English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 09 March 2009, 06:38   #1
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Cracking Help Request...

Hello all.

I have a BIG request for anyone here that is able to crack "Manual Protection" in a game. The game in question is "Balkanski Konflikt" - a very rare (and unreleased as it seems almost noone has it) game that just came up with the help of Don Adan. The game is on 2 disks and the first disk file "igra1" needs cracking to bypass Code Protection (not sure if it is generated or a list yet). The game is about the war in ex-Yugoslavia, mostly strategy and politics oriented (to reflect the state of economly in those countries back then) but it also has 7 arcade parts - not sure really of the quality of those since I never saw the game actually go past the manual protection. The biggest problem is that the game seems to be build in AMOS (atleast the code entry protection is, I am pretty sure the game itself is ASM, but we need to see that) so it is pretty hard to crack (who would of though? ).
Please - if anyone is able to help me crack it - contact me. You can get the game and the fixed files in this thread :

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=519057

Best regards,
Tomaz
Old 09 March 2009, 13:03   #2
RedskullDC
Digital Corruption

Hi Tomcat,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat666 View Post
Hello all.
I am pretty sure the game itself is ASM, but we need to see that) so it is pretty hard to crack (who would of though? ).
Just downloaded, will take a look later in the week if time permits.

Normal AMOS exe's aren't that hard actually, once you get past the 'mickey-mouse' loader. May not be the case with this game though ...

Cheers,
Red
Old 09 March 2009, 13:46   #3
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskullDC View Post
Hi Tomcat,

Just downloaded, will take a look later in the week if time permits.

Normal AMOS exe's aren't that hard actually, once you get past the 'mickey-mouse' loader. May not be the case with this game though ...

Cheers,
Red
I already had a look and got bored with it, AMOS 'code' == suxx0r! And I'm pretty sure the game code is NOT ASM. Anyway, have fun Redskull.
Old 09 March 2009, 13:48   #4
RedskullDC
Digital Corruption

Disk #1 appears to have a checksum error on Block #57 which is part of the igra2 file.

Red
Old 09 March 2009, 13:49   #5
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Disk #1 appears to have a checksum error on Block #57 which is part of the igra2 file.

Red
You can run the game anyway, the copy protection screen will at least appear. :P
Old 09 March 2009, 14:46   #6
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Quote:

Red
First, thank you Red for taking this on (also thank you everyone else that tried, I know amos code is bad ). I hope you will be succesfull.

The "igra2" file has a checksum error, but Don Adan said it might be a part of copy protection since he was able to reconstruct the file (altough he is not sure if he cut the correct 2048 bytes because of FFS headers). The fixed file is here : http://pc.sux.org/tomcat/igra2.zip , but if you run it as standalone it needs some sort of status file. I guess we will know if his igra2 repair was OK when igra1 gets cracked

Again, thanx for taking it on Red !
Old 09 March 2009, 19:53   #7
clenched

Let me know if these work for you. I'm afraid I can't read what come on the computer monitor so I dont know if it's asking for further pass codes or what. Had to keep clicking mouse to make game start though.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Konflikt_Kodes.txt (12.7 KB, 244 views)
Old 09 March 2009, 21:12   #8
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Hello cleched!

The codes seem to work OK!

But I cannot get the game to start... How did you make the game start after you entered the code ? If I use the original disks (with errored igra2 file on disk1) then it doesn't start, if I use the "fixed" igra2 file then I always get "Insert Status Disk" and after inserting disk1 I get "There is no Status on disk" message

Edit: Actually it seems it works fine ! After you insert the correct code you must click either on the top-left part where it says "STATUS" on the floppy disk - it will then want to load the status from the disk (hehe) or bottom-right on the joystick where it says "START GAME" - ofcourse all in cyrillic. After starting the game you enter your name and your party name and then you start the game, which is a bit confusing for most of us since it is all in cyrilic. I replaced the main font on the disk with the topaz 8 font, but that doesn't have much meaning since the in-game font is built-in ;-). So the game seems to be working for now YAY !

BIG thanx to clenched, StingRay and RedSkull for the help ! In the end the good old code list prevaled

Last edited by tomcat666; 09 March 2009 at 21:27.
Old 09 March 2009, 21:31   #9
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Also big thanx to Jason for de-protecting the game and making it bootable on KS1.3. Check the zone !
Old 10 March 2009, 10:30   #10
tomcat666
Retro Freak

OK, Played the game for a while and it seems it is working... In the first part (after the code check) you setup your election campaign, in the second part you distribute your budget for the last 3 months of the campaign, then you get to the "main" game part - if your party won the elections then your mouse pointer is visible in the main part, otherwise it is not. Anyway, in the main part you play the head of the country, but unfortunetly it seems to GURU everytime you get to an arcade part - probably because "igra3" is missing... If anyone wants to try this "main" part of the game, here is the save state for winuae : http://pc.sux.org/tomcat/BalkanskiWin.zip (I actually won the elections here so the mouse pointer is visible). Make sure you have first disk in df0: and second disk in df1: (and they are both enabled). Also make sure you have 512k chip and 512k slow ram enabled and ks1.3 as rom

TC
Old 14 June 2009, 01:25   #11
NPI

I was totally unaware of this topic

could you post those two disks again? (Balkan13CrackedLatin.adf and disk2.adf)
Old 14 June 2009, 09:27   #12
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Hi NPI !

Its in the zone for you. Have fun.

btw. since you are from Belgrade, I have to ask if you have anything to add to our homepage of ex-YU programs (http://retrospec.sgn.net/users/tomcat/yu) ?
Old 14 June 2009, 21:15   #13
NPI

Thanks.

no I have nothing to add, but it will be nice if you rearrange the games as commercial/Public Domain and wares/unreleased
Old 15 June 2009, 16:21   #14
tomcat666
Retro Freak

No time to do that... especially since I have put in hundreds of hours and got almost no feedback or gratitude so far - and its been up for years now. Also the number of people willing to help with anything is really low... its gonna stay as it is, I will only add the stuff I get once or twice per year...