English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 16 June 2022, 12:01   #1021
EsseEmmeErre

Hello RetroFan, here is EsseEmmeErre!
Yesterday I have reinstalled AmiKit Real because it did crash!
I have non reinstalled Genesis from the OS 3.9 CD.
As result my Wi-Fi Internet connection fails alwais and this is correct.
But in the previous config there was a conflict with bdssocket.library.
I want to let you know that there is a request for this in my personal Workbench trying to listen to a Web radio using Amplifier from the OS 3.9.
Thank you however for your help, I do not want to surrend!
Greetings from Milan, Italy!
Old 25 June 2022, 20:35   #1022
EsseEmmeErre

Lord Year 2022, June 25th, Saturday

Hi, here is EsseEmmeErre!
Great news: I succeeded to go on the Web with AKReal9
installed on my real Amiga 1200!
Here is the trick: Install OS 3.9 and BB 1&2, then install
AKReal9.
After AKReal9 is correctly configured, install AWeb3SE and
Genesis from the OS 3.9 CD into it, great!
Greetings to RetroFan and all the others in this list!
Old 26 June 2022, 00:21   #1023
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Great that it's working for you.
I'm trying to update AKReal, it needs it, but as I have so many things to update, it's hard. Now I think I have the update ready, but I also have to update my two Icons sets.
Let's see, but it's in progress albeit slowly.
Old 04 July 2022, 02:59   #1024
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to tell that ... I think that I can release this great update anytime soon, Very soon.

I just need to tie up some loose ends (some more permissions) and the sun will rise like you've never seen before

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 July 2022, 11:52   #1025
PeterK

Hey Retrofan, that sounds really great!

... from a blues song (Jeff Beck): "Don't know what it is, but I want it, and I want it now!"
Old 28 July 2022, 18:16   #1026
Zybex17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Just to tell that ... I think that I can release this great update anytime soon, Very soon.

I just need to tie up some loose ends (some more permissions) and the sun will rise like you've never seen before

[ Show youtube player ]
Hi Retrofan! Is there any news? I've got my new Warp1260, and i'm struggling to setup a nice OS appearence. I can't wait that you pubblish your new version...for me it would be a problem solved!
Old 31 July 2022, 23:33   #1027
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybex17 View Post
Hi Retrofan! Is there any news? I've got my new Warp1260, and i'm struggling to setup a nice OS appearence. I can't wait that you pubblish your new version...for me it would be a problem solved!
Hi Zybex17. It goes on, albeit slowly. But not so much now. Two more weeks
Well, that was a joke. I don't know but yep, between a week and two more I believe is what I need. I've deleted a program and added something great, for a long time expected to be here... A "key"

Edit: I'm needing a bit of more time. I have to check a lot of icons and a lot of things. It's been a time that I don't release an update and I want to check everything if I can. For example, today I've noticed an icon that is shown badly only on Scalos (the Wet icon/s). I've "remade it" from the original images (Ken's icons) and now it's shown right.

Last edited by Retrofan; 20 August 2022 at 04:04.
Old 02 August 2022, 09:06   #1028
Zybex17

Will it be included a full rtg setup?
Old 03 August 2022, 02:15   #1029
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybex17 View Post
Will it be included a full rtg setup?
You don't have an idea about all of the changes, permissions, tryings, images, icons to make and things to check I have to make on every update. Now I'm still working updating the icons packs I made. I've just found more things that I've got to change to make them better. For Magellan they need three diferent savings in their positions. I didn't know (just to be clear). You've got to save the position as "name", also as Icon and also as "Icon Action", so I'll have to recheck them all... (Edit: no, luckily I was wrong*)

About your question: Nope, I'm not God and I can't make an RTG setup for every Amiga out there, it has to be you like always has been.

If you talk about WinUAE, YEP, with my version you can switch from 16 colors to RTG with a couple of clicks and return to them the same way. You've never had that option, but my distro has it included.

*Edit: Nope, you can't save all of the positions info, only as icon or whatever, but only one. You can change them, but they won't be saved after a reboot.

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 August 2022 at 17:16.
Old 03 August 2022, 11:21   #1030
Zybex17

Well, it sounds like a lot of work to do. Much respect for your efforts. Unfortunately the AmigaOS is all but easy, and only very few people are able to handle it. I did try to put mu hands and learn, but then, i have found that experience is what is really needed, cause to obtain good results, you need to use alot of 3th party little applications and patches, that you must know. And there are many version of them to do exactly the same thing. Only someone who is playing with Amiga since 90s is able to fully understand what to do and how, with witch applications and so on. So, yes, only thanks to people like you, who makes efforts to prepare something good and ready, it is possible to enjoy Amiga as it's best.
New hardware is coming out in the last period, but without some support, it isn't possible to fully enjoy it. First time i have RTG in my Amiga, for example. But to have highres and responsive desktop with oldish style graphics it's a no sense. It's almost better to have it in low res... About your distro, winuae rtg settings will be great! It will be needed just to install the Picasso drivers, and that's it. I was referring more to palette, icon colours number, and so on.
Anyway, can't wait to test your new distro. Thanks again for all the efforts, and for your kind answers here on the forum. I appreciate alot.
Old 01 October 2022, 12:43   #1031
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

In the update I will include DOSBox, so I've thought that it would be nice to have a large hdf with 4GB. I've made one with PFS3AIO and the link is in the first post here.

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 October 2022 at 01:11.
Old 02 November 2022, 19:57   #1032
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

How to intall OS3.2 on AKReal 9.1 (OS3.9 BB2) with AGA.

Hi:
First, I have to say that I can't take any responsibility. OS3.2 wasn't thought to be used over OS3.9. The thing is that it works so far and that I like for example moving windows out of screen . This setup is thought for using AGA, not RTG. Edit: The "Android" RTG setup works.

So these are the steps to get it working:

1) We start with AKReal 9.1 running from a previous installation of OS3.9 Boing Bag 2.
2) We need to have TWO FILES on hand:
- From the latest icon.library by Peter Keunecke (2022-10-30) take the new icon.library directly from the libs drawer in the Aminet release, which is 51.4.567 (TC020)
- Intuition.library from the 3.1.4.1 adf update. It's compressed as "Intuition-v45.library.Z", but you can unpack it with WinZip and rename it as Intuition.library
3) Now we install OS3.2 from the CD but we do not reboot at the end.
4) When the installation has finished:
- Change the name of your startup-sequence. Rename it as Startup-sequenceOS3.2
- Copy to Ram the existing "Startup-sequence_OS39BB2+OS3.2", rename it to Startup-Sequence and copy it to your S drawer.
5) Copy the files of step 2 to Libs.
6) Edit your new Startup-sequence and add this line: Loadmodule >NIL: Libs:Intuition.library DOWNGRADE
(look at the screenshot).
7) Download from the AKReal site whatever icons set. For example the 16 colors Ken's icons. Click on "Install 16C Ken's icons", "Continue" and then select "Restore Originals". Do not reboot yet.
8) Open Directory Opus and delete from AmiKit "Trashcan" and "Trashcan.info". Also delete "Old.info".
9) Restart WinUAE. Select your OS3.2 configuration and insert this modified HDF. Save this configuration with whatever name.
10) Start this new WinUAE configuration. Now open AmiKit:Prefs and doubleclick on IControl. Click on "Can move off-screen" and "Scroll wheel enabled". Save and restart.

Have fun

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 November 2022 at 22:32.
Old 02 November 2022, 23:24   #1033
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
2) We need to have TWO FILES on hand:
- From the latest icon.library from Peter Keunecke version 46.4, we take from Libs/68020/ Libs the icon.library (version 46.4.56, resident info 51.4.567 (TC020).
- Intuition.library from OS3.1.4 (not the 3.1.4.1 update). It's inside Modules1200_3.1.4.adf.
5) Copy the files of step 2 to Libs.
6) Edit your new Startup-sequence and add this line: Loadmodule >NIL: Libs:Intuition.library DOWNGRADE
Please, don't use the icon.library from the Libs/68020 directory, because that old v46.4 is not supported by OS 3.2 anymore!

Use the new icon.library directly from the libs drawer in my Aminet release, which is 51.4.567 (TC020) and will be accepted by OS 3.2+. You can check that with "Version Libs:icon.library FILE FULL" or tools like Scout etc.

There is a newer intuition.library 45.13 in the OS 3.1.4.1 update, but it must be extracted from the .z-archive with some sort of extract tool first.

Last edited by PeterK; 02 November 2022 at 23:42.
Old 03 November 2022, 07:06   #1034
klx300r

Question

@ Retrofan

amazing work I hope I can still find my 3.1 roms to install 3.9? Or can I install 3.9 with my current 3.2 roms...been a long time since I installed 3.9
Old 03 November 2022, 10:41   #1035
AMIGASYSTEM

In my opinion it is better not to mix OS3.2 with OS 3.9, otherwise if you are not an expert you will always encounter problems and malfunctions !
Old 03 November 2022, 19:45   #1036
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Please, don't use the icon.library from the Libs/68020 directory, because that old v46.4 is not supported by OS 3.2 anymore!

Use the new icon.library directly from the libs drawer in my Aminet release, which is 51.4.567 (TC020) and will be accepted by OS 3.2+. You can check that with "Version Libs:icon.library FILE FULL" or tools like Scout etc.

There is a newer intuition.library 45.13 in the OS 3.1.4.1 update, but it must be extracted from the .z-archive with some sort of extract tool first.
Many thanks . Yep, it works with those files too. I'll update the post.
BTW, on AKReal to see the version you just have to make a doubleclick on the file.

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 November 2022 at 19:58.
Old 03 November 2022, 19:56   #1037
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
@ Retrofan

amazing work I hope I can still find my 3.1 roms to install 3.9? Or can I install 3.9 with my current 3.2 roms...been a long time since I installed 3.9
Yep, install it with 3.1 roms. After 3.9 add Boing Bags one and two (no more).
Keep an hdf with that configuration for WinUAE and copy and paste that hdf and use the copy to try OS3.2 if you wish.
On a real Amiga if you want to try OS3.2, better start with OS3.1 roms.
Old 04 November 2022, 00:17   #1038
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
In my opinion it is better not to mix OS3.2 with OS 3.9, otherwise if you are not an expert you will always encounter problems and malfunctions !
... C'mon AmigaSystem, I know that you are wishing to try first my update and later this so extrange and nice "mixture".
I'll love to have any comment from you, mate about any problem you can find with it.
I've already fixed things that weren't working right updating to OS3.2 like for example the WB2000 backdrops, that now work right with OS3.2 even, on AkReal 9.1. Yep, I've been one step ahead offering this for free without telling a word before.
Just send me a PM and we talk about any problem with it or whatever.

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 November 2022 at 00:31.
Old 04 November 2022, 10:26   #1039
AMIGASYSTEM

Thank you my friend for the thought, on this forum I have reported many times the problems encountered and many of the times I never got an accurate answer.

In any case many incompatibilities can arise if inexperienced users "mix" libraries or other system files.

At the moment I do not recall all my reports of incompatibilities to software running on OS 3.9, I list a few:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=1020

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1490987&postcount=9

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1490689&postcount=4

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=703
Old 04 November 2022, 21:58   #1040
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks AmigaSystem. What I've seen is that on RTG it crashes with AfAOS, but not with my "Android" RTG setup that doesn't use it.