English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 18 January 2020, 18:27   #1
bitcpy

WANTED: Amiga 1000 Accelerator

I am looking for a Vampire 500 V2+, HC533, 68020TK or some accelerator that will work inside an A1000 with IDE autoboot.

I already have a DKB Kwikstart with 1.3 and 3.1 ROMs.

I tried the Witcher 500i 2c but so far no luck with it. Looking for another card to test out.
Old 19 January 2020, 12:14   #2
pgovotsos

Make sure that whatever you get,since most of them are designed for particular clearances in an A500 case, clears the floppy drive, the sides of the case, and, if you have an NTSC model, the big daughter board. With some accelerators you can get them to fit with CPU relocators.

Most of the CSA ones fit well and are quite fast. They don't have a built in IDE though. This is easy to address, for these and others without IDE on board, with the IDE interface that installs in the CPU socket, between it and the accelerator. They are quite cheap.

I know that you specified internal, but there were several external ones produced for the A1000. They plug into the expansion slot on the right side and designed to match the look of the 1000. They, along with the CSA ones, come up on eBay pretty often. Some are priced reasonably or accept offers.

Good luck with the hunt!
Old 27 January 2020, 22:18   #3
bitcpy

Appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

I have an external dual CF card that plugs into the expansion port but was thinking it would interfere with the built-in IDE that is found on most of these accelerators.

I bought some PCB for the relocation boards so I can have it ready if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgovotsos View Post
Make sure that whatever you get,since most of them are designed for particular clearances in an A500 case, clears the floppy drive, the sides of the case, and, if you have an NTSC model, the big daughter board. With some accelerators you can get them to fit with CPU relocators.

Most of the CSA ones fit well and are quite fast. They don't have a built in IDE though. This is easy to address, for these and others without IDE on board, with the IDE interface that installs in the CPU socket, between it and the accelerator. They are quite cheap.

I know that you specified internal, but there were several external ones produced for the A1000. They plug into the expansion slot on the right side and designed to match the look of the 1000. They, along with the CSA ones, come up on eBay pretty often. Some are priced reasonably or accept offers.

Good luck with the hunt!