English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 26 January 2022, 22:59   #1
walterg74

Changing default shortcuts?

Hi folks,

Due to a particular keyboard I want to use, I am wanting to see if there is a way to change default shortcuts for Inserting/Ejecting Floppy disks, from END+Fx to something else.

The reason is because on this keyboard the END key/function is obtained by pressing a Function key plus a different key, and so when pressing F1 (or F2) instead of those keys I actually get F11 (or F12), so my keypress would actually translate to END+F11 instead of END+F1

In lieu of this, as I understand the emulator reads scan codes directly from hardware, an acceptable solution would be to swap for example F11 with F1 or F1/F3 and F2/F4.

I recently found these mappings in an include file called keyboard.h however changing that and recompiling did swap those keys but only in the emulated Amiga and not the GUI! (which thinking about it would also be great as I could have swapped keys just for the GUI and the Amiga would still be normal).

Anybody know if there's either an easy way to change these shortcuts or at least change in the source code and where?

Thanks.
Old 06 February 2022, 09:47   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

They can be changed using Input panel, there is input event for inserting and ejecting disks.

If you want to change it in source level, defaults are configured in keyboard_win32.cpp (it simply sets default input event mapping, it is not hardcoded special case)
Old 06 February 2022, 10:42   #3
walterg74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
They can be changed using Input panel, there is input event for inserting and ejecting disks.

If you want to change it in source level, defaults are configured in keyboard_win32.cpp (it simply sets default input event mapping, it is not hardcoded special case)
Thanks Toni!

It was actually for Amiberry which pulls so much from winuae (not concerned about WinUAE since I use that on PC and have a "normal" keyboard) and the .cpp file was the solution I went for, changing which key acted along with F1-F4 for that and recompiling