English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 01 August 2004, 04:04   #1
Jim

Action Replay slow-motion toggle-switch & knob

Just for completeness of Action Replay emulation.

Maybe it could be achieved with an extra key for the slow motion mode and the mousewheel ?

Old 14 August 2004, 18:52   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

IMHO quite pointless..

Feature that properly slows down whole emulation is much better idea (basically like vsync but with user adjustable "refresh rate")
Old 20 August 2004, 10:59   #3
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

If I may suggest, if this feature is indeed implemented, would it be too much to ask for the capability to set the frame rate HIGHER than the emulated machine is actually running at? For example, having the emulated Amiga running with normal PAL timings from the perspective of the Amiga software, but in reality the emulation is running at 60fps. This would skew the actual speed of the total emulation upwards, but this will help make PAL games/demos run smoothly on an LCD panel (of which most only support 60Hz). I do this for C64 demos with CCS64, and it works quite well.
Old 21 August 2004, 18:38   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalH
If I may suggest, if this feature is indeed implemented, would it be too much to ask for the capability to set the frame rate HIGHER than the emulated machine is actually running at? For example, having the emulated Amiga running with normal PAL timings from the perspective of the Amiga software, but in reality the emulation is running at 60fps. This would skew the actual speed of the total emulation upwards, but this will help make PAL games/demos run smoothly on an LCD panel (of which most only support 60Hz). I do this for C64 demos with CCS64, and it works quite well.
This has "always" been possible (=since vsync-feature was implemented)
Old 22 August 2004, 18:52   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Speed adjustment in non-vsync modes implemented.. not yet sure how to add GUI support, probably slider but where?
Old 22 August 2004, 19:42   #6
Npl

While you are messing with this stuff...

Could you Enable selection of refreshrates without synchronizing the Emulation to that FPS?
My LCD-Monitor aint capable of 50Hz( not even adding that rate manually ) and neither 100Hz, so I cant use that "FPS-Synchronizing". But I would like to be able to run at 75 or 85Hz without getting sick speeds - scrolling would still stutter, but it would be more smooth than the 60Hz I currently run at.

PS. thanks allot for the uae-configuration utility