English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 30 March 2006, 13:52   #1
sareks
Apprentice

Post French Website "Planetemunet"

Does anyone know if there is a German or English Version of the French Website http://www.planetemu.net/ ? My French isn't that good.
Old 30 March 2006, 13:56   #2
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

It's French only, but I don't know French and it's easy to navigate.
Old 30 March 2006, 14:00   #3
Ironclaw
Banned

All you have to know is that Recherche means search, which is the first thing I press when going to that page. Then type a game name and press Valider and start downloading if the result suits my needs .

If you want the page in english, run it through Babel Fish http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Old 30 March 2006, 14:02   #4
rodi
Zone Friend

Hello Sareks,

If you want some games of the Tosec : go the right of the screen and go the menu << ordi >>, after that click on Amiga.

That's all
Old 30 March 2006, 19:50   #5
pbareges

you germans! Besides drinking beer and polluting france and spain beaches, i wonder what you are capable of !! I was regularly checking a german site called TomTom's Amiga HD Spiele and i found my way ON MY OWN by using common internet translating tools. but no, you can't try to improve your french, you need the french to translate their website to german!! That's unbearable, let's demonstrate!! let's take berlin!! ICH BIN EIN BERLINER...here follows a few keywords that may help you find your way :
- amiga translates to amiga
- adf translates to adf
- tosec translates to tosec
- LOOSER translates to LOOSER

it's so good to witness the construction of european community...
Old 30 March 2006, 22:45   #6
rockersuke

By the way! Is there any French speaking Amiga user over here who could ask nicely and politely PLanetEmu people if there could be any chance for their Amiga Tosec sets to be updated? (I mean, if that could actually be possible at all...)

^_^''
Old 30 March 2006, 23:02   #7
DamienD
Banned

They update their MAME collection all the time

When it comes to TOSEC Amiga it can be quite hard to find the latest set. I guess this is probably why it doesn't get updated often
Old 30 March 2006, 23:12   #8
BippyM
Global Moderator

Getting up2date isn't that hard.. In approx a day or 2 I'll be Amiga tosec 100%
Old 30 March 2006, 23:21   #9
DamienD
Banned

Really, maybe I haven't tried hard enough. Probably helps if you know where to get these from (which unfortunately I don't)...

My guess would be newsgroups though?
Old 30 March 2006, 23:23   #10
BippyM
Global Moderator

I used the pleasuredome torrent place..

Methodgit struggled but if you read the instructions regarding stuff you already have then you don't need to download complete sets!

I downloaded about 400mb out of 9gb.. and now I'm seeding all 9gb
Old 30 March 2006, 23:27   #11
DamienD
Banned

Nice one bippym.

I did read the thread about pleasuredome and what Dizzy wrote. Guess I should give it a try
Old 30 March 2006, 23:32   #12
BippyM
Global Moderator

it's just a case of doing what they say!

You scan your sets with their dats (which are just clrmame dats exported by TIM) and then you rezip them with torrentzip. After you start downloading one of the sets.. (just to get file locations etc).

Stop the Dl and move your scanned files into the folder. Force a recheck with your torrent software and hopefully it'll just d/l what you miss (Worked for me)
Old 31 March 2006, 02:32   #13
sareks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges
you germans! Besides drinking beer and polluting france and spain beaches, i wonder what you are capable of !! I was regularly checking a german site called TomTom's Amiga HD Spiele and i found my way ON MY OWN by using common internet translating tools. but no, you can't try to improve your french, you need the french to translate their website to german!! That's unbearable, let's demonstrate!! let's take berlin!! ICH BIN EIN BERLINER...here follows a few keywords that may help you find your way :
- amiga translates to amiga
- adf translates to adf
- tosec translates to tosec

it's so good to witness the construction of european community...
well, i presume this is what you learned about Germans in school...when I used to attend school in '96/97 (Plamondon, Alberta, Canada),
teachers did not share your opinion. but as bob dylan says: "the times they are a-changing."

hm, that really IS a nice answer. thanks for the long approriate text concerning my simple question. did you actually grow up bilingual ? I know most people in my second home country do

Last edited by sareks; 31 March 2006 at 17:49.
Old 31 March 2006, 17:45   #14
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges
and is actually spelled LOSER
That's extremely abnormal: a german guy like me who can even spell "loser" correctly
Old 31 March 2006, 17:50   #15
sareks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
and is actually spelled LOSER
That's extremely abnormal: a german guy like me who can even spell "loser" correctly
why would we correct native speakers anyway
they [should] know it by heart *gg*

Last edited by sareks; 01 April 2006 at 08:20.
Old 31 March 2006, 17:52   #16
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
just my 2c to the original story: all that translation software stuff is useless if the site makes heavy use of graphical buttons; even more if there's no [alt]-Tag to display texts if the user has graphics disabled.

Quote:
richtig, aber warum sollten wir native-speakers korrigieren
Why we should correct native speakers you ask? Well, since a certain part of them do not even know how to speak their language properly, get accused of not being able by fellow native speakers, and, believe me my friend, it has been mostly FOREIGNERS who have been correcting ME with difficult grammatical cases so far (e. g. my former italian language workshop teacher, who is French and seems to know german grammar more in-depth than the germans).
Old 31 March 2006, 18:49   #17
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

In the UK schools don't correct grammatical and spelling errors anymore. This results in universities or businesses having to pick up the pieces.
Old 31 March 2006, 20:49   #18
sareks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
just my 2c to the original story: all that translation software stuff is useless if the site makes heavy use of graphical buttons; even more if there's no [alt]-Tag to display texts if the user has graphics disabled.

Why we should correct native speakers you ask? Well, since a certain part of them do not even know how to speak their language properly, get accused of not being able by fellow native speakers, and, believe me my friend, it has been mostly FOREIGNERS who have been correcting ME with difficult grammatical cases so far (e. g. my former italian language workshop teacher, who is French and seems to know german grammar more in-depth than the germans).
actually, it was a rhetorical question meant to say that we can all learn from each other (s mistakes - even in this forum and even with computers).
glad that so many people are here willing to share their knowledge with the ones who don't know better.
Old 01 April 2006, 12:22   #19
Paul
RIP Friends

I've moved thread to web reviews as this is not a game prob
Old 03 April 2006, 03:31   #20
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareks
well, i presume this is what you learned about Germans in school...when I used to attend school in '96/97 (Plamondon, Alberta, Canada),
teachers did not share your opinion. but as bob dylan says: "the times they are a-changing."

hm, that really IS a nice answer. thanks for the long approriate text concerning my simple question. did you actually grow up bilingual ? I know most people in my second home country do
dear friend, i didn't get what you meant exactly when refering to my opinion but i would love to as i'm now established in canada and i would be concerned about canadian teachers not promoting the benefits of melting 2 languages in the same country. i agree with you about the fact that my text was much too long (and yes guys my english is far from perfect but i TRY at least to make it better everyday..you should hear me !! the typical disgusting french accent...but can't help it!!)...and no i grew up in deep south west of france, so my knowledge of foreign languages was poor when i arrived in canada...
BUT in short i still think that french web sites as any foreign web sites give you the opportunity to improve your knowledge of foreign languages, so get your hands on it and try to enjoy the magic of original version instead of getting a poor translation! btw, i witnessed drunk germans polluting france and spain beaches with their empty bottles every summer since i was a child...i know some french can behave in a terrible way in foreign countries but i blame all of them...it's just that your attitude reminded me this kind of 'I'm the king of the world, no rules apply to me, i need to get served like i want'...BUT ONCE AGAIN PUSHED IT TOO FAR....sorry