `template.json` and rename `template_A500 - Copy.json`
to `template.json`
Now UCG will use that template.
Its so you can change gameslist and change the kickstart, so like if you want to scan a folder with Demos in you just change the template to `template_Demos.json`and rename it

I am using this with PCUAE and P-UAE, it now included with PCUAE so you can make UAE file cause PCUAE uses the older version of P-UAE in Retroarch that needs a UAE file to run games with.

PCUAE has nothing to do with WinUAE, its stands for Project Carousel USB - Anniversary Edition, it runs on THEC64 Mini, THEC64 Maxi and THEVIC 20 by Retro Games LTD, PCUAE is like Hackchi. It was created by me and if you look for PCUAE on Google you find it in the first listing, I made it for me cause I wanted to be able to play my own games on THEC64 Mini Carousel using a USB Stick to store them on and no one was interested in hacking the machines, so I did...
Hi,

I haven't touched UCG for a long time. I would need to re-learn what I did!

You PCUAE solution looks interesting. Do you think this would work (or be applicable) on the TheA500mini?
Old 27 April 2022, 15:19   #65
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarmon View Post
Hi,

I haven't touched UCG for a long time. I would need to re-learn what I did!

You PCUAE solution looks interesting. Do you think this would work (or be applicable) on the TheA500mini?
I can now answer this now A500 Mini is released, yes you can, it uses Amiberry so it uses UAE files... you could get UCG to work with it.

You need to use the uae files on the USB Stick and they are called `The_name_of_the_lha_file_ol.uae` they are in the `THEA500-Games` folder named what ever lha you loaded in the A500 Mini, you can edit them to make it load something else like Workbench... I found it on the day I got THEA500 Mini so on the 8th April..

Video of it loading Workbench from a HDF file using Citadelv1.3.lha

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by spannernick; 27 April 2022 at 15:40.
Old 27 April 2022, 23:04   #66
solarmon

@spannernick,

I also got myself an A500mini (two in fact!).

I have already made a start to adapting UCG to support it - it even makes the dummy .LHA to go with the _ol.uae file.

I just need to find more time to improve it further and doing a 0.7beta release.