English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 28 April 2023, 18:44   #81
pngcan

Just got mine from Sordan, and with the bluetooth dongle it works flawlessly on my 1200. Very happy with it.
Old 30 April 2023, 16:01   #82
btp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairmand View Post
Whilst the new driver seemed to work fine to start with, after an hour or so scrolling seem to be all over the place (scrolling randomly on it's own) so much so i've had to stop using the new driver and the original one and not have scrolling at all. :-(

Hopefully this gets fixed in a driver update.
So the new driver still has issues? Has anyone else observed the same problem as stairmand when using the new driver?
Old 01 May 2023, 00:54   #83
stairmand

The fact people seem to have scrolling issues on both Windows and original hardware would indicate it's a hardware/design fault with the touch scroll. Whether it's due to mass production or something else?

It's a tad disappointing as these issues could and should have been picked up during design with some basic beta testing.
Old 01 May 2023, 07:53   #84
prometeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post

Thanks!
Ciao,
Giacomo.
Old 02 May 2023, 18:43   #85
stairmand

Didn't take long. Mines now broken, well to be specific the DB9 to USB is broken. The mouse cursor moves and jitters randomly over the screen. It works OK in Windows.
Old 02 May 2023, 18:52   #86
yelworC

Quote:
Didn't take long. Mines now broken, well to be specific the DB9 to USB is broken. The mouse cursor moves and jitters randomly over the screen. It works OK in Windows.
Maybe you switched working mode of adapter by accident. The adapter can work in Amiga, Atari and C64 mode.

Configuration is explained here:

https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=244
Old 02 May 2023, 21:52   #87
stairmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelworC View Post
Maybe you switched working mode of adapter by accident. The adapter can work in Amiga, Atari and C64 mode.

Configuration is explained here:

https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=244

Thank you, fixed. I guess it's easy on boot trying to do two fingers to accidentally switch modes.
Old 03 May 2023, 09:47   #88
Total Eclipse

Quote:
I tried my DB9-USB on my MiST yesterday. It seemed okay in WB initially, but I tried Shufflepuck Cafe, and noticed the mouse had a tendency to drift up or down after a second.

I then also realised that it seemed to be permanently pressing the right mouse button (my ClassicWB startup would keep bringing up an early selection menu that's triggered by holding a button down during boot) and the WB menus were permanently on display.

I realise that it's not the same as testing on real hardware, but seeing as the MiST core supports real Amiga mice, that should still work correctly with the adaptor.
Old 03 May 2023, 09:49   #89
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
The more comments I read here the more I start regretting having purchased 3 from Sordan…
Strange product…
Old 03 May 2023, 11:55   #90
DanyPPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Eclipse View Post
I tried my DB9-USB on my MiST yesterday. It seemed okay in WB initially, but I tried Shufflepuck Cafe, and noticed the mouse had a tendency to drift up or down after a second.

I then also realised that it seemed to be permanently pressing the right mouse button (my ClassicWB startup would keep bringing up an early selection menu that's triggered by holding a button down during boot) and the WB menus were permanently on display.

I realise that it's not the same as testing on real hardware, but seeing as the MiST core supports real Amiga mice, that should still work correctly with the adaptor.
Excuse me, but why using the DB9 adaptor instead of the USB receiver directly wired to an USB port ?

The DB9 ports of MiST are limited, not real DB9 Amiga ports.
Anyway there is an option to use a real Amiga Mouse in those ports, certainly not tested for wireless adaptor or similar.
Old 03 May 2023, 14:11   #91
Total Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyPPC View Post
Excuse me, but why using the DB9 adaptor instead of the USB receiver directly wired to an USB port ?

The DB9 ports of MiST are limited, not real DB9 Amiga ports.
Anyway there is an option to use a real Amiga Mouse in those ports, certainly not tested for wireless adaptor or similar.
The mouse works fine via the USB dongle, however I wanted to test out the DB9 adaptor.

Whilst the MiST DB9 ports aren't 100% identical to those on a real Amiga, the fact that a) the MiST Amiga core allows the use of real Amiga mice, and b) the DB9 adaptor should work on a real Amiga (i.e. the adaptor should make the mouse behave as a real wired mouse), I'd have expected it to function accurately.

It does work, to a point, but it's not without issues.

As I said in my last post, I know this isn't exactly the same as testing on real hardware, however based on the two points above, I'd have expected it to work correctly.

I'll try and test on true hardware in the next couple of days.

Last edited by Total Eclipse; 03 May 2023 at 18:00.
Old 03 May 2023, 16:03   #92
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

I believe it shares the same problem under NON original hardware with the one we have on V4SA's using HID2AMI driver.

The response from the developer of HID2AMI (sampedenawa) was the following:
Quote:
I know perfectly the reason of the issue with V4 standalone: the reason is that it's not a real Amiga HW and it does not "emulate" 1:1 the hardware registers devoted to manage mouse wires.

The very same behaviour happens in WinUAE: if you try my driver in WinUAE you have the same issues.

But it's not my driver's fault, it is -again- because WinUAE (and V4) does not fully emulate THAT portion of the hardware.
In detail: my driver at certain interrupt reverses the direction of RMB/MMB pins, setting them as outputs (from Amiga to Hid2AMI).

There's no way to circumvent this: Amiga does not have any mean of managing mousewheel information on its standard hardware, because at the time of Amiga, mousewheel simply did not exist !
So I have to "trick" the system (a two-way communication is needed) and supply an interleaved protocol on existing mouse wires.
Old 04 May 2023, 01:23   #93
Pyromania

Got my Tank mouse yesterday. Two of the black ones actually. I verified it works with the M2 MacBook Air. I'm hopeful it will work on my Vampire V4.
Old 04 May 2023, 15:34   #94
Total Eclipse

I'm happy to report that I've tried the DB9 adaptor on my A1200 and have no issues at all, so my previous testing looks to be an incompatibility with the 9 pin ports on the MiST.
Old 04 May 2023, 16:12   #95
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Got my Tank mouse yesterday. Two of the black ones actually. I verified it works with the M2 MacBook Air. I'm hopeful it will work on my Vampire V4.
If it's a V4 Icedrake (1200) then it will work just fine.
If it's a V4SA... it won't work.

If the Tank Mouse DB9 driver share same Read/Write functions then V4SA won't support it as it doesn't support writes to DB9 by design.
Old 04 May 2023, 19:25   #96
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
The very same behaviour happens in WinUAE: if you try my driver in WinUAE you have the same issues.
Not really on topic but this makes no sense and is confusing. There is no emulated hardware that uses mouse button pins in output mode.

I expect same results on real HW if nothing is connected to mouse port. (Or maybe this is left mouse button in output mode + 3910788-01 CIA that works differently than other variants -feature?)
Old 08 May 2023, 16:50   #97
Jolabandola

I got my tankmouse today and i am really happy with how it feels. The only issue i have is that i can only scroll downwards. If i scroll up i can see the scroll bar on the window flicker but it will still only scroll down.
I installed the driver for it from Aminet but still the same. I am using it on a A1200.

Nevermind im dumb. I had not commented out the HID2AMI driver in user startup. Working flawlessly now

Last edited by Jolabandola; 08 May 2023 at 16:55.
Old 14 May 2023, 23:27   #98
qz3fwd

I received my pair of black mice and DB9 adapters from Poland and unpacked today. Pretty nice. Arrived much quicker than the projected 2 months. Happy so far.
Old 15 May 2023, 11:20   #99
torturedutopian

Hi ! I've lost the piece of paper which explains how to switch between Amiga, ST, C64 modes and I think I switched it by mistake, oops ! Can anyone remind me of the procedure ?

Thanks
Old 15 May 2023, 12:07   #100
Total Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedutopian View Post
Hi ! I've lost the piece of paper which explains how to switch between Amiga, ST, C64 modes and I think I switched it by mistake, oops ! Can anyone remind me of the procedure ?

Thanks
Power on the computer and watch for the green LED flashing on the adapter.
Press the RMB, and the LED should change to red.
Change the number of flashes using the LMB (1 = Amiga, 2 = ST, 3 = C64).
Press the RMB to save the option.

Last edited by Total Eclipse; 16 May 2023 at 12:23.