English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 13 January 2005, 01:24   #1
Unregistered

Unhappy Fantastic dizzy

For 1. why doent fantastic dizzy run in winfellow? and second. how come it doesnt run correctly in win uae? all my other adf`s work perfectly in win uae but fantastic dizzy is jerky as hell and completely un-playable. Any ideas any1?

Old 13 January 2005, 12:19   #2
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
OMGLOL sum mor info aboot you're configuration?
Old 13 January 2005, 16:14   #3
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Can you post some more information about the configuration youre using?

That is more than likely the problem
Old 13 January 2005, 16:27   #4
Shoonay
Global Caturator

...don't forget to register, also
Old 13 January 2005, 17:05   #5
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
For 1. why doent fantastic dizzy run in winfellow? and second. how come it doesnt run correctly in win uae? all my other adf`s work perfectly in win uae but fantastic dizzy is jerky as hell and completely un-playable. Any ideas any1?
In fact don't bother registering. We have enough morons on here already.

Old 13 January 2005, 17:08   #6
BippyM
Global Moderator

Good to see potential newbies are treated like shit!

Kodoichi and Jim you should be ashamed of yourselves, some ppl really do have no idea you know, the Amiga is a complex machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Unregistered: Register with us and then post your system config and tell us what winuae configs are being used!!!
Old 13 January 2005, 17:15   #7
Jim

I don't have any problem with somebody being stupid.

It's just stupid and ignorant people that annoy me.

Look at his question again.

It almost looks like he's having problems with his £500 Micro$oft application and is quite righlty on their technical support line giving them hell.

Nobody is in this forum to make money, we all provide our help for free. WinUAE only makes money for Cloanto - if you want to ask questions in the style you are then go and moan at them.

Did you not read the FAQ? Did you not think that providing your question like this would achieve anything? This is not Micro$oft Knowledge Base search - don't expect to enter a few keywords and get your answer.

I hate to see txt-spk and so do many others. You have to remember that to many people here English is not a first language.

Need I go on?

Why doesn't Mr Newbie register and then post a "How do I axs da Zone?" message.

Last edited by Jim; 13 January 2005 at 17:25.

Old 13 January 2005, 18:59   #8
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Good to see potential newbies are treated like shit!
Good to see I am not being pointed at for this action!
Quote:
some ppl really do have no idea you know, the Amiga is a complex machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on Bipps....

I will delete all I wrote about the guy's spelling and focus somewhere else...

The Amiga is not that much of a complex machine, emulation -is- more complex than your typical "insert romzor here, hit start and play" though, but not that much.

The problem here relies in a poorly described problem which can get no solution whatsoever the way it has been formulated.

You also underestimate the guy who posted, is he such a sissy that a comment like Kodoichi's or Jim's would put him away?

My thoughts. And I will now refrain of posting the mandatory STFU N00B pic!

Last edited by Amiga1992; 13 January 2005 at 19:08.
Old 14 January 2005, 00:44   #9
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I just had a thought... instead of raping the guy...

why not just stay away from the thread and let someone who wants to help him answer!!!

My god a light is shining down upon this amazing revelation! If only you where to think of it sooner!
Old 14 January 2005, 11:37   #10
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Send a message via ICQ to KombatSanta
I've actually lost some respect today Remember when you were newbies?

I wouldn't dare to post a question about emulation or "the real thing" here anymore if I didn't know that some people here are actually helpful. Sissy or no sissy, some people don't take to kindly of beeing ridiculed!

Get your acts together!
Old 14 January 2005, 13:54   #11
MSC
Zone Friend

A little unfair IMO

Maybe i have just been lucky. I have not been here too long, but have found the place quite friendly and helpful. In return i have tried to help people where i can. But i thought this was harsh at least. Yes he did not word his request properly, and txt type annoys the hell out of me as well, but who are we to judge. Just because you have excellent knowledge of a particular subject, it does not give you the right to judge other people. If you didn`t like the post, just ignore it! If everyone had ignored it, the poster may have got the message, and either asked again properly or left. People had already replied to the question and given the poster a chance to respond, nothing useful was achieved by hyjacking the thread and abusing the poster. And i am sure i have seen this happen before.

The more people on this board the better IMHO. Sharing knowledge is a fantastic way to comunicate and EAB proves this daily.

Only my opinion

@RCK - As moderator, What is your opinion on this?

Last edited by MSC; 14 January 2005 at 14:03.
Old 14 January 2005, 14:08   #12
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC
People had already replied to the question and given the poster a chance to respond, nothing useful was achieved by hyjacking the thread and abusing the poster.
I got to agree on this. KG's got the answer as well, it's always best to avoid the threads and that's all.

I don't think the guy would be put away by Kodoichi's post but jim's was quite agressive, yes. I wouldn't be put off, but that's really subjective to each and every one of us.
Old 14 January 2005, 14:09   #13
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC
.....If everyone had ignored it, the poster may have got the message, and either asked again properly or left........
I've seen this type of stuff before too.

If the above had happened what we would now have is one of the following:

1 - A duplicate thread, more than likely in the wrong section.

2 - A reply to this thread - something along the lines of "Well can any1 help me i been waitng all day"

This was a build up of annoyances for the past few months with the same lameass questions from the same type of people who don't read the FAQ or know how to do a searc. It was just unlucky for this member that the pressure cooker exploded whilst he was in the kitchen

I've been supplying the EAB.Projects thread with many ideas/threads on how to deal with these things so you cannot say I haven't tried or been helpful.

Wether this member joins or not is now a irrelavance to me and to be quite honest I'm not exactly cut up about the fact I may have deprived the EAB of a new member, considering the credentials so far.

Just my honest opinion, those who know me know I am a nice guy so I don't care what others think.

Old 14 January 2005, 14:12   #14
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
those who know me know I am a nice guy
No, you are NOT

;D
Old 14 January 2005, 14:32   #15
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Send a message via ICQ to KombatSanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I've seen this type of stuff before too.

If the above had happened what we would now have is one of the following:

1 - A duplicate thread, more than likely in the wrong section.

2 - A reply to this thread - something along the lines of "Well can any1 help me i been waitng all day"

This was a build up of annoyances for the past few months with the same lameass questions from the same type of people who don't read the FAQ or know how to do a searc. It was just unlucky for this member that the pressure cooker exploded whilst he was in the kitchen

I've been supplying the EAB.Projects thread with many ideas/threads on how to deal with these things so you cannot say I haven't tried or been helpful.

Wether this member joins or not is now a irrelavance to me and to be quite honest I'm not exactly cut up about the fact I may have deprived the EAB of a new member, considering the credentials so far.

Just my honest opinion, those who know me know I am a nice guy so I don't care what others think.
My opinion then: there are no lameass question only lameass answers, sure it's annoying when some newbie don't read the rules and just posts somewhere, sure it's annoying when they don't get more specific. But hey, we've all been confused sometime. How can you be so sure that the things you mentioned actually will happen just because it has happened before!?!

I'm sorry I'm a bit upset, I will continue this in PM's if you'd like to
Old 14 January 2005, 14:42   #16
Jim

I don't see the point in discussing it in PM's as it has happened. I am not going to change my mind or regret what I did and nobody is going to influence me to either. The only thing a PM exchange would achieve is a flame war and to be honest as much as I like them I've got quite a lot of things to do today.

I have made my point and I stand by it. Many people are upset that I did/said those things but time travel hasn't been invented and neither has a "excercise control" switch in my brain.

I now recommend that anyone who still has further issues with this PM me, start a Off-Topic thread or just ignore it/me and move on.

I think this thread is starting to go off and has reached it's natural expiry date.

Old 14 January 2005, 15:19   #17
BippyM
Global Moderator

Thread closed:

@unregistered.. register and start a new thread in prb.games and supply all info asked for in this thread