Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 16 June 2020, 01:05   #61
zzbylu
Saberman

small gameplay - adf version:
[ Show youtube player ]
and hdd version:
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by zzbylu; 16 June 2020 at 10:04.
Old 16 June 2020, 07:49   #62
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Well, i assume actual sounds are placeholder because a gunshot and ricochet in the middle of the moon with no oxygen lack any logical sense for me, but am picky...

if you want ideas on how make believable sounds on the void maybe watching some Dead space playthrough might help
Old 16 June 2020, 08:32   #63
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
You are trying to find a logic in a space shooter? C'mon. I like those sounds. What I see from the video the problem is aiming, as enemies are centered to the middle of player sprite, but he is holding his gun in his right hand and so he can not hit them, especially the small ones. But maybe some spread shot is in the plan?

Last edited by Predseda; 16 June 2020 at 08:40.
Old 16 June 2020, 10:23   #64
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Well, i assume actual sounds are placeholder because a gunshot and ricochet in the middle of the moon with no oxygen lack any logical sense for me, but am picky...

if you want ideas on how make believable sounds on the void maybe watching some Dead space playthrough might help
In the very beginning we had the idea that the only sound this game should have are your own breath, heartbeat and an sfx when you hurt or damaged. It would surely give a darker tone to the game.
..but yeah, gunshots, monster sounds, ect. will (probably) be replaced.
Old 16 June 2020, 15:30   #65
ExiE

The graphics looks excellent, great job guys. But game play doesn't feel right to me.
So complicated aiming of these small blue aliens... Why?
Old 16 June 2020, 18:43   #66
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiE View Post
The graphics looks excellent, great job guys. But game play doesn't feel right to me.
So complicated aiming of these small blue aliens... Why?
Yes, there are two problems.
-One is with the greys sprites. They are a lot smaller and as all enemy their pivot is marching against the pivot of the player.
-The other is with the gfx. If you see Alien Breed or Chaos Engine, the shooting anim or the player itself allways holding the gun at their stomach. We try to manage the gfx a little "different". As Predseda mentioned the player is holding the gun at his right hand in every direction (as it sholud be and there is no mirroring). The bullets are spawned from the gun and not from the middle of the sprite.

This two things are couse the problem that we need to be solved.
Old 16 June 2020, 21:32   #67
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Okay, just playing the demo. I swapped and upgraded the weapon and the aiming is much better now. Managed to get to the bunkers so far, the level is quite hard. Some enemies (blue, green and black barrel guys) can be dodged. I was quite surprised with the palpost that suddenly appeared from left and also with the explosion, that killed one green and one blue shooter (I am not sure what happened, did I hit some dynamite or what?). My first impression: the game is already AWESOME and it is only a demo!

I found a small bug: when I have for example 2 bullets left and I collect an ammo magazine (containing I think 200 bullets) the ammo counter changes to 002 instead of 202

EDIT: okay, I now know what happened - that green insect shooter hit the barrels and caused the explosion. Great!

Last edited by Predseda; 17 June 2020 at 10:17.
Old 18 June 2020, 09:35   #68
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

I have a problem with fonts. Look at the pictures.

It appears in HDD version on my real Amiga. I unpacked your .rar to my harddisk, started the game and got this. I have copied ProjectHorizon fonts files from game drawer to my FONTS:, rebooted Amiga and it didn't help. Where the game looks for the fonts? In system fonts drawer? I tried to compare ADF with RAR and beside two music files not present in ADF they seem to be identical, with one exception: ph.font file. So I copied this to my HDD to ProjectHorizon game drawer and it also didn't help. I can not even identify what is that huge font that I have in my game now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	horizon_font_1.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	67820   Click image for larger version

Name:	horizon_font_2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	67821  
Old 18 June 2020, 16:09   #69
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I have a problem with fonts. Look at the pictures.

It appears in HDD version on my real Amiga. I unpacked your .rar to my harddisk, started the game and got this. I have copied ProjectHorizon fonts files from game drawer to my FONTS:, rebooted Amiga and it didn't help. Where the game looks for the fonts? In system fonts drawer? I tried to compare ADF with RAR and beside two music files not present in ADF they seem to be identical, with one exception: ph.font file. So I copied this to my HDD to ProjectHorizon game drawer and it also didn't help. I can not even identify what is that huge font that I have in my game now.
It should be loading the first font it founds from their own folder.. ..but it appears to be loading (possibly) from dh0:font..
Ok, thank you for all feedback! It's also on the TODO list.

In AMOS we don't find any working solution (yet) for loading a font from disk that we want use. That means that i can't give an exact name like "ph.font". It works in a way that it searches a folder , making a list and i can define that i want to use font number x from that list..
..and ofcourse everybody can have different (amount of) fonts in their system...

Does anybody has a solution for that problem?
Old 18 June 2020, 17:14   #70
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

I solved it outside AMOS, created a script with IconX Project icon like this:

Code:
Assign ProjectHorizon: ""
Assign Fonts: ProjectHorizon/Fonts
Cd ""
ProjectHorizon
Assign Fonts: SYS:Fonts
so it returns the fonts path back after the game is quit by pressing Escape key.

I do not have a manual for AMOS Pro, but as you said in AMOS1.3 there are only Get Fonts, Get Disk Fonts and Set Font commands that create/use font n from the list. So the exact font CAN NOT be called inside AMOS.

Last edited by Predseda; 18 June 2020 at 18:32.
Old 18 June 2020, 21:26   #71
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Another two bugs found:

- when I burn those aliens stored in glass cylinders (using flamethrower), they keep changing frames until the last one, which is an american flag

- when I die in nazi uniform, I start the next game as a nazi soldier, not an astronaut

- there is also an energy pillar behind the first ufo on the left in 1st part of the level. This pillar is destroyable, but after it is destroyed, it changes to incorrect tile (a floor panel).

BTW is the demo completable? I have a card, there is nothing to kill or destroy left. I found two locked doors, but I can not enter them. Do I need to press a key or what?

In front of one of the doors is a message but it is the same "tovarish" message as my rescued buddy says to me. I think there should be different text maybe?

Last edited by Predseda; 18 June 2020 at 23:14.
Old 18 June 2020, 23:37   #72
gyagyagyerek
DIY

- I fixed the aim to Small greys (In reality the greys target system, made them suicid .... they now run to line of fire...)
- Ammo value is fixed ,hanged the Value but I did not actualize convert it to string (rewrited so many times for optimization, I did not even realized...) same thing happening with HP but it was not as visible.
- I have a solution to the FONT problem.... it is a AMCAF FONT BANK extension but I dont want to use because I want to be editabe outside the source, but if it is the solution then I will use that.
- Every destroyable tile is a decremented value. Flamethrower somehow mess up these value even it is handled (not to)!? (I will find it ...and I will Kill IT)
- nazi uniform stays because I want to be carried to the next levels... (buggy but try LEVEL CODE: LEON1, LEON2, LEON3, LEON4, RESET)
- the demo is technikal and for test not completabe. ( my bad..............exit text shold be "The END"...sorry)
Old 18 June 2020, 23:44   #73
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

I would keep the aiming as it was, I got used to it very quickly.

I understand the nazi uniform stays when you are re-born (aka next life), but it stays even if you play the new game after Game Over.

I made screenshots for all those bugs, but now I see they are not needed anymore. I love the game very much. Anyway - should we even report bugs at this stage?

Last edited by Predseda; 18 June 2020 at 23:53.
Old 18 June 2020, 23:50   #74
gyagyagyerek
DIY

ohh.. i will correct the death/restart/nazi thing too...
Old 19 June 2020, 09:38   #75
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Played the game intensively last night with my son, look what I found in bathroom this morning
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	horizon.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	67837  
Old 19 June 2020, 14:10   #76
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Hooooo

Quote:
Played the game intensively last night with my son, look what I found in bathroom this morning
Oooh..! It is pretty impressive! He could be an artist some day! I hope he doesn't have nightmares from this!

Thank You! It means a lot! I also have a little daughter (11 months), she is just learning to stand up, but she screams like a raptor from Jurassic Park. ...maybe she could be a voice actor!
Old 19 June 2020, 15:39   #77
roondar

Quote:
I solved it outside AMOS, created a script with IconX Project icon like this:

Code:
Assign ProjectHorizon: ""
Assign Fonts: ProjectHorizon/Fonts
Cd ""
ProjectHorizon
Assign Fonts: SYS:Fonts
so it returns the fonts path back after the game is quit by pressing Escape key.

I do not have a manual for AMOS Pro, but as you said in AMOS1.3 there are only Get Fonts, Get Disk Fonts and Set Font commands that create/use font n from the list. So the exact font CAN NOT be called inside AMOS.
A script very much like the above is how I dealt with the FONTS issue for my AMOS projects back in the 90's. Never found a better solution for using actual fonts.
Old 19 June 2020, 20:23   #78
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Thanks! Looks like AMCAF-EXTENSION is probably solved our problem.

Change Font Dir$+"Fonts/ProjectHorizon.font"
Old 01 July 2020, 14:18   #79
thairacerjp

thanks Predseda, I wanted to post my bug but u were to fast

thanks for the fix.

great game !
Old 06 July 2020, 19:20   #80
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Question

I have saw AmigaBill on Twitch. There was a few questions about..
the music:
The music and sfx are mostly from Unity3d Asset store. The Title Music is "Procedural Ambience" (https://assetstore.unity.com/package...e-4414#content).
The battle music is "07_Space-Time_Vortex" (https://assetstore.unity.com/package...s-pack-1-25686)
Jetpack:
(Sadly) the gameplay speaking against that.
Grenade:
Why not?
We will see..