Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 21 October 2017, 15:37   #41
nobody

I like it too.
Old 21 October 2017, 16:32   #42
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Yeah, the basics are there... AI is rubbish though. Wouldn`t pick up my USB controller but I managed with my SNES lookilike USB pad I use for retropie.
Seems like the keys go through phases of being reconised! I noticed that when I was trying keys. Also ESC works sometimes. But it`s an alpha? so it can only get better!
Old 21 October 2017, 18:01   #43
AmigaBill

I agree with all the critiques above, but am still enjoying it very much. It has a lot of potential. Needless to say I was pretty excited to see that it was released, LOL https://twitter.com/TheGuruMeditate/...25052994940928

Last edited by AmigaBill; 21 October 2017 at 18:02. Reason: Typo
Old 21 October 2017, 18:23   #44
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Early Access. What a crap. You're are paying the full price for a beta version (here more like an Alpha). Glad i didn't bought it in this laughable condition. Played a "demo" a bit.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 21 October 2017 at 18:28.
Old 21 October 2017, 18:32   #45
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Well, i wanted to give Money for the Kickstarter, but it was cancelled. Giving money while already being able to play the game is even better.

Old 21 October 2017, 18:33   #46
Amiga1992

Yeahprice tag for early access is a bit cheeky, or are they planning to charge $40 on final release?
Old 21 October 2017, 18:55   #47
AmigaBill

Yeah, I have very mixed feelings about the concept of Early Access, but in this case I am happy to support those guys. I have been waiting for this game since the Kickstarter, so I am excited to play it. I am guessing you just pay the difference when the final release happens? I have a few other Early Access games and they do keep updating them, but I have never backed one that transformed into a final release yet, so I don't know the normal procedure. PUBG is an Early Access game with only one map and it is the #1 game on Steam. Crazy!

Last edited by AmigaBill; 21 October 2017 at 18:58. Reason: Typos
Old 21 October 2017, 20:27   #48
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

No, you pay for Early Access, you have the game. No matter what, you have the game.

I hear some developers do raise the price after EA period, but they said they'll keep the same price.

It's ok if you want to wait for a more complete game. For me paying for the EA version was cheaper (and easier) than contributing to the Kickstarter, so I am very happy with it.

Also, after playing the hell out of Sensi,SWOS, Cannon Fodder, Megalomania , Sensi Golf and Wizkid without ever paying a penny for it, I'd guess Jon Hare deserved my money somehow

EDIT: Also some games are aimed to be "Early Access" forever, its like "we are ALWAYS developing the game".
Old 21 October 2017, 21:09   #49
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
No, you pay for Early Access, you have the game. No matter what, you have the game.

I hear some developers do raise the price after EA period, but they said they'll keep the same price.

It's ok if you want to wait for a more complete game. For me paying for the EA version was cheaper (and easier) than contributing to the Kickstarter, so I am very happy with it.

Also, after playing the hell out of Sensi,SWOS, Cannon Fodder, Megalomania , Sensi Golf and Wizkid without ever paying a penny for it, I'd guess Jon Hare deserved my money somehow

EDIT: Also some games are aimed to be "Early Access" forever, its like "we are ALWAYS developing the game".
Ah, cool. Thanks for the info Shatterhand. I am with you. The $20 doesn't bother me at all. I am sure I will get my money's worth and it will be cool to see the game evolve. It also seems like they are very open to feedback. If early access backers get the full game for the early access price, then that is a really cool feature of early access. The next spiritual successor Amiga game I can't wait for on Steam is Tower57
Old 23 October 2017, 16:29   #50
Amiga1992

Most Early Access games are offered at a low value (below $10) because the game they are offering is buggy as hell. You are basically their gametester. So paying what is full price for most indie games are on Steam, games that are final and not beta, is off.

Definitely not a game I'd pay at $40, $20 sounds about right for a full game, but not for Early Access.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaBill View Post
The next spiritual successor Amiga game I can't wait for on Steam is Tower57
What do you think it is the spiritual successor to? I just don't see it.
Looks damn cool though!
Old 23 October 2017, 16:53   #51
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Yeah, I understand this point of view and can't disagree with it.

For me, it's like I gave money to a kickstarter but I already have something to try, instead of waiting for waiting like 2 years.

And the development team is very active and friendly, taking suggestions and hearing the community well.

So, like I said before, I'm fine with it
Old 23 October 2017, 17:19   #52
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
What do you think it is the spiritual successor to? I just don't see it.
Looks damn cool though!
The Chaos Engine series
Old 23 October 2017, 17:21   #53
Amiga1992

My main concern would be that they just give up on the game without never getting to "final", because they didn't get enough "early access interest". I dunno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
The Chaos Engine series
Really? It feels to me like a lot better than those. :P More like a Neo-Geo game like Shock Troopers.
Old 23 October 2017, 17:23   #54
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Really? It feels to me like a lot better than those. :P
Yes, it looks a lot better.

...still, quite similar concept.
Old 23 October 2017, 17:43   #55
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
My main concern would be that they just give up on the game without never getting to "final", because they didn't get enough "early access interest". I dunno.
It's the same risk we have with Kickstarter... except with Kickstarter we may have nothing at all But yeah, I understand your concern.

EDIT: But yeah, with Kickstarter at least you only pay if the game gets enough revenue. With Early Access I could be the only one buying the game, my money went away and I never see nothing because no one else gave money to them. I see your point.
Old 23 October 2017, 19:38   #56
Amiga1992

A Kickstarter campaign puts the axe above the devs after a successful campaign: they MUST deliver and fulfill their promises or the whole thing goes to shit. I mean, there are cases of Kickstarters not delivering the promises they campaigned with, but that didbn't end well for the developer credibility.

Early Access doesn't really have that accountability, and at what looks like full price, I'm not buying.

I was supporting the Sociable Kickstarter then they removed one of the platforms I was hoping they'd develop for (Xbox) so I withdrew my backing.
Old 23 October 2017, 19:47   #57
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

They removed it?

Right now the game is confirmed Early 2018 for Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch, there will be also iOS and Android versions. (To be quite honest, the game looks a lot like a mobile game, from graphics to the UI.. it's very clear the UI is made to be used with a touch screen)

I saw an interview with Jon Hare saying the game works online cross-plataform, but to make this happen they need autorization from the owners of the networks. This means, Xbox One version will be cross-plataform compatible if Microsoft authorizes, same with other console versions.

I am really curious to see how a PC player playing with a controller will play against a mobile player with touch screen controls, heh.

And yeah, I think you should wait for a better state of the game, or even the console versions.
Old 23 October 2017, 20:14   #58
Amiga1992

I believe initially they planned to do Xbox but at some point they said "maybe", and I backed, but then they said "PC only" and I decided I didn't want it. Something like that. Don't fully believe my recollection of this, it's been a while and I don't care much to remember it well.
The Kickstarter failed anyway, and they were like "we're gonna develop anyway", so what was the Kickstarter money for if they had the muscle to develop anyway? That was kind of weird.

If it's supposed to be the same game across platforms,. I expect the mobile one hindering playability in all others. Seems like a a silly compromise to make. This kinda game does not work on touchscreen controls.
Old 23 October 2017, 21:29   #59
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I am really curious to see how touch screen control works... the game on PC controls amazingly well, but you have analgo controls + 4 buttons for pass/shoot + sprint button + 2 buttons for changing formations on the fly. I agree with you, I can't see it working on touch screen controls (They say they have a "great" solution for touch screen, but afaik no one saw it yet )

And I believe many games today don't do kickstarter for the money, but as a way to promote the game. I was reading an article about this the other day, you do a kickstarter, you have a base community for the game either the kickstart works or not. It seems to always be a good strategy even if the kickstart fails.
Old 23 October 2017, 21:41   #60
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I am really curious to see how touch screen control works... the game on PC controls amazingly well, but you have analgo controls + 4 buttons for pass/shoot + sprint button + 2 buttons for changing formations on the fly. I agree with you, I can't see it working on touch screen controls (They say they have a "great" solution for touch screen, but afaik no one saw it yet )

And I believe many games today don't do kickstarter for the money, but as a way to promote the game. I was reading an article about this the other day, you do a kickstarter, you have a base community for the game either the kickstart works or not. It seems to always be a good strategy even if the kickstart fails.
I'm tempted to get this.. Shoukd to splash the cash?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk