Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 05 June 2021, 01:13   #41
pitfall

muchas gracias amigo.. gran trabajo!
Old 01 August 2021, 16:25   #42
mrv2k

Update #4

Update #4

Here's the latest update to my WHDLoad screenshots. As usual there are IGame, AGS, TinyLauncher and PNG format images. This month there weren't that many releases but most of them were unreleased or fairly obscure. I created the Supercars AGA, Center Court 2, Scuba Diver AGA and Mutant League Hockey covers myself from various web sources. The next release will be a full release as I'm improving the source image resolution. This means running 4595 games and demos, which is kind of time consuming.

New Images
CenterCourt
CenterCourtAGA
CenterCourt2AGA
MutantLeagueSoccerAGA
PlayhouseStripPoker
ScubaDiverAGA
SimonTheSorcererAGAIt
SimonTheSorcererIt
SuperCars2AGA

Here's The Link!
https://mega.nz/folder/yJFnlSwY#I47brqrqxTswsejr1pERtg

They are also available on my EAB FTP folder under ~Uploads/mrv2k
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	preview.png
Views:	250
Size:	356.3 KB
ID:	72741  
Old 10 August 2021, 00:51   #43
Radertified

I'm only just getting around to updating the Amiga side of my life so thanks, mrv2k!

Your work is greatly appreciated!
Old 12 September 2021, 10:03   #44
marco920

Good morning everyone;
my name is Marco
I've been reading this forum for a long time, but I had never written.
To start, I also thank you for all the great work you have done for the community.

I need some clarification..

1° You have listed some games, Titles, etc to be deleted because "renamed" or "changed" with the various update

packages, but I have not found them .... maybe I'm wrong the mode' search?

2°Excuse my ignorance, but on IGAMES etc, I do not think there are as for the MAME, the titles, covers, preview etc

....but only a preview image! Which ones should I use?

3° The images you have made are optimized for AGS/Igames; then there are few for TINY.... are there only those few

for TYNI or how should I use them?Do I have to add them to one of the two "collections" and how?

4° I don't understand how many WHDLOAD 3621 are?4320?

5° Maybe I'm a mess, but I can not configure TINY and AGS I can not start it and not even xbench.
Someone help me or has an already optimized version to pass me with 2 lines of explanation, please.

6* If I have other questions and if I don't disturb, I add them as soon as they come to mind
Old 12 September 2021, 13:27   #45
mrv2k

Hi

Quote:
1° You have listed some games, Titles, etc to be deleted because "renamed" or "changed" with the various update packages, but I have not found them .... maybe I'm wrong the mode' search?
The renamed and changed are where slaves are updated and their name changed. Most launchers use the slave name to launch games so the images are always named after the slave.

Quote:
2°Excuse my ignorance, but on IGAMES etc, I do not think there are as for the MAME, the titles, covers, preview etc.... but only a preview image! Which ones should I use?
The reason that there are three types of image is so you can install the image type that you want. It's possible in a future update, IGame will support multiple images. It has been discussed on it's github page.

Quote:
3° The images you have made are optimized for AGS/Igames; then there are few for TINY.... are there only those few for TYNI or how should I use them?Do I have to add them to one of the two "collections" and how?
AGS and IGame support multiple resolutions and colour depths. TinyLauncher is strictly ECS/OCS so doesn't need multiple images per game. I made the previews and titles 320x256x32 as it offer the best image for colourful games. The covers are 640x400x16 as it show the detail better and should work on all Amigas.

To install the images copy them to your S:Tinylauncher/Covers drawer.

Quote:
4° I don't understand how many WHDLOAD 3621 are?4320?
The collection is based Retroplay's collection. There are currently 3364 installs with a slave on the WHDLoad site. Many of those slaves support multiple versions of games, therefore there are more installs with different languages as well as NTSC/PAL, AGA/ECS etc... Each install needs an image.

Just to confuse you more, WHDLoadMenu supports icons as well as slaves and if you scan your collection, you get over 4800 games. This is because a lot of data disks and intros have their own icons.

Quote:
5° Maybe I'm a mess, but I can not configure TINY and AGS I can not start it and not even xbench. Someone help me or has an already optimized version to pass me with 2 lines of explanation, please.
AGS is a pain in the ass to install if you dont know anything about the Amiga. Tinylauncher is easier. It may be worthwhile using HSTWB which sets a lot of the launchers up for you. Or try looking at some of the tutorials on youtube.

Quote:
6* If I have other questions and if I don't disturb, I add them as soon as they come to mind
Anytime. Glad to help.
Old 12 September 2021, 21:47   #46
marco920

I did the test with TINY and MONKEY ISLAND 2 ITA, but it doesn't work for me. I copied both a cover and a game to the COVER folder and linked the 2 paths, but he elemcated me, only once, MK2 but mine the cover .....
help me?

Can you publish a configuration example for the 3 FRONTENDS using the same game?

update...
I have made some progress.
Igames is the simplest to configure but it is the most demanding of resources; XBENCH I was able to get it started as I downloaded the latest version that also makes me previews but they are very small, the best always AGS because it shows LARGE previews, but I don't know if it is resource-hungry like Igames.
I can't get it started.
I create the conm folder inside the various files, as indicated; I do not copy the SS in S since I do not want it to start when the A1200 starts and I do not modify the SS.
Who helps me?

Last edited by marco920; 12 September 2021 at 23:32.
Old 04 January 2022, 15:57   #47
Styrbjorn

nice, will surely try this collection out. Nice work !
Old 09 January 2022, 09:22   #48
mkrleza

Oh, lovely! Great show...
Old 20 January 2022, 01:07   #49
falken
Amiga Lover

Is this pack of covers and screenshots usable with X-Bench?
Old 23 January 2022, 16:15   #50
wiz12

Do you have any plans to release an update pack since there's been quite a few changes since the last one or possibly integrate these screenshots into your WHDLoadTool?
Old 29 January 2022, 18:42   #51
mrv2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Do you have any plans to release an update pack since there's been quite a few changes since the last one or possibly integrate these screenshots into your WHDLoadTool?
Strangely enough I was thinking about putting out a new pack.

I've been doing a lot of work in the background replacing the 320x256 source images with 640x512 images. I'm about half way there at the moment. Covers are all up to date with the latest WHDLoad releases.

I'm off next week so I'll put a new pack out then.
Old 29 January 2022, 18:43   #52
mrv2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by falken View Post
Is this pack of covers and screenshots usable with X-Bench?
They're standard IFF files. Depends on what name format X-Bench looks for.
Old 05 February 2022, 00:30   #53
mrv2k

February 2022 Update

Well it's been several months so I thought that it would be a good time to release an update to my WHDLoad frontend image collection. The set is fully up-to-date with Retroplay's WHDLoad set and each archive is named in accordance with the frontend in the filename.

As before, there are archives supporting IGame, AGS2, TinyLauncher, Launchbox and a generic set as well. As you can see in the picture, I've made several custom artworks for the latest game releases not available anywhere else.

This is a full release as there was no point doing an update pack and I'm still working on improving the title and screen images. This involves capturing new higher resolution game title and screen image for every game in Retroplay's collection. This is a lot of work, so I will put out another full set when I'm done.

There's a new readme file that goes into a bit more detail in the download folders.

Here's the links...

MEGA

https://mega.nz/folder/6Qt2TDxb#pj5QZxmfHz3Wkfzb1ozXzw

Turran FTP

Uploads/mrv2k/WHDLoad_Images
Old 05 February 2022, 00:54   #54
Sandancer

cool will have to get them Thank you
Old 05 February 2022, 01:06   #55
Radertified

Thanks so much, mrv2k! The effort you put into these is greatly appreciated!
Old 05 February 2022, 01:29   #56
wiz12

Fantastic work, thanks!
Old 05 February 2022, 19:18   #57
btp

Great work once again mate!
Old 06 February 2022, 18:23   #58
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Nice work, just one question - why are all screenshots stretched vertically to fit 320x256 size ? It looks weird for most games that used the 320x200 resolution
Old 06 February 2022, 19:01   #59
mrv2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat666 View Post
Nice work, just one question - why are all screenshots stretched vertically to fit 320x256 size ? It looks weird for most games that used the 320x200 resolution
Because that's how I like it... I don't like black borders. I have left the Sierra games and some of the others in the right aspect as they do look pretty bad if stretched.
Old 10 February 2022, 14:38   #60
Lamaman71

Thanks so much! Awesome work.