English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 11 January 2009, 00:07   #1
pubzombie

great forum support from members and amigakit.com

just want to say cheers for the responses to my noobism and how impressed i am by support speed and effort from amigakit.
cheers all
Old 11 January 2009, 00:13   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

You're very welcome, mate!

When you've been around here for a bit longer, you'll see that it's even more rewarding to help other users than it is to receive help.

And thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by prowler; 11 January 2009 at 00:41.
Old 11 January 2009, 11:24   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Good to hear you like it here pubzombie and that you got back into the Amiga with the help from this forum Hope you stay with us mate
Old 11 January 2009, 21:57   #4
pubzombie

cheers guys,
i will in for the long haul. I went to a retro event yesterday and the folks there were really wonderful and helpful also, so i feel very welcome and at home. The miggy is going to be my main project for 2009 closely followed by getting all my C64 stuff working again. i think i will have a go at programming the miggy eventualy. i work as a historian, and started working on a project last year about the history of the flight simulation industry and the crossover between the military and entertainment industries. I have always been a dedicated gamer so retro gaming is great for me and a combination of work and hobby.
pz
ps after yesterday i regret throwing away or selling all my old gaming systems
Old 11 January 2009, 22:00   #5
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubzombie View Post
...after yesterday i regret throwing away or selling all my old gaming systems
Hi PZ,

Yes, now that GameStation has pulled out of the Retro Gaming market, these old gaming systems are getting much more difficult to get hold of here in the UK.

prowler
Old 11 January 2009, 23:12   #6
pubzombie

i noticed the lack of retro stuff in GS. I got hold of some nice game cube stuff a few weeks ago, but when i went back the other day a lot of stuff had gone. I asked why they were stopping it and the guy at the counter didnt know. Shame. perhaps we ahould all get resident evil manbags and gears of war dolls instead. I have been after some original xbox titles such as Call of Cuthulu and have noticed that a few big retailers have stopped doing xbox and second hand games. wonder why? surely with the credit crunch, buyers are looking for cheaper gaming and the retro crowd is growing everyday. I imagine ebay is getting more business these days and its just another reason to stay away from the high street and shop online.
Old 11 January 2009, 23:25   #7
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
i noticed the lack of retro stuff in GS. I got hold of some nice game cube stuff a few weeks ago, but when i went back the other day a lot of stuff had gone. I asked why they were stopping it and the guy at the counter didnt know.
The reason why GameStation have pulled out of the Retro Gaming market is because they have merged with or been bought out by the 'Game' chain of stores. I'm not surprised that the GS employee didn't know the answer. Very often these people are among the last to find out such things (unless they read the newspapers).

Quote:
I have been after some original xbox titles such as Call of Cuthulu and have noticed that a few big retailers have stopped doing xbox and second hand games. wonder why? surely with the credit crunch, buyers are looking for cheaper gaming and the retro crowd is growing everyday. I imagine ebay is getting more business these days and its just another reason to stay away from the high street and shop online.
I agree. This week when I visied my local GS, the Xbox and GameCube stuff had all but disappeared. I really think that this is the wrong time for them to have made that decision.

Last edited by prowler; 11 January 2009 at 23:45. Reason: Corrected closing quote.