English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 09 September 2014, 00:10   #41
crazyc

Aminet but it's in with something called bootpic I think.
Old 09 September 2014, 00:23   #42
crazyc

I think it does the same as your fixprefs thing though.
Old 09 September 2014, 01:02   #43
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, I was editing my post. In fact I already had it as it's included on AmiKit. It works the same, perfect. Your jump at the end maybe because of the indi. Have you tried on WinUAE to see if it's the same there?
Old 11 September 2014, 11:30   #44
crazyc

Hello,

in your s-s do you specify the mode id or use default or best possible?
If you use the modeid, what do you use ?

Cheers
C

EDIT - as it seems to pick up the PEN colours from the background pic - is there an easy way of working out what number is what colour?
Cheers.
Old 11 September 2014, 13:23   #45
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi:
I'm using this:

(Edited as I was using USEDEFAULTS).

Code:
; BEGIN Rainboot3
IF EXISTS Env:Rainboot-Config
  C:FixJump
  Rainboot3  ${Rainboot-Config} BBLANK BESTFIT DELAY 10
  Wait 1
EndIF
; END Rainboot3

The search in Env and the ${Rainboot-Config} are to use different configs that you can select with MorpheuZ, you should have there instead just the path to the rainboot config.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
EDIT - as it seems to pick up the PEN colours from the background pic - is there an easy way of working out what number is what colour?
Cheers.
I don't think so. I'm using more or less the same config for different images (just changing the position or widht/lenght of the bar), and the color of the bar changes with them using the same pen number, but I haven't insisted much.

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 September 2014 at 18:08.
Old 11 September 2014, 14:48   #46
crazyc

Cheers, will play around some more later.
I wanted to learn how to use the BAR command so took yours as an example and dropped it into my current config, which caused it to crash with a "Could not find the requested brush" comment.
I assumed it must be the background did not have something that yours did, but I can quite happily swap my background into your config and it works fine, although the bar is dark grey not green (Which is fine for what I want actually).
Am currently therefore working on transferring my config into your one line by line to see what is causing the error....
Old 11 September 2014, 18:11   #47
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

But I guess you edited the config instead of using the RCC ? You have to try with RCC , although I don't know much either.

Edit: I've asked Andreas if he remembers how to change the color of the bar, maybe using Brushes, but I've got no idea.

Remember RCC has some bugs. To make a bar using RCC add it with the position and time and check the Def Time. There is a bug that if you open a config and press the Bar button, it will be unchecked, so you've got to check it again.

There is a fast way to check the changes you try in the config (and the system doesn't crash, or if it crashes you've got your config saved) that is to open RCC, -Button- "Open" the config and -Button- "Show" it, and then (for example trying with changes in the Bar) you can edit the config with EditPad and change something, then you load again the config with RCC (then you won't have to search the complete Path, as it's the one it will show) and Show it again.

BUT the time that the Bar (and the booting picture) is showed before the Fade Out doesn't depend on the time you give to the bar, so you've got to use somekind of "trick" that I've seen and used: you add a "Change Letter Delay" in "Main Events in the Script" and then on the right ("Do this Events after the Main Event") you repeat the Change Letter Delay with an amount you have to try. Then you add another Event on the right with a "Print " "", and that will make the booting to take longer till you get the time you want to show all the progress of the bar .

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 September 2014 at 22:46.
Old 11 September 2014, 22:40   #48
crazyc

hehe - I am doing it old school straight from the config - no RCC.

Making some progress though - probably a few more days to the next video though. Am gradually learning more about how to work the delays etc.
Old 11 September 2014, 22:56   #49
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
hehe - I am doing it old school straight from the config - no RCC.

Making some progress though - probably a few more days to the next video though. Am gradually learning more about how to work the delays etc.
You won't get far just editing it. That's what I was doing time ago. You've got to start with RCC because you can't make a lot of changes just editing it, it will crash with many and you won't know why. If it is just to change some numbers of the bar or position, etc that's perfect, but as long as you try to add something to a config, you Can Not.

This is written in the Bible (I mean Guide) :

"There are two ways how to create your personal boot config:

1) The difficult way: Load a texteditor and edit your bootconfig by hand.

2) The easy way: Use the RCC (Rainboot Config Creator) and create your config very easy because RCC has a nice GUI and a lot of other cool features."

I think I've given a good explanation in my post above about how to create a progress bar. That's the only thing I was looking for, but if you are interested you surely can go on and on, as it has a lot of features available.

Edit:
Quote:
... Am gradually learning more about how to work the delays etc.
Nope, I think you can't Edit the delays (well, of course you could, but it has to be really difficult, knowing about the characters it uses and so), you've got to make that as I've said with RCC using a Change Letter Delay. You only can change the delay to finish Rainboot with changes in the s-s, but that's not the same. That way you would have the screen stopped after the bar had finished, and you don't want that.

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 September 2014 at 23:26.
Old 12 September 2014, 00:02   #50
crazyc

I only have limited objectives so might be ok without rcc. I am now able to sort the timing of when words appear, and dissapear later, the timing and size/ colours of the bar, and even the timing of spelling out Access granted letter by letter. Give me a couple more days and I might have it where I want it except for the screen mode change.
Old 12 September 2014, 12:19   #51
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've made another config:

Edit: Photo edited to show the real booting image, not just the backdrop used. I also will include the wallpaper in my next 1.1 AK Real update.

Last edited by Retrofan; 12 September 2014 at 21:21.
Old 12 September 2014, 12:56   #52
crazyc

Looks great!
Old 13 September 2014, 22:08   #53
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Another:

The so nice they have is that they look exactly the same while booting, no matter what number of colors you use.

Edit: I've seen Rainboot has also the option to boot using a random config and I've added that option to MorpheuZ, so now you can select between 7 configs (I've made another for this last to be ok with 16:9 screens) or select the random option .
I've also changed the s-s to use BestFit instead of Usedefaults. It works the same, but it won't ask the first time to select anything.

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 September 2014 at 15:09.
Old 17 September 2014, 15:09   #54
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Another one. (Edited and imaged changed as the hand was cutted).

Edit: I've changed Cpointer in the s-s to be out of the screen, and now I don't have the pointer over the image and it appears when Rainboot finishes, centered.

BTW I've asked Andreas about the colors of the bar and he has told me that AFAIR it's only possible with the PEN argument of %BAR so it's static based on the BGPic's palette.

EDIT: All these images I was using were 800x600, but I've found it is BETTER to use images 720x540 (you can resize them). This way you avoid borders with colors in the image (the left one in the screenshot above) and they can be shown with my new indivision mkii config http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=920520&postcount=97

Last edited by Retrofan; 25 September 2014 at 10:24.
Old 26 September 2014, 19:44   #55
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've been working in a real amiga only since a few days, but I think I've got it working perfect:

[ Show youtube player ]

Edit: Well, I mean the booting. I've improved right now the Coppper-Demon to be started before: from the User-Startup but depending on an icon in the WBStartup, so it's more easy to able/disable it and it runs before the WBStartup.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 September 2014 at 02:08.