English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 02 December 2007, 16:50   #1
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

AmiBay Listings

Hello there my friendly forum chummies

I figure i would start this thread as its not really eBay and well AmiBay needs your support to make it work..

so for that reason i have posted here the fact I have some item(s), as do others already available on AmiBay..

please note that AmiBay is still in alpha, but is stable at present (and extra speedy too)

for access to the Recycle bin area please approach any of the AmiBay Team and they can help you.

so a place to really bookmark / favourite if you haven't already

http://www.amibay.co.uk

Old 05 December 2007, 21:07   #2
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Just to add to Zetr0's post, the site is fully operational and is open for new members, it's as good as in beta stage.

Adverts are starting to be placed and the Recycle Bin is buzzing....to use the Recycle Bin you will need to apply for Amibayer status, please PM me on Amibay if you want Amibayer access. All we ask is that you read and understand the site rules first.

Enjoy!!

Merlin
Mega AmiMod - Amibay
Old 05 December 2007, 21:11   #3
keropi

I regged!
Old 05 December 2007, 21:22   #4
mabus
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi View Post
I regged!
I'm regged too now, and soon I will post some articles - mostly because I have some things in my loft that would me more useful in the hands of another amigan...
Old 06 December 2007, 07:22   #5
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
finally, a great place to buy and sell amiga gear, kudos to all parties involved

I think some publicity can't do harm, announcements in places like a.org, aw.net would be good to let more people know of this great replacement to amibench.
Old 03 January 2008, 18:34   #6
CU_AMiGA
Banned

just been registered on there for a while now but only just started posting. well where do i start:

1) within a couple of hours of registering (without even posting) i, quite literally, got asked 21 questions about trading, selling and shit (basically being nosey in my opinion, totally unnecesary)

2) after posting my adverts up, i literally get shot to smithereens with all sorts of silly little request from mods like; no email displaying, no double post (the 2 not mentioned in the faq rules), generally being very, VERY fussy (i got a warning if i didnt delete my email address lol).

3) these requests arent even asked in PM (like they should be) they are just posted by the mods in the thread. so by the time everything is said and done the whole thread loses it meaning.

the reason why i (and probs so many others) liked amibench is because of its free flowing style and the way you could advertise anything (within reason of course) and in any way you could do it. but here i am almost constantly being asked to change my post/advert. "dont do this", "you should do this way", blah blah blah at the end of the day, if the mods leave the thread alone then there would be no trouble (like in the 1st place).

well anyway its a shame amibench has gone, and situations like this make me appreciate/miss it even more. as for amibay, well i maybe told something like "if you dont like it then dont use it" which is a lame duck attitude in my opinion. but at the moment there is no substiution (apart from forums and amigaworld classifieds), so i have no choice. my advice to the guys at amibay is to lax their attitude a bit and loosen up a bit (like amibench). the no bidding and feedback rules i agree with, but everything else is just way, way over the barrier. thats my opinion anyway!

in conclusion, this is (as i said before) one of the only few amiga classifieds type site. if you are expecting something like amibench, then maybe stay away - if not, then maybe give it a try, but i may say stay away from the site unless you are very, very cautious indeed!
Old 03 January 2008, 18:46   #7
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@CU_Amiga

in AmiBay's defense, I will say you didn't read the rules before posting, posting software in an area for hardware posts is a little crazy my friend, and thus why the mods mentioned it.

I will also say the Reason you got a lot of questions about trading (and you were not the only one) was due to your inclusion to the Recycle Bin, if anyone here is unaware what this sub-forum is for, it is a way to pass on stuff (hardware / software / misc.) for the price of postage. so that generous member don't get scammed, there is a protocol of questions to be asked, it was not personal my friend.

Indeed, i understand how one can feel AmiBay is over moderated but in truth we have had some troublesome people sign up and abuse the good nature of the site.

Truth is after this initial period AmiBay will settle down and evolve. if you want to be part of that evolution, please take part in the Your AmiBay its what its there for my friend. speak you mind all ideas and feed back welcome there.

I am sorry you have not had the experience that you were seeking my friend, perhaps with your input in AmiBay we can address not only in more detail moderator decisions but also any of the short comings of AmiBay.

I do hope you partake of AmiBay's development my friend.
Old 03 January 2008, 19:01   #8
Dizzy
Pirate

where is that sub-forum "recycle bin" I can only see the sales forums
Old 03 January 2008, 19:07   #9
meega

You have to ask for AmiBayer status if you want to see the Bin ....
Old 03 January 2008, 19:12   #10
Dizzy
Pirate

oh

should remember to read all the rules
Old 03 January 2008, 19:16   #11
meega

It helps to keep the mods off your back.
Old 03 January 2008, 21:59   #12
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

PMSL @ Meega

Seriously people, it takes a shorter time to read the rules than it takes to get a Moderator off your case, you know it makes sense....if a Moderator was offside I would step in, however, I have seen no need to as yet.

Yes, Amibay is policed more than some other sites, but that is for the protection of the members, we don't want ripped off members or pirate warez all over the place, we want a safe place for our members.

As I said to another person on Amibay, we are not a banana republic and we don't need any more dictators thanks, we are democratic and transparent in everything we do, there is no other way to run it.

The first rule is, READ THE RULES !!!

Nuff said.

BTW, Dizzy, you now have access to the Recycle Bin, access has to be granted to prevent the area being exploted by traders.

Merlin
Mega AmiMod

Last edited by Merlin; 04 January 2008 at 09:09.
Old 04 January 2008, 00:50   #13
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@CU_Amiga

in AmiBay's defense, I will say you didn't read the rules before posting, posting software in an area for hardware posts is a little crazy my friend, and thus why the mods mentioned it.
well it was only one or 2 games at most i think and didnt seem much point in creating a total new thread to be honest. plus it matched the part anyway.

Quote:
I am sorry you have not had the experience that you were seeking my friend, perhaps with your input in AmiBay we can address not only in more detail moderator decisions but also any of the short comings of AmiBay.

I do hope you partake of AmiBay's development my friend.
yeah dont worry i will hang about on amibay for a while. i just got pissed off with the over the top mods. i still say they should lax their attitude a bit. and the many requests asked by the mods arent covered in the faq.
Old 04 January 2008, 09:11   #14
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

@ CU_AMiGA

Thanks for that, we will take your comments on board and see how we can amend the FAQs to be more detailed regarding certain areas.

Edit: I have checked and the FAQs are the generic phpBB FAQs, I am not sure if they can be edited. Anyhoo, the rules are there, in the Amibay News & Info Section, which I think doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to work out what it contains.

Merlin

Last edited by Merlin; 05 January 2008 at 10:11.
Old 04 January 2008, 12:08   #15
BinoX
Miggy Man

Signed up to amibay today... Actually on the hunt for something in particular at the moment, even though cash is tight.. heh..
Old 05 January 2008, 00:29   #16
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
@Binox would be nice if you could put some of this in the recycle bin

A3000T, CSPPC 50/240, X-Surf3, USB, 128MB
A4000, 040-40Mhz, Buddha IDE, Delfina, KS 3.1, 64MB
A2000, GVP 030, Buddha IDE, KS 3.1 16MB RAM, GVP Spectrum
A2000, 030, KS 1.3+3.1, A2088XT
A1200 PPC603e/040 , KS 3.1, ZIV Busboard, Mediator ZIV, Voodoo3
A1200 060, 256MB, Mediator, Voodoo3, etc.
2x A1200
1x A600, 1mb chip, KS 3.1
A500+ standard
A500 Standard
CDTV KS 3.1, 68020-16MHz, 12MB FAST RAM, OS3.9, SCSI
CD32 with SX-1+4MB RAM
AmigaOne XE G4 @ 800MHz 256MB RAM Voodoo 3 AGP

(your sig)
Old 05 January 2008, 10:54   #17
BinoX
Miggy Man

Haha,

Nice for some... Not nice for me though

Although I may get rid of a few things sometime...
Old 05 January 2008, 15:26   #18
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

@ All

Zetr0 has now amended the FAQs to include all of the Amibay rules and salient points, well done mate, a very good job done there, K+ to you mate.

Let no-one say that at Amibay we don't take members comments seriously.

CU_AMiGA, would you care to take a look, as you suggested the amendments to the FAQs?

Cheers

Merlin