Fact:
There is NO new Factor 5 Amiga Game.
WB
Rendering Ranger 2 (AGA version)
Sorry got confused thought that Factor 5 was part of Rainbow Arts
Old 18 August 2023, 00:45   #122
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

Turrican 3 did deviate and felt more like a Megadrive game than an Amiga game and it was easy. But the hidden extra lives were still there and that soundtrack was ace.

I still enjoyed it and still play it regularly. If I'm honest I play 3 more than 2 even though I believe 2 is a better sequel.

Ps I think what you're doing is awesome
Old 18 August 2023, 11:03   #123
Wesker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor5 View Post
Fact:
There is NO new Factor 5 Amiga Game.
WB

My apologies, Willi. Based upon the fact that you are getting back to the Amiga scene and some conversation about a new Amiga game I read on Discord with mentions to Gamescom, I understood it was something like that (hence the "hinting at the possibility" remark). Sorry if it was a misconception.

What you have to do is a new Factor 5 Mega Drive game then! Just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
That is why i called it turrican 2.5 or an Alt 3: is not the canon 3
However the use of the hook on the Amiga version - especially without extra fire buttons - was pretty bad, and i did miss the rotating laser; it did feel like a Bionic commando remake rather than a Turrican game, but that was me

So, summarizing what FOR ME defined the Turrican game experience was rotating laser, wheel, hidden power ups, hidden extra lives, superbombs, PITA walkers and Chris Huelsbeck soundtrack ^^
What you want then is an Amiga AGA version of Super Turrican, which suits perfectly your definition of Turrican 2.5/alternative Turrican 3.

If Muzza is already going to have a hard time converting an existing game like Mega Turrican/Turrican 3, which has many graphical assets from the unreleased PC MS-DOS version already suitable for the expanded Amiga AGA resolution, I can't imagine what would be for him either attempting Super Turrican (which has essentially none, so it would be the SNES game "as it is") or even worse, a new game or partly derived, just to comply to all the people who seem to dislike the canonical sequel to Turrican II.
Old 22 August 2023, 02:52   #124
Apollon

i find the idea of a simple aga version of mega turrican more than good, the game already benefits from the paula music alone... i always found turrican 3 and mega turrican very good, and the grappling hook an enrichment.
Old 10 September 2023, 16:12   #125
gian2k

Is it possible to make a static parallax of 256 pixels sprites and draw the background and scroll it with the blitter?
Old 10 September 2023, 17:22   #126
derSammler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
As for the PC Dos art I'm must say that I'm curious. Il haven't found anything online except for the strange teasers animations on YT.
I provided them. Got them from someone who was somewhat involved in it.

There really isn't that much else to say. The PC version never got far.

When I was still running the pcGTW website, this is all I ever came up with: https://web.archive.org/web/20100329...ames:turrican3

Last edited by derSammler; 11 September 2023 at 09:15.
Old 12 September 2023, 01:44   #127
Muzza

Quote:
Originally Posted by gian2k View Post
Is it possible to make a static parallax of 256 pixels sprites and draw the background and scroll it with the blitter?

Yes, but you'd be blitting 4 bitplanes across the entire screen area every frame. So it would be slow.